Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emergency Call System Malfunction.

PLB

Driving home last night - parking pilot malfunction, auto hold malfunction and emergency call system malfunction one after the other! The auto hold and parking pilot malfunction seem to have cleared themselves but the emergency call system malfunction message is still showing. So car is now booked in to TrustFord for a week on Monday.

Took the car in to the dealer yesterday for the day as arranged.  Just to add to the interest the Pre-collision Assist had gone off twice the day before for absolutely no reason!  They advise that they updated/reloaded  the system for the connectivity problems (Emergency Phone malfunction/no wifi/no FordPass/no traffic on satnav.), tested it and it still failed - so a replacement module now on order. As the parking sensor "weird noise" happened only once, I have to monitor it further.   The Pre-collision Assist system was checked and found ok, so camera alignment reset, and again I must monitor.   Interestingly, on the journey home from them today the Stop/Start system cut in four times, something it has not done for weeks; having read other posts about this, I had assumed that this had been due to insufficient charge in battery to make it work in wintertime (I love my heated seat!), but obviously something changed yesterday with that system.   So I still have the main problem for another whole month until they can fit me in for an auto loan car on a Friday (to avoid a double journey through the whole city at rush hour).  That will be the fourth trip to them with these problems, and I am not a happy bunny.............

23 hours ago, Exiled Imp said:

Took the car in to the dealer yesterday for the day as arranged.  Just to add to the interest the Pre-collision Assist had gone off twice the day before for absolutely no reason!  They advise that they updated/reloaded  the system for the connectivity problems (Emergency Phone malfunction/no wifi/no FordPass/no traffic on satnav.), tested it and it still failed - so a replacement module now on order. As the parking sensor "weird noise" happened only once, I have to monitor it further.   The Pre-collision Assist system was checked and found ok, so camera alignment reset, and again I must monitor.   Interestingly, on the journey home from them today the Stop/Start system cut in four times, something it has not done for weeks; having read other posts about this, I had assumed that this had been due to insufficient charge in battery to make it work in wintertime (I love my heated seat!), but obviously something changed yesterday with that system.   So I still have the main problem for another whole month until they can fit me in for an auto loan car on a Friday (to avoid a double journey through the whole city at rush hour).  That will be the fourth trip to them with these problems, and I am not a happy bunny.............

All sounds very familiar. It has taken a year to sort my car out for all these bugs. Had most of your issues. Your auto stop start will likely stop working within four days. It only works after they charge it at the dealer. I believe that this is common. If you search the forums there are lots of postings. My car was in for a total of ten days. The same annoying journey across rush hour Nottingham(in my case) twice a day. I feel for you! I have had no further errors since it was updated over two days in January 20. I am really hoping that only  leaves auto stop start to be sorted and I think this is a Ford issue.  Battery design problem. It can only be addressed by charging on a regular basis. And who wants to do that? Hope your car is sorted soon. 

On 2/8/2020 at 11:57 AM, Dark Andy said:

Driving home last night - parking pilot malfunction, auto hold malfunction and emergency call system malfunction one after the other! The auto hold and parking pilot malfunction seem to have cleared themselves but the emergency call system malfunction message is still showing. So car is now booked in to TrustFord for a week on Monday.

Keep persevering. It took nearly two days of updates in January 20 to sort my car. I’m so hoping finally!! Apart from auto start stop. (See message to ExiledImp) 

3 hours ago, Gilli said:

All sounds very familiar. It has taken a year to sort my car out for all these bugs. Had most of your issues. Your auto stop start will likely stop working within four days. It only works after they charge it at the dealer. I believe that this is common. If you search the forums there are lots of postings. My car was in for a total of ten days. The same annoying journey across rush hour Nottingham(in my case) twice a day. I feel for you! I have had no further errors since it was updated over two days in January 20. I am really hoping that only  leaves auto stop start to be sorted and I think this is a Ford issue.  Battery design problem. It can only be addressed by charging on a regular basis. And who wants to do that? Hope your car is sorted soon. 

It can only be addressed by charging on a regular basis. And who wants to do that?

Perhaps FORD have decided that we all need to get used to the idea of having to CHARGE every day after all only FIFTEEN years before ELECTRIC is the only choice.

