Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emergency Call System Malfunction.

PLB

The Information Display in my 4 month old Mk4 focus has just started showing the following information.

1589851986_ErrorMessage.thumb.JPG.329dd006a15e11cfe5e2d586e09147e4.JPGl

This error has also caused the following audio issues with my Sync 3.3

No Touchscreen Beeps

No Sync 3 Voice Request or Confirmation Prompts.

No Sat Nav turn Information Prompts or confirmation beeps.

No Phone Receive Audio or Text Read out Audio

I have carried out a Sync 3 factory reset but problems are still present.

I will arrange for my dealer to take a look ASAP, but has anyone else experienced this problem or have any ideas as to what it’s likely to be.

Not seen that before, I would try removing the fuse in the first instance, or disconnect the battery for 5 mins. The code is built into the APIM\BCM so it will reset itself fine.

To quote the IT crowd "Have you tried turning it off and on again"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Not seen that before, I would try removing the fuse in the first instance, or disconnect the battery for 5 mins. The code is built into the APIM\BCM so it will reset itself fine.

To quote the IT crowd "Have you tried turning it off and on again"

A master reset may work just as well

1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

A master reset may work just as well

Thanks, but if you mean a sync 3 master/factory reset I have tried that but it made no difference.

To honest I don't think it’s a Sync 3 problem but I may be wrong.

12 minutes ago, PLB said:

Thanks, but if you mean a sync 3 master/factory reset I have tried that but it made no difference.

To honest I don't think it’s a Sync 3 problem but I may be wrong.

What version of thecsoft ware are you on,? 3.3 is the latest i believe. Have a look here. https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

36 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

What version of thecsoft ware are you on,? 3.3 is the latest i believe. Have a look here. https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

I am on 3.3, Build 18351 which I believe is the latest.

Version 3.3 Build 19052 is available on the Sync update site as of this morning

• Thanks 1

OK, the latest.

My car has been parked on my drive for most of yesterday and overnight.

Just got into the car this morning and the error message is not showing and everything appears to be back to normal.👍

Looks like it must have somehow reset itself some time yesterday or overnight.

I wonder if there is a form self-checking/housekeeping that goes on in the background when the car is parked.

BTW, I have automatic updates disabled.

Strange.

1 hour ago, ianincheshire said:

Version 3.3 Build 19052 is available on the Sync update site as of this morning

Thanks for the information.

Yes, I have just checked and it looks like its available for me to.

I will check it out later.

I've been maintaining a list of confirmed bugs / recalls etc. in a Finnish Ford forum for the new Focus Mk4.

It's a known bug in car software. Have the module software upgraded at your dealership.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2019 at 11:42 AM, PLB said:

Thanks for the information.

Yes, I have just checked and it looks like its available for me to.

I will check it out later.

Did you get this issue sorted?

I'm having the same issue, I took it to Evan's halshaw a month ago. They claim the part is on back order but I'm guessing they dont actually know what it is.

I've had software updates which didn't fix it.

If it's just the message showing, it's probably the emergency call button internal failure, they are on back order quite often . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quigzz said:

I'm having the same issue, I took it to Evan's halshaw a month ago. They claim the part is on back order but I'm guessing they dont actually know what it is.

I have only had the problem show a couple of times since new but on each occasion it has mysteriously cleared itself overnight as explained in my previous post dated May 20th.

In your case is the message below showing every time you start your vehicle.

1589851986_ErrorMessage.thumb.JPG.329dd006a15e11cfe5e2d586e09147e4.JPG

Apart from the message above does the emergency call button permanently glow bright red.

(Normally it should initially glow bright red and then dim.)

Do you also get the following audio problems.

No Touchscreen Beeps

No Sync 3 Voice Request or Confirmation Prompts.

No Sat Nav turn Information Prompts or confirmation beeps.

No Phone Receive Audio or Text Read out audio.

If you get the error message and also get the above audio problems (as I did) I stand to be corrected but I doubt it would be the emergency call button.

What part have they on back order?

Also, please let us know how things go as I may be just lucky that the issue has temporary gone away for me but I would like to know if there is an official fix.

got mine booked in for thursday as I have had this error twice, only had my focus for 3 weeks. It goes but taking it in anyway to see if a reset or something will help. Did you get anywhere with yours?

