Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Focus ST-Line X SYNC 3 volume issue

Quigzz

2 hours ago, S-Sav89 said:

Really kind of glad to see others are having this issue.

I have a 69plate mk4 Active X, last Thursday I noticed I couldn't hear phone calls when connected via bluetooth and at first thought it was an issue with bluetooth. Then realised my parking sensors and other notification beeps sounded weird. Took me a few hours of driving to work out the frotn speakers weren't on and when I fade to the front, I do get some sound but it's extremely faint at max volume. Haven't approached my dealer yet but will be soon as I'm also having an issue with my steering.

Not really very impressed by the car at the moment coming from a  2.0 diesel Golf to the 1.0 ecotec, but I'm hoping it gets sorted as there are things I do like about the car and I'm stuck with it for a few years anyway.

Does pressing the emergency SOS button fix it temporarily or have I misunderstood? 

If you look thru the topics there’s a thread titled ‘Emergency Call System Malfunction.’ it’s on page 2 for me , not sure if everyone sees the same order of topics. 

• 1 month later...

On 12/6/2019 at 6:51 PM, Woodburner said:

Spoke too soon. It hasn't fixed it at all. Front speakers not working again today! Really poor show from Ford. Driving yesterday I couldn't hear the sat nav audio and I couldn't make phone calls via my Bluetooth paired phone as those features only use the front speakers. Starting to become annoying now. Anyone else go the same issues?

I have the same issue on my focus st line 1,5 150cv. I'm  disappointed from Ford.Is there any news?do you solve the problem in some way?

On 10/3/2019 at 7:21 PM, Wino said:

No issues with the volume but could somebody point me in the right direction to set the speakers more volume from the rear.  Have looked in settings and can only find options of front speakers or All.

Old thread so maybe updates have changed things..my options are 1. Driver 2. All 3. Front. But the ‘front’ button is unresponsive. I spoke to somebody on here that didn’t even have front listed as an option. I realise this can all be done with balance and fade but I like it set up how the sound engineers intended. My usual passenger says no noticeable difference between being set for driver or all..

what options is sync giving you now? 

On 2/15/2020 at 4:52 PM, Alex.S said:

Old thread so maybe updates have changed things..my options are 1. Driver 2. All 3. Front. But the ‘front’ button is unresponsive. I spoke to somebody on here that didn’t even have front listed as an option. I realise this can all be done with balance and fade but I like it set up how the sound engineers intended. My usual passenger says no noticeable difference between being set for driver or all..

what options is sync giving you now? 

Still the same options I presume. Not noticed any updates. Will ask the Wife to check next time it gets used if she can find the settings.

• 11 months later...

I've encountered this issue with my Ford Focus ST Line X 1.5 Diesel 2018. I've updated my sync 3 to the latest software and the audio is still fading to the rear Speakers when the volume hits around 24. Was there ever a fix for this issue? Its so annoying 

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have a Ford Focus Titanium and I have the same problem. When I get to about volume 20, its as if something thinks that the volume to the front Speakers is too high, and fades to sound more to the rear Speakers. It only does it at certain loud parts of a song, and then slowly goes back to normal. I have noticed that if you change the DSP to driver, it tends to do it less, but still does it. The only way to totally get it to not do it, is to turn the majority of the fade to the front Speakers, but this kind of defeats the point of having 4 speakers in the car. The other thing I have  noticed is that it only does it with USB content, not with the radio. 

I have the latest Sync 3.4. This is the first time I have experienced this in a car. Its like some form of sound leveling, to maybe protect the front speakers, but then if that was the case, why does it let me crank the radio (AM, FM, DAB) all the way?

Has anyone been able to fix this. Having same issue

Same issue here, if it anything to do with setting some of the warnings on, i.e. collision avoidance so the volume is lower in the front so the driver hears it? Just a thought, if so which ones do I need to turn off.

On 7/19/2022 at 6:02 PM, Sandavsin said:

Hi, I have a Ford Focus Titanium and I have the same problem. When I get to about volume 20, its as if something thinks that the volume to the front speakers is too high, and fades to sound more to the rear speakers. It only does it at certain loud parts of a song, and then slowly goes back to normal. I have noticed that if you change the DSP to driver, it tends to do it less, but still does it. The only way to totally get it to not do it, is to turn the majority of the fade to the front speakers, but this kind of defeats the point of having 4 speakers in the car. The other thing I have  noticed is that it only does it with USB content, not with the radio. 

I have the latest Sync 3.4. This is the first time I have experienced this in a car. Its like some form of sound leveling, to maybe protect the front speakers, but then if that was the case, why does it let me crank the radio (AM, FM, DAB) all the way?

