Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emergency Call System Malfunction.

PLB

22 hours ago, Alex.S said:

What’s the latest with the new battery? 

Still all good mate. Stop/start still working well all the time, sound system is fine. No warnings or other problems. Just enjoying the car now.

Definitely glad I followed my instincts and changed the battery, really didn't want to hand the car over to the dealers. Hopefully all will be well for now. If anything changes I'll post an update for sure.

• Thanks 2

I have a 2019 Focus ST-Line and am just experiencing the "Emergency call system malfunction service required" issue and my park sensors go in to a muted hi pitched tone

Looking at the thread it could be a software bug or a telematics box issue - is that correct?

Ive done 2000 miles

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 2:38 PM, Russell Lee said:

I have a 2019 Focus ST-Line and am just experiencing the "Emergency call system malfunction service required" issue and my park sensors go in to a muted hi pitched tone

Looking at the thread it could be a software bug or a telematics box issue - is that correct?

Ive done 2000 miles

That's the thing; no one is really sure. The most promising line of inquiry is the battery.

My car (Focus Titanium) went in for the 4th time last Friday. Having had one Sync update, and a Telematics (TCU) reset, the dealer then said there is currently no fix.

They checked my battery and said it was fine, but just because it holds a charge doesn't mean it wouldn't loadshed.

They believe another software update is coming in Q1 2020 (so could be as late as March) that is designed to cure it. I don't hold out much hope though, as a software update would not cure start/stop issues? 

The dealer himself said that if the update is late/doesn't work I'd have grounds to return the car as a faulty good.

The official advice was then to log a call with Ford directly to raise a case. I have done so, and Ford are in touch to see what can be done.

Anyone else who has been to their dealer should do the same, by the way. The number is 020 356 44444.

I don't trust myself to fit a better, uprated battery, but I am adamant that Ford should inspect this for all people having issues.

Will report back as I hear more from Ford.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

been back to the dealer today ( #4) and have been told no fix until January......... 

5 hours ago, Tool said:

been back to the dealer today ( #4) and have been told no fix until January......... 

Log it with Ford directly mate.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GermanWolf said:

Have you tried changing the battery to the one posted earlier in the thread? 

2 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Have you tried changing the battery to the one posted earlier in the thread? 

No mate, I don't know enough about it to do it. The dealer won't either just yet, I'm pushing Ford to. I'm loathed if I have to pay and fit a new battery myself.

Have you?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GermanWolf said:

No mate, I don't know enough about it to do it. The dealer won't either just yet, I'm pushing Ford to. I'm loathed if I have to pay and fit a new battery myself.

Have you?

Yeah I’m not sure about doing that yourself.  I don’t know if that would affect the warranty. I don’t have the ‘issue’...yet.

i would talk to your technician, personally I’d buy a battery if need be  , surely the technician knowing nothing else works , would fit it? 

had my car a week an now have this problem ,bought this to replace my bmw that kept throwing lights up ,turns out new builds are the same 😡

On 12/5/2019 at 9:54 PM, GermanWolf said:

logged with Ford now have a "case manager" for what its worth they just give the same message no fix until Jan 2020.  

Had to happen eventually.  Cars only 2 month old. Stop/start no longer works. 

Whilst driving it says”Engine on Normal Operation” 

traffic lights, junctions, traffic instead of cutting off it says “Engine on due to Vehicle Charging”

Seems to me the factory fitted battery’s are crap. 

I know most members on this thread have had more symptoms but do you think the Ford fix in January will sort that?

i’ll need to speak to my dealership about possibly changing the battery

Not happy. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Alex.S said:

Had to happen eventually.  Cars only 2 month old. Stop/start no longer works. 

Whilst driving it says”Engine on Normal Operation” 

traffic lights, junctions, traffic instead of cutting off it says “Engine on due to Vehicle Charging”

Seems to me the factory fitted battery’s are crap. 

I know most members on this thread have had more symptoms but do you think the Ford fix in January will sort that?

i’ll need to speak to my dealership about possibly changing the battery. 

Not happy. 

Have you actually had the fault in the OP? I wouldn't worry about stop/start, it always works less this time of year, moreso if you do shorter journeys

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Have you actually had the fault in the OP? I wouldn't worry about stop/start, it always works less this time of year, moreso if you do shorter journeys

I’m pretty much only short journeys. It’s been working perfectly till 2 days ago. What’s the OP? I’m getting these messages on the settings> information > AutoStartStop. 

