Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best engine tuning companies

Gymfocused

Looking for opinions on which company to use for an engine conversion? 1.6Ti-VCT - RS engine.

Thanks.

Theres loads. Devil Developments comes to mind atm. Saw they've done a mk6 fiesta with the 2.5 ST225 engine. I hope you have deep pockets though. Youd comfortably be able to buy an ST (which can easily make more power than a stock RS) for less money than converting a poverty spec one. You also wont get the comfy seats, bodykit, headlights etc.

It's not just the engine youd need to swap. The heavy lump and turbo also means changing springs/dampers and other bits and pieces I'm sure wont fit anymore.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Theres loads. Devil Developments comes to mind atm. Saw they've done a mk6 fiesta with the 2.5 ST225 engine. I hope you have deep pockets though. Youd comfortably be able to buy an ST (which can easily make more power than a stock RS) for less money than converting a poverty spec one. You also wont get the comfy seats, bodykit, headlights etc.

It's not just the engine youd need to swap. The heavy lump and turbo also means changing springs/dampers and other bits and pieces I'm sure wont fit anymore.

I,m after the sleeper look. I wont be changing the outside of mine too much tbh. I have a rough idea of what i want done, just looking for peoples opinions on which companies are good. I know this wont be cheap but, you may as well enjoy life. I,m looking at the b16 kit, bola b10, quaife atb, K-sport brakes and a few other bits. I,m a bit lost on et on the wheel options though. Can you help please?

Could someone please help with wheel offset etc?

I would really appreciate some help figuring some information please guys. Are the hubs completely different on the RS? Will I be able to change my wheels, brakes and suspension now and have them still fit when I have the engine changed please?

The quickest way is to have an engine pulled with the front frame and suspension/ brakes still attached then modify the rear and modify an exhaust/ fuel tank possibly change rear sub frame from an st or rs available. The rs really has hub spacers so if you want a sleeper maybe not a good idea. Follow this thread for some inspiration it's a great read.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=1546408&mid=153009&nmt=Ford+Focus+Mk2+[ST]+Estate+Sleeper+-+Build+Thread

If I buy wheels to fit my current setup, will they still fit afterwards?

Tbh until you do make any changes nobody will know. Most ford wheels fit other ford setups as long as the PCD matches (5 x 108). In some cases if you have big brake setups you would need spacers for clearance.

47 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Tbh until you do make any changes nobody will know. Most ford wheels fit other ford setups as long as the PCD matches (5 x 108). In some cases if you have big brake setups you would need spacers for clearance.

We'll these are the wheels I want. Will these still be suitable?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-BOLA-B10-ALLOY-WHEELS-TO-FIT-FORD-VOLVO-JAGUAR-RENAULT-5X108-8J-GLOSS-BLACK/202568749680?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908131621%26meid%3Db9ea5cd38e5247019180b30f74fa300c%26pid%3D100678%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D202568749680%26itm%3D202568749680&_trksid=p2481888.c100678.m3607&_trkparms=pageci%3Afa51b8aa-832c-11e9-98f4-74dbd1804a34|parentrq%3A0aedbdbf16b0ac8938b5c060fff95940|iid%3A1

Yes but I'm sure you need a steering limiter for 18" so much for the sleeper look 😂

22 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Yes but I'm sure you need a steering limiter for 18" so much for the sleeper look 😂

So what offset should I be getting? These are only 1" bigger than my std zs wheels anyway. 

The Focus MK2.5 RS has the Revoknuckle front suspension. This suspension is wider than the "standard" front suspension and requires wheels with a high offset. Because of this the Original MK2.5 RS wheels have an offset of 60 mm.

The RS rear suspension is also completely different from the "standard" rear suspension. The RS rear suspension is basically a combination of Mondeo/Kuga parts and modified Focus parts. The RS rear suspension has spacers between the trailing arms and wheel hubs to match the width of the Revoknuckle front suspension.

If you want to do a proper RS conversion you also need to install the Revoknuckle front suspension. In this case you need to buy wheels with an offset of (approximately) 60 mm. However in the current situation these wheels will only fit on your car when wheel spacers are installed.

Be aware that the RS suspension and wheels are pretty wide for a "standard" Focus MK2/MK2.5 body. It does fit but only in combination with high offset wheels.

The RS rear suspension and brakes can techically be installed before installing the engine. The RS Revoknuckle front suspension however has different lenght driveshafts. Apart from this the RS driveshafts do not fit the gearbox that is currently in your car. This basically means that the engine, gearbox and Revoknuckle front suspension and brakes needs to installed together.

If you can not perform all modiications by yourself and need a garage to perform all modifications you should be prepared to spend a ridiculous amount of money. The costs to do a proper (technical) RS upgrade including all parts (preferably a donor vehicle) and labour will cost more than buying a real Focus RS. You should think twice to spend such an amount of money to a standard poverty spec vehicle. After conversion the value of th car will be not nearly as much as the costs of the conversion.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 8:13 AM, JW1982 said:

The Focus MK2.5 RS has the Revoknuckle front suspension. This suspension is wider than the "standard" front suspension and requires wheels with a high offset. Because of this the Original MK2.5 RS wheels have an offset of 60 mm.

The RS rear suspension is also completely different from the "standard" rear suspension. The RS rear suspension is basically a combination of Mondeo/Kuga parts and modified Focus parts. The RS rear suspension has spacers between the trailing arms and wheel hubs to match the width of the Revoknuckle front suspension.

If you want to do a proper RS conversion you also need to install the Revoknuckle front suspension. In this case you need to buy wheels with an offset of (approximately) 60 mm. However in the current situation these wheels will only fit on your car when wheel spacers are installed.

Be aware that the RS suspension and wheels are pretty wide for a "standard" Focus MK2/MK2.5 body. It does fit but only in combination with high offset wheels.

The RS rear suspension and brakes can techically be installed before installing the engine. The RS Revoknuckle front suspension however has different lenght driveshafts. Apart from this the RS driveshafts do not fit the gearbox that is currently in your car. This basically means that the engine, gearbox and Revoknuckle front suspension and brakes needs to installed together.

If you can not perform all modiications by yourself and need a garage to perform all modifications you should be prepared to spend a ridiculous amount of money. The costs to do a proper (technical) RS upgrade including all parts (preferably a donor vehicle) and labour will cost more than buying a real Focus RS. You should think twice to spend such an amount of money to a standard poverty spec vehicle. After conversion the value of th car will be not nearly as much as the costs of the conversion.

Thank you so much for all the information. 

I came across these on eBay yesterday, would these be suitable please?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ST3-2005-2011-FRONT-8-POT-BRAKE-CALIPERS-AND-FLOATING-DISCS/303038846033

No, these are not compatible with the Focus MK2/MK2.5.

At least not without the development/fabrication of custom brackets to install the brake calipers to the mk2.5 RS front struts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JW1982 said:

No, these are not compatible with the Focus MK2/MK2.5.

At least not without the development/fabrication of custom brackets to install the brake calipers to the mk2.5 RS front struts.

Bugger! I thought I'd found some decent brakes then!

As regards wheels, these are listed as suitable for the RS. What size spacers would I have to buy?

https://alloywheels.com/product/view/42972/597/set-of-8.0x18"-bola-b10-gloss-black

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club