ChrisHaley81

Ford Mondeo MK5 Lights swap

So I've got a Ford Mondeo MK5 (2016)  which has I assume the standard headlights with the usual auto dipped/highbeam and cornering etc but they are a bit rubbish and I was wondering is it possible to swap them for the dynamic LED headlights. Is it just a case of removing the old ones and installing the new ones or do they require other stuff that makes is not realistic. I've tried asking Ford to no reply.

Any advice I'd appreciate it.

3 hours ago, ChrisHaley81 said:

So I've got a Ford Mondeo MK5 (2016)  which has I assume the standard headlights with the usual auto dipped/highbeam and cornering etc but they are a bit rubbish and I was wondering is it possible to swap them for the dynamic LED headlights. Is it just a case of removing the old ones and installing the new ones or do they require other stuff that makes is not realistic. I've tried asking Ford to no reply.

Any advice I'd appreciate it.

You're right about the halogens being utter crap, the bi-LED lights are fantastic by comparison but it's not a small job to change i.e. there are other modules/looms needed and also reconfiguring your car's software to recognise the change in hardware.