5 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’m pretty much only short journeys. It’s been working perfectly till 2 days ago. What’s the OP? I’m getting these messages on the settings> information > AutoStartStop. 

Original Post, as in this thread is about emergency call system faults, are you having a problem with the emergency call system?

It sounds like your short journeys are just taking more out of the battery than it can recharge up to a suitable level for stop start to work, that's not a fault, perfectly normal. If you do some longer journeys, it will start working again. But that's not related to this thread, plenty of others about the stop start feature though. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Original Post, as in this thread is about emergency call system faults, are you having a problem with the emergency call system?

It sounds like your short journeys are just taking more out of the battery than it can recharge up to a suitable level for stop start to work, that's not a fault, perfectly normal. If you do some longer journeys, it will start working again. But that's not related to this thread, plenty of others about the stop start feature though. 🙂

It’s only startstop. I knew it had been mentioned on this thread. But yeah not the full emergency call fault. I’ll take it a run tomorrow, hopefully your right. 

So glad I found this.  My Focus has started with this exact same problem.  It was registered in March but I only bought it about a month ago.  Just started this week with the malfunction message and like others this cuts out my front Speakers.

Madness that Ford cannot fix this fault.

Focus MK4 owner from Belgium.

It started with the emergency call message & front Speakers not working. Somehow they fixed it, but I had to return 1 week later to replace the telematics module. Since then I have no more connectivity to Ford Pass & no Live Traffic. There's nothing the dealer can do. He is complaining about a complete lack of support from Ford.

OK, I've got sick having to press the SOS button every journey to get my front Speakers back.  I was going to try the Fuse 11 tip from earlier, but just wanted to confirm something.  I've got to the passenger fuse box but it seems to be a single fuse for 11 and 12 together.  Is that right? Or am I being dense?  Also, should I pull that with the engine on or off.  I'm so not technical.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a call from Ford case manager today. No further news. It's 2020 Q1 now so the update is due by March...

Still think it's battery related. Rear demister often doesn't work, start stop often doesn't despite a long run, and the front speakers/Bluetooth don't work at all now (until I press and cancel an emergency call).

Will wait and see.

On 12/17/2019 at 11:58 AM, Biddy said:

OK, I've got sick having to press the SOS button every journey to get my front speakers back.  I was going to try the Fuse 11 tip from earlier, but just wanted to confirm something.  I've got to the passenger fuse box but it seems to be a single fuse for 11 and 12 together.  Is that right? Or am I being dense?  Also, should I pull that with the engine on or off.  I'm so not technical.

Fuses should only ever be removed with the engine/ignition off.

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2020 at 4:48 PM, GermanWolf said:

Had a call from Ford case manager today. No further news. It's 2020 Q1 now so the update is due by March...

Still think it's battery related. Rear demister often doesn't work, start stop often doesn't despite a long run, and the front speakers/Bluetooth don't work at all now (until I press and cancel an emergency call).

Will wait and see.

Bad news but keep us all update mate, I'm sure there's plenty of people on here interested in the outcome. 👍

Had a two week break over Christmas with no driving of the focus........  on return Flat battery!!!!! ford Assist guy on the phone say that the battery will go flat over two weeks?  so my response was there must be a car park full of Fords at an airport every summer...... no response from the Ford Assist guy....... . AA Guy thinks something is draining the battery which could the problem with the E call issue we are all having.

• Like 3

The guy that posted (top of page 4) ‘recoded’ , posted end of November saying new battery had resolved the matter and he’d post on here if any change. 

ford Assist guy on the phone say that the battery will go flat over two weeks

That's rubbish!

I've left mine for 6 weeks and it was fine. You have a fault if the battery discharges in 2 weeks

• Like 2

On 1/8/2020 at 12:42 PM, Alex.S said:

The guy that posted (top of page 4) ‘recoded’ , posted end of November saying new battery had resolved the matter and he’d post on here if any change. 

Quick update for you guys... Unfortunately the fault reoccurred this Monday (13/01). I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and the fault has cleared for now. Unfortunately i'm getting an occasional Auto-Hold malfunction message. Strangely though the start/stop system has been working all the time. I have decided to disable start/stop every time I drive for now to reduce strain on the battery and allow sufficient recharging.