Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ST MK2 boost issue? Turbo?

Chipmk2st

Hi im looking for some advise on my mk2 ST I’ve just spent a small fortune on getting it upto scratch but something else has just come up.. 

Ok so when I go to accelerate hard the Turbo Gauge usually sits at 3/4. But today it shot up into the red but it didn’t feel the boost it usually does. So gauge is max but power is low.. I have tried to search for answers and the main answer I could find was either a split pipe or Solenoid? Any ideas? 🙂

Could it be a problem with the turbo body itself?
A hairline crack or a blowing gasket could be the cause.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Thankyou I’m getting it in this week so I’ll put that idea forward 🙂

The boost solenoid is a common component to fail on the ST225. My wife’s ST had similar symptoms to what you’re reporting and it was owing to the boost solenoid. If you have a look on YouTube there are a few videos showing the kind of behaviour you might see, although for us it was intermittent and fairly erratic! I had a go at replacing it myself but it was far too fiddly for me.

My old st225 used to do something very similar. I found out the engine sound symposer had split on the rubber diaphragm. It gave me a reasonable boost leak. I ended up removing mine and blocking it off

Thankyou I love my ST and trying to keep it going 🙂

• Like 3