Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eurovision 2019 refugee!

StephenFord

OK guys the Mrs is now watching Eurovision, never missed it! I of course I've never watched it! LOL 🤣 Any other refugees here or just me??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

C'mon UK lol

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I am a refugee cant stand the Eurovision,🙁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Never heard it, I'm sure it will do as well as it always does LOL

Of course I'm not ;'watching' it, but some of the acts look remarkable easy on the eye. Am I allowed to say that? I'm quite old and not very PC LOL

This is very sad, I'm obviously on my own here on the forum on a Saturday night whilst all you young'uns are out partying the night away! Oh well, hope you're all having fun... 😛

• Haha 1

mmm... we came last, I blame Brexit! LOL Surprise worst performance was Madonna who sang decidedly off tune (flat), but I'm guessing she'll blame a system malfunction. Night folks, until next year... 😛

22 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... we came last, I blame Brexit! LOL Surprise worst performance was Madonna who sang decidedly off tune (flat), but I'm guessing she'll blame a system malfunction. Night folks, until next year... 😛

Saw a survey the other day that suggested leaving Eurovision was a lot more popular than Brexit - after tonight probably even more so!😀

• Like 1

I reckon the voting could take place just as accurately without the actual songs being performed! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I reckon the voting could take place just as accurately without the actual songs being performed! 🤣

Yeah, don't think even the Bucks Fizz skirt trick would have got us any votes this year! Still works for me, though......😀

• Haha 1

I haven't watched it since being stung by "Dana International" back in the 90's 😂 who knew she was a He until the day after alot of us said we definitely would 😅

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I haven't watched it since being stung by "Dana International" back in the 90's 😂 who knew she was a He until the day after alot of us said we definitely would 😅

At least Conchita had a beard to give you a clue!😀

• Haha 2

I used to watch it but prefer not to have a headache these days so don't bother. I remember a decent year though, 2005 when Helen Paparizou won with "number one" (not sure if it was her or the song that got my vote, probably a mix of both!) Those were good old days of eurovision lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Albert27 said:

I used to watch it but prefer not to have a headache these days so don't bother. I remember a decent year though, 2005 when Helen Paparizou won with "number one" (not sure if it was her or the song that got my vote, probably a mix of both!) Those were good old days of eurovision lol

Let's be generous, and say it was the song LOL

Helen...

Helena-Paparizou-Feet-1462825.thumb.jpg.b2ab4d5427a19c9b5bb5efc7746fde51.jpg

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Let's be generous, and say it was the song LOL

Helen...

Helena-Paparizou-Feet-1462825.thumb.jpg.b2ab4d5427a19c9b5bb5efc7746fde51.jpg

Before you completely judge my motives........there was some greek dancing in the song :whistling: 

At the risk of sounding like a Eurovision geek, there have been some very under rated songs.  Could never understand why Kati Wolf's "What about my dreams" didn't win in 2011 or Azerbaijan "Always on my mind" in 2009 although there is a common theme with some of these songs 😄 .  I stopped watching in 2012.......i think.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to see scooter doing the Eurovision; 

And I'm now thinking why did they never do it? 

They have over one hundred mad Eurovision style tunes like "oi" and "jumping all over the world" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd like to see Scooter doing the Eurovision; 
And I'm now thinking why did they never do it? 
They have over one hundred mad Eurovision style tunes like "oi" and "jumping all over the world" 
I think Oi may not quite pass the censors somehow (btw love that song).
Eurovision has always been more of a political thing rather than a music contest anyway, if other countries don't like you (no matter how good the song) then you have no chance.
So that's us stuffed for a very long time. [emoji37]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I think Oi may not quite pass the censors somehow (btw love that song).
Eurovision has always been more of a political thing rather than a music contest anyway, if other countries don't like you (no matter how good the song) then you have no chance.
So that's us stuffed for a very long time. emoji37.png

I'm aware this may be a sensitive question yet I'm interested to know; is this or was this the UK's last year of competing in the Eurovision?

Do you have to be part of the European union to compete?

• Like 1

I'm aware this may be a sensitive question yet I'm interested to know; is this or was this the UK's last year of competing in the Eurovision?
God I hope so [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Lenny said:

As Australia (not part of Europe or the EU last time I looked) was in it, apparently not!🤔

• Haha 2

We had friends round and score boards and a sweepstake. It's just a bit of fun, you have to just smile at it.

Being in Eurovision has nothing to do eith geography, it is countries that belong to the European Broadcasting Union.

• Like 1