I thought the same about the USB as a source but I tested it today on the radio and its the same!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 6:51 PM, RevGolightly said:

I thought the same about the USB as a source but I tested it today on the radio and its the same!

Actually, your right... it does it on the radio too. 

Looking at the previous posts, it has got me wondering if it's so you can hear some the emergency warnings. Thus may try turning the 'collision alert' thing off and see if that makes a difference. 

On 8/15/2022 at 12:49 AM, Sandavsin said:

I don't have any My Keys set on mine to reset so its still the same

Tried to the collision alert of cause mine kept being over sensitive, can only lower the sensitivity but not turn of. Not tried the my key thing. Car currently back at the garage i baught it from, they have checked their other focus's and same issue there and there scratching their heads. Will call and give them info on the my key stuff and see if that solves it. 

Setting the mk4 collision avoidance sensitivity to low should do the trick. Was an issue from when the car was launched. I don’t think it’s anything to do with mykey as I’ve never used mykey and don’t have this issue. 
could it be to do with the adaptive volume option ? Or B&O? I just have the standard sound system, might be getting old but I’m never at volume 20 ! 

Car back from garage, they say it must be a standard feature as they have 3 others for sale they tested and all doing the same. Cant even go above 17 on mine. I can only presume its a speaker protection inbuilt tech and maybe a speaker upgrade is needed. Just find it strange there arent more threads about this. 

Guys.... 100% know what the problem is. The audio system also needs a software update. This does not happen with the sync software update. The audio system (module), just like most electronics will require updates, as problems are discovered overtime that need fixing. Customer do not have access to this update, its only something the technicians have, and they will only update these things if there is an actual problem that needs resolving. During warranty, they will do it for free, as long as there is a said problem. Out of warranty, you will likely have to pay for a diagnostic, and for them to do identify that something is wrong, and then try the software update for the audio system. Thats what I did, and now 100% working perfectly. Sounds great....

I had mine done at Trust Ford; the technician (Richard) was a total gentleman, and down to earth.

Its got nothing to do with MYKEY or any collision alert setup..., its 100% this audio module that needs the software update! 

I think that this is more an issue for the early Focus, (which mine is) as I would assume, all the current models will be rolling out with the latest firmware's. 

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Hello All.

I DID have this issue and have fixed the problem myself. 

So above volume 17 the Speakers would go from the front to the back which really annoyed me. I downloaded the update from the Ford website, that didn't fix the issue. I went onto my FORSCAN and changed the speaker setup from 6 (standard) to all. Guess what?!?!?! Issue is now fixed. I can turn my volume all the way to 30 with all the blackmetal and metalcore blaring from my car. I will be losing my hearing before the end of the year.

I live in Newcastle Upon Tyne so if anyone has the same issue in the area I will be more than happy to see if this works for you!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/27/2022 at 7:50 PM, dbaxter1717 said:

Hello All.

So above volume 17 the speakers would go from the front to the back which really annoyed me. I downloaded the update from the Ford website, that didn't fix the issue. I went onto my FORSCAN and changed the speaker setup from 6 (standard) to all. Guess what?!?!?! Issue is now fixed. I can turn my volume all the way to 30 with all the blackmetal and metalcore blaring from my car. I will be losing my hearing before the end of the year.

I live in Newcastle Upon Tyne so if anyone has the same issue in the area I will be more than happy to see if this works for you!

I’ve been told there only numbers ie the amount of Speakers any chance of a video I’m a newb when it comes to this wish I could just go ford and say change this setting 

On 10/27/2022 at 7:50 PM, dbaxter1717 said:

Hello All.

So above volume 17 the speakers would go from the front to the back which really annoyed me. I downloaded the update from the Ford website, that didn't fix the issue. I went onto my FORSCAN and changed the speaker setup from 6 (standard) to all. Guess what?!?!?! Issue is now fixed. I can turn my volume all the way to 30 with all the blackmetal and metalcore blaring from my car. I will be losing my hearing before the end of the year.

I can only see any & not all on the ACM module see pic

D1C26994-F33E-402B-BB55-20810009E805.png

On 10/30/2022 at 6:06 AM, Martyn Ellison said:

I can only see any & not all on the ACM module see pic

D1C26994-F33E-402B-BB55-20810009E805.png

Ill check mine later on Forscan and see what I have.

I set it as you show in the diagram above, four front speaker and 2 coaxial rear speaker and...........................................

Fixed the issue😊

• 9 months later...
On 6/12/2019 at 4:25 PM, Bensimm91 said:

Did u get this sorted mines the same after 20 the sound actually goes quite 

Did u ever sort this

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club