Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk7 radio upgrade

wild_one

I have a 2009 zetec S with what appears to have the standard Ford radio fitted. I have previously updated my Focus with the Sony version head unit and found it a worthwhile improvement in sound quality. Hoping to do the same with my Fiesta, but if I obtain a used Sony radio would it need 'coding'. Also, will I still have my ability to connect via bluetooth and pair my iPhone? I have noticed that their are a few different models of Sony head units, do I have to purchase a 'year specific' or can I upgrade to a later model year type.

Many thanks

14 minutes ago, wild_one said:

If I obtain a used Sony radio would it need 'coding'.

No. Should be plug and play as long as you get one with the same features as what you have now (DAB etc.)

16 minutes ago, wild_one said:

will I still have my ability to connect via bluetooth and pair my iphone? 

The bluetooth module is separate to the head unit. There should be guides on here somewhere on how to retrofit.

17 minutes ago, wild_one said:

do I have to purchase a 'year specific' or can I upgrade to a later model year type

You need to find one from a pre-facelift fiesta. The facelift introduced more features, mainly SYNC. The plugs on the back are different to what you have now too. Anything from 2008-2012 is what you're after. So your answer is no, you cant upgrade to the later one  as SYNC isnt possible to retrofit or would be incredibly hard/time consuming and not really worth it. That's if you managed to get any of it working correctly as it is integrated into the ECU a lot more than the PFL.

• Thanks 1

Best thing to do would be to remove your head unit and check the sockets on the back as there are a few different types between 2009-2012 I have a spare non DAB Sony headunit available if you’re interested? Obviously you’d need to check the connectors first to see what you have

On 5/18/2019 at 10:57 AM, Fiesta1.25 said:

Best thing to do would be to remove your head unit and check the sockets on the back as there are a few different types between 2009-2012 I have a spare non DAB Sony headunit available if you’re interested? Obviously you’d need to check the connectors first to see what you have

Yeah, I could be interested. What would I be looking for regarding the sockets? I know I have bluetooth and my daughter can pair her iPhone what features do I 'not' want on a head unti?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club