Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB Radio not working on Mk5 Mondeo on Sync2

Morrisg

Hello

I have a problem with DAB Radio not working on Mk5 Mondeo on Sync2.

All other wavebands and sync2 functions work fine .

Please see attached photo

I Read fuse removal/replacing might cure problem but will I then need 4 digit security code.

Bought car 6 weeks ago and have no idea what pin is if needed.

Any help much appreciated.

Dab Rad Error.jpg

2 hours ago, Morrisg said:

Hello

I have a problem with DAB Radio not working on Mk5 Mondeo on Sync2.

All other wavebands and sync2 functions work fine .

Please see attached photo

I Read fuse removal/replacing might cure problem but will I then need 4 digit security code.

Bought car 6 weeks ago and have no idea what pin is if needed.

Any help much appreciated.

Dab Rad Error.jpg

I'm pretty confident that you don't need a 4 digit code because the unit is coded to the car.

Have you read somewhere that you need a code for Sync 2 or just assumed because older type head units usually needed one?

Do a hard reset on it and that should sort the problem.  It looks like its a error in the code so removing the fuse might not resolve it.  Have a look on Youtube and it will show you how to do a hard reset

I'm pretty confident that you don't need a 4 digit code because the unit is coded to the car.

Have you read somewhere that you need a code for Sync 2 or just assumed because older type head units usually needed one?
Yes just assumed thank you so much

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do a hard reset on it and that should sort the problem.  It looks like its a error in the code so removing the fuse might not resolve it.  Have a look on Youtube and it will show you how to do a hard reset
Thanks very much appreciate your help

• Like 1

I have done SYNC2 master reset but still get no joy with DAB exactly the same
Noticed had to re-pair phone and Nav favs need to be setup again but all radio presets were there in entertainment.
As I say DAB non responsive to anything I do stays on LED 1 out of 3 when touched and never moves touching presets or trying scan does nothing
Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 2:59 PM, Morrisg said:

I have done SYNC2 master reset but still get no joy with DAB exactly the same
Noticed had to re-pair phone and Nav favs need to be setup again but all radio presets were there in entertainment.
As I say DAB non responsive to anything I do stays on LED 1 out of 3 when touched and never moves touching presets or trying scan does nothing
Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Do you have dash cam installed in your car? Some dash cams can kill DAB signal, also some dodgy devices such as car phone chargers etc. Try to remove all electronic devices from your car. It may help.

I am sure someone on the FOrd Mondeo MK5 uk group might be able to assist you.  link is below

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/

Other thing i would look if you can is using a program called forscan and see if you can see anything on that with the dab in the presets and settings.

• Like 1

I had the same problem with my mk4. removed and replaces fuse and yes had to re-enter code. the DAB worked fine then.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club