CAN YOU ALL IMAGINE WHAT FAULTS AN ALL ELECTRIC FOCUS WILL HAVE :wallbash: :wallbash:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gilli said:

All sounds very familiar. It has taken a year to sort my car out for all these bugs. Had most of your issues. Your auto stop start will likely stop working within four days. It only works after they charge it at the dealer. I believe that this is common. If you search the forums there are lots of postings. My car was in for a total of ten days. The same annoying journey across rush hour Nottingham(in my case) twice a day. I feel for you! I have had no further errors since it was updated over two days in January 20. I am really hoping that only  leaves auto stop start to be sorted and I think this is a Ford issue.  Battery design problem. It can only be addressed by charging on a regular basis. And who wants to do that? Hope your car is sorted soon. 

Guess what?   The auto stop/start has stopped (if you see what I mean).  Ah well, it was only back for a couple of days, and I won't miss it - but its another thing that I paid for and simply doesn't work.   This will be our first and last Focus.

I’ve had these issues for a while now, initially I was pressing the emergency call button and immediately cancelling it which sorted the problems for a day, I then read about fuse 11 and tried that, I’m at the stage of doing this every week now until it’s in for a service, shouldn’t be long as I’m on 35k already.

ill update what my dealer in Bristol says, not holding out much hope tbh

My start/stop has just stopped working again, this is the first thing to stop working and all the others will creep in unless I pull fuse 11.

would be interested to know if those with just start/stop issues can clear it by reseating fuse 11

For what it’s worth at the moment mine is working as it should be, I’ve not done anything other than the sos button trick to get the Speakers working again but I’ve not not had to do that for a few weeks. Maybe mine being on the road a lot helps or there’s some other reason but I’m happy it’s behaving for now, will enjoy it while it lasts!

Hello everyone,

I had this problem popped up yesterday. Message on the screen and auto-hold disabled by itself. I called up my local dealer who stated that the Ford is aware of this problem and are working on software fix for it. He said that this is SYNC problem and not a car issue. I was told to turn off automatic updates on the SYNC and briefly pull out #11 fuse for few seconds. Problem hasn’t occurred since🤞 

On 2/8/2020 at 11:57 AM, Dark Andy said:

Car's in today. Apparently the "master tech" is looking at it - I'll let you know what the outcome is (my guess is lots of head scratching but no definitive fix).

4 hours ago, Dark Andy said:

Car's in today. Apparently the "master tech" is looking at it - I'll let you know what the outcome is (my guess is lots of head scratching but no definitive fix).

Well, I've got my car back and all seems OK. The guy on the service desk was quite sketchy as to exactly what had been done although he did say that a number of modules needed updates, without specifying which ones they were - so not exactly shining a light on the cause of these problems that I can share. Hopefully these updates (whatever they were) will do the trick, if not I'll be booking it in again (and again and again) until it is fixed.

On 2/17/2020 at 4:03 PM, Dark Andy said:

Well, I've got my car back and all seems OK. The guy on the service desk was quite sketchy as to exactly what had been done although he did say that a number of modules needed updates, without specifying which ones they were - so not exactly shining a light on the cause of these problems that I can share. Hopefully these updates (whatever they were) will do the trick, if not I'll be booking it in again (and again and again) until it is fixed.

Hi Andy

glad things are slowly getting sorted. I have found it helps to actually speak to the technicians. Let the service desk people know that in advance and speak to the people who actually work on the car. As I’ve said before, it has taken a year and a total of ten days to update all the modules on mine. The last visit was two days, there were so many to be done. I think it takes a lot of attention to do, as the car needs to be watched for messages that need action during the update. Also, sometimes they struggle for bandwidth if sourcing  from servers in the US. Better if they are on USB devices. So it takes a lot of time. Unless you raise a complaint and get to the front of the queue, they will not do everything at once. I think the dealers are struggling to rectify the bugs in so many cars. In the end, this is like having a load of computers to upgrade. And apparently the Mk 4 has 80 of them. However, on the plus side, we’ve just down the 700mile round trip Nottingham to Newquay with no error messages. No auto hold problems and no screen freezes. And the car did each way on less than half a tank. Average of 68mpg going down and 73mpg coming back, despite all the queuing on the M5 due to flooding on connected roads. 
so that was brilliant. If I can just get auto start stop sorted, everything would be fixed. 
😃

• Like 2

On 2/19/2020 at 8:22 AM, Gilli said:

