Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emergency Call System Malfunction.

PLB

i got this today, well only really caused a problem today, was my wife who noticed at first that we were only getting sound through the rear Speakers so after messing with the settings realised there was nothing there, then we pulled out from a roundabout and the engine totally cut out, everything else in the car was working apart from the engine with the error msg on the dash, not great when you’re sitting in the middle of roundabout, with the wife and kids in the car with you

tried to start the engine but the button light was flashing, eventually it kicked in and we made the rest of the short drive home with no problems, will take it a run tomorrow and see if it happens again but guessing i’ll be making a phone call to the dealer to get it booked in

also noticed the battery light was on when this was happening

Ford have released the 2020 Q1 TCU update!

I had logged a case with the main Ford UK CRC team, who requested I book in so the dealer can run diagnostics and feed back to them. However, once there, the dealer noticed a TCU update was available (was only uploaded to the server last week) and so they did it for me.

Since then it's worked fine - Speakers, phone and start/stop. No issues.

I suggest those having problems now contact a proper Ford dealer and request a TCU update as I had.

Will report back if anything changes.

I've had this problem for about 6 months, with one visit to the dealer which didn't fix the issue. It's now intermittent, disappearing by itself for a week or two and then coming back.

Mine is due in fairly soon for its first 10,000 mile service, but I was wondering if the TCU update GermanWolf has had, would install automatically even without a visit to the dealer?

The TCU software update that fixes this issue isn’t out at the dealers yet and when it is, it should be downloaded automatically without having to go to the dealer. 

On 3/9/2020 at 3:27 PM, DramaticCheese said:

The TCU software update that fixes this issue isn’t out at the dealers yet and when it is, it should be downloaded automatically without having to go to the dealer. 

Wrong, it was released last Tuesday (3rd March) on the dealer's systems apparently. I had it applied on 5th March, no issues since.

8 hours ago, GermanWolf said:

Wrong, it was released last Tuesday (3rd March) on the dealer's systems apparently. I had it applied on 5th March, no issues since.

Hmmm.. don’t think I’m wrong. No updates are available yet for the front Speakers issue and dodgy parking sensors... 

possibly the current update fixes the cluster message and power drain issues if you had that, but that wasn’t released just last week. 

Okay fair enough. I had an update at the dealer's anyway and my phone/front Speakers are now fine, so...

Mines just come back from having its first service. I mentioned the malfunction to them when I dropped it off.  When I picked it up they said there was a TCU update which they have applied.

Too early to tell on the malfunction re-appearing but auto start/stop magically worked on the way home for the first time in months.

So one day later and auto start/stop didn't work again today. Emergency call system malfunction hasn't returned, yet.

So one day later and auto start/stop didn't work again today. Emergency call system malfunction hasn't returned, yet.

And...no error message today but my front Speakers are cutting out unless I press the emergency button.

Oh well. It's the hope that kills you.

Other events are probably more important than this, but I thought I should let you know that since our car was at the dealer for a long weekend 28 Feb. - 3 March when they fitted a replacement  ?"telematics module" (presumably with the latest program as at that date loaded), it has behaved impeccably for the first time in two months - no more "Emergency Phone...."   messages, etc.; the satnav. and FordPass app also work as intended.  Magic!      The auto stop/start worked for just 24 hours, but I am sure that is another separate matter. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Exiled Imp said:

Other events are probably more important than this, but I thought I should let you know that since our car was at the dealer for a long weekend 28 Feb. - 3 March when they fitted a replacement  ?"telematics module" (presumably with the latest program as at that date loaded), it has behaved impeccably for the first time in two months - no more "Emergency Phone...."   messages, etc.; the satnav. and FordPass app also work as intended.  Magic!      The auto stop/start worked for just 24 hours, but I am sure that is another separate matter. 

Glad that’s sorted. Agree that auto stop start is a separate issue. I think it’s the design. Have given up pursuing it at the moment for obvious reasons.  

Interesting update - the car had been fine and running as expected, albeit with minimal usage to the current situation. Today though I noticed the rear Speakers and only the left side front Speakers worked, not the driver's side. An emergency button press fixed the issue... So it's half fixed? Gone from no front Speakers to half of them...

Will see if it persists.

Update - left my car on the drive and tried the Speakers again, now neither of the front ones work. Going to get back onto my case manager at Ford CRC. Once the current pandemic is over, I may consider my options with returning the car. Since October 2019 it's been 6 visits to the garage, 2 software updates, multiple calls and no lasting fix. Time to do something else.

Hi all.  Hope you're all safe and well.

Just to add my twopenneth-worth - my MY2020 ST-Line X developed this fault over the weekend.  "Emergency Call System Failure" and the light on the call button is now illuminated red.  I didn't notice any issues with the Speakers but I notice that the car has stopped checking into the app - it thinks that it's 5 miles away and has an empty tank, neither of which are true (I hope lol!)

I'll take it in once the current situation has (hopefully) stabilised.  It's not like I'm using the car much at the moment anyway!

Reading the other posts here I suspect the telematics module has gone bad, but I'll update you all when I have an answer.

On 3/30/2020 at 8:29 AM, excession_ocp said:

Hi all.  Hope you're all safe and well.

Just to add my twopenneth-worth - my MY2020 ST-Line X developed this fault over the weekend.  "Emergency Call System Failure" and the light on the call button is now illuminated red.  I didn't notice any issues with the speakers but I notice that the car has stopped checking into the app - it thinks that it's 5 miles away and has an empty tank, neither of which are true (I hope lol!)

I'll take it in once the current situation has (hopefully) stabilised.  It's not like I'm using the car much at the moment anyway!

Reading the other posts here I suspect the telematics module has gone bad, but I'll update you all when I have an answer.

If the garage is closed, go straight to Ford CRC and raise a case. Ford need to know about all of these!

Thanks for the tip mate.  What is Ford CRC though?  I've not heard of that.

New over the air update released yesterday. Just make sure the ford pass connectivity is switched on. It will upload in the background. 

11 hours ago, excession_ocp said:

Thanks for the tip mate.  What is Ford CRC though?  I've not heard of that.

Ford Customer Relationship Centre - they're the go-between with the dealers. It's by no means perfect but logging it with Ford means they're hearing of more and more cases. I'd advise anyone with this issue just to log it. 

02035644444 is the number!

9 hours ago, iantt said:

New over the air update released yesterday. Just make sure the ford pass connectivity is switched on. It will upload in the background. 

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, GermanWolf said:

Thanks!

I personally wouldnt expect it to be available straight away , so it may down load in a week's time regardless of what ford say. 

13 minutes ago, iantt said:

I personally wouldnt expect it to be available straight away , so it may down load in a week's time regardless of what ford say. 

Is there an easy way to check if it has downloaded?

Not that I'm aware of. You should find out if the front Speakers work as the should. 

51 minutes ago, iantt said:

Not that I'm aware of. You should find out if the front speakers work as the should. 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

No worries. I went and scanned for updates and my car can't find it yet. It's available on the Ford website though to USB update. I'll give it a week. Cheers

I thought we didn't get OTA updates in the UK? 

I'm not sure where you are checking on the Ford Website. The only place I know is the Sync 3 updates and there's nothing new for me there. 

Where are you looking?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club