I've also had the sync3 freeze on me to a point that I couldnt change anything unless using the steering wheel so I wonder if this is related?

Appreciate the post about its a known bug, will bring this up when I see them. If this is the case then I guess it will be sorted via a F/W update.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:47 AM, Freeze said:

I've been maintaining a list of confirmed bugs / recalls etc. in a Finnish Ford forum for the new Focus Mk4.

It's a known bug in car software. Have the module software upgraded at your dealership.

Freeze, do you happen to have a link or something to the error list. I will show them this thread when I go on Thursday. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 9:00 PM, Quigzz said:

I've just received my car back from Evans Halshaw, they had it for 3 days to fit the part which was on back order. I'm sure it was a telematics sensor.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 7:09 PM, Quigzz said:

I've just received my car back from Evans Halshaw, they had it for 3 days to fit the part which was on back order. I'm sure it was a telematics sensor.

Thanks for the update.

Fortunately, or may be luckily I haven’t had the problem with the 'Emergency Call System' error message showing for a while now.

I am taking my car in next week so my dealer can investigate my 'Keyless Entry' problem and the 'Auto Stop Start' not working but I am expecting them to say it’s down to the battery.

I may question them regarding the intermittent ‘Emergency Call System’ error message and if they are aware of a possible telematics sensor problem.👍

I had this problem on mine. I picked it up in April and within a month the call malfunction appeared. It disappeared overnight but then came back again a couple of weeks later and was permanent with all the faults mentioned in previous posts. At the same time there was fault with the drivers door mirror not always folding fully back when locking it.

I took it to Lookers and they told me it needed a new telematics unit. This took 2 months to come and they also recalibrated the door mirror.

Ive had no problems since (touch wood).

It looks like it could be a common fault.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 7:09 PM, Quigzz said:

i had this fault as mentioned in the first post a couple of weeks ago, it happened once and reset itself after 20 mins.  Owned car for 4 months.

3 days is a long time to have the car, did they have to strip the dashboard out or something? and did you get a courtesy car?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I've had exactly the same error today with all the same symptoms. Booked into local Ford deal (TC Harrison - Burton) for next Friday. I suspect a tripped sensor or fuse issue.

21 minutes ago, Wazza43 said:

I've had exactly the same error today with all the same symptoms. Booked into local Ford deal (TC Harrison - Burton) for next Friday. I suspect a tripped sensor or fuse issue.

It's cured itself! I had the problem this morning, started and stopped the car no effect on fault. Left the car at work for hours, drove back one hour, switched off the car a couple of time, no effect. Got home, posted this and then after 30mins on the front drive, I drove to the local chippy and no fault!

Could it be something wrong with this system today itself? Strangely enough I saw the same message as well. I pressed the ecall button and when it said calling emergency services in 15 secs, i pressed the button again to cancel the call. Turned the car off and left it for couple of hours. Drove again for around 25 mins and everything was fine. 

Just for anyone else having this issue, right after I’d booked in for a service I noticed that my FordPass app wasn’t locking or unlocking the doors so I looked in settings and noticed my onboard modem serial number was missing. 

Tried resetting all settings etc, nothing. Tried reseating fuse to reboot modem and seems to have worked. 

If you’ve got this emergency call error and your modem serial is missing, remove fuse panel cover in passenger footwell, fully remove fuse 11, give it a wipe and reinsert. Fixed my error (and the FordPass app) straight away. Might be worth a try!

Edited by jwharmsby
Added a line

On 9/26/2019 at 2:31 PM, jwharmsby said:

Just for anyone else having this issue, right after I’d booked in for a service I noticed that my FordPass app wasn’t locking or unlocking the doors so I looked in settings and noticed my onboard modem serial number was missing. 

Tried resetting all settings etc, nothing. Tried reseating fuse to reboot modem and seems to have worked. 

If you’ve got this emergency call error and your modem serial is missing, remove fuse panel cover in passenger footwell, fully remove fuse 11, give it a wipe and reinsert. Fixed my error (and the FordPass app) straight away. Might be worth a try!

Just got this message today but mainly noticed my front Speakers stopped working! Took your advice and Speakers back in action  plus no message. Just need to keep an eye on this and why it's happening in a 3month old car.

The error came back for me. Every day now I have to call emergency, cancel and I get my front Speakers back. I've just done a Sync 3 update still happens.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club