Hi Andy

glad things are slowly getting sorted. I have found it helps to actually speak to the technicians. Let the service desk people know that in advance and speak to the people who actually work on the car. As I’ve said before, it has taken a year and a total of ten days to update all the modules on mine. The last visit was two days, there were so many to be done. I think it takes a lot of attention to do, as the car needs to be watched for messages that need action during the update. Also, sometimes they struggle for bandwidth if sourcing  from servers in the US. Better if they are on USB devices. So it takes a lot of time. Unless you raise a complaint and get to the front of the queue, they will not do everything at once. I think the dealers are struggling to rectify the bugs in so many cars. In the end, this is like having a load of computers to upgrade. And apparently the Mk 4 has 80 of them. However, on the plus side, we’ve just down the 700mile round trip Nottingham to Newquay with no error messages. No auto hold problems and no screen freezes. And the car did each way on less than half a tank. Average of 68mpg going down and 73mpg coming back, despite all the queuing on the M5 due to flooding on connected roads. 
so that was brilliant. If I can just get auto start stop sorted, everything would be fixed. 
😃

Guess what's come back only 4 days after it was supposed to be fixed 😞

20200221_092915.jpg

Well, after about a month of mine working perfectly, Emergency call system malfunction is also back for me.  The Fuse 11 trick is what worked for a month.  Now back to dodgy sound etc.  I even had it tell me it couldn't communicate with the camera this morning.  The joys of modern cars with too much technology that the manufacturers have no idea how to program, troubleshoot or fix.

On 1/30/2020 at 7:19 PM, Quigzz said:

Mine has been in 7 times for this fault, usually they keep my car for a week to complete updates and whatever else they do. On the last 3 occasions I've been given a Demo car free of charge.

I've rejected the car but Evans Halshaw wont except the rejection as they class it as a trivial fault.

I've had to get a solicitor involved and it looks like we are heading to the county court to resolve it.

I'll keep everyone updated when things progress either way!

I finally rejected the car under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

We agreed on a refund package & I handed the car back.

Had mine serviced today, was told they didn’t have time to look at the problem and that Ford were now aware of the issue and a software fix would be out by April, until then I was advised to keep pulling fuse 11 every time the issues started creeping in(currently weekly regardless of mileage).

i wish I could believe them but something tells me I have been spun a yarn

this is my first Ford since 2003 and I think I’m going back to Toyota after this one.

9 hours ago, Quigzz said:

Good on you, this will hit them where it hurts and hopefully force some action for those of us stuck with them

11 hours ago, Paxo said:

Good on you, this will hit them where it hurts and hopefully force some action for those of us stuck with them

I was very patient with this issue but a line had to be drawn somewhere, there is no guarantee the update will arrive in April 2020 and there's no guarantee it will work either.

Mine is back to its old tricks of the Speakers not working until you hit the sos button twice. Unusually the car didn’t get used Sunday, Monday morning I got the low power message. Maybe the cold has some to do with it, haven’t contacted the dealer yet but will see what they have to say. 

The car went in over the weekend for a couple of days, and I was told " the Telematics Module has been replaced, and everything works".  It does seem to, no messages about the Emergency Phone - so far! 

I had mentioned the start/stop situation when it went in, and was advised "don't worry, that's only there to meet legislation, and it won't work if the battery is not well charged".

I will keep you posted on any developments...........................

On 2/25/2020 at 1:06 PM, Quigzz said:

How long had you had the car? Mine has been fine now for well over a month. Ford have offered a voucher which would enable me to get the new motion sensor keys bought and programmed. But I have to stare that the issues have been fixed and I intend to stay in the car. It’s now 14 months old so I’m thinking I’m running out of time to give it back. And now it seems to be ok I don’t really feel I have grounds to return it. The updates took two days. But no error messages or freezes since then. 

On 3/4/2020 at 11:51 AM, Exiled Imp said:

The car went in over the weekend for a couple of days, and I was told " the Telematics Module has been replaced, and everything works".  It does seem to, no messages about the Emergency Phone - so far! 

I had mentioned the start/stop situation when it went in, and was advised "don't worry, that's only there to meet legislation, and it won't work if the battery is not well charged".

I will keep you posted on any developments...........................

Hope it keeps working. I have gone to Ford separately about the auto start stop as I am still not happy it only works intermittently. It isn’t a fault,  but a design issue. But does it meet legislation? I’m not sure it does if it works so rarely. 

Hi guys. New member.

I’m seeing this issue a lot with the front Speakers not working and parking sensors weird noise. 
Are the dealers doing anything to fix this with what sounds like a SW update or will we be able to update this ourselves with an OTA update. 

Mine goes in next week, I only registered here for the same reason and to provide some other feedback. Will let you all know how it goes. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club