Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emergency Call System Malfunction.

PLB

1 hour ago, Comares2001 said:

As stated elsewhere 3.4 is intended for MY2020 vehicles.

What 3.3 build number do you have now.19052 should be the latest available from Ford.

19052 is what I’ve had for months. I heard about 3.4 being out there and that it fixes many problems. But apart from a hobbyist website, I see no proof of it. 
Seems to me that this car is a dud. I have a provisionally booked date at the dealer for 11 May but that’s assuming they will be allowed to open. I’m thinking of phoning Ford CRC and telling them to take car back. 

1 hour ago, Zimboni said:

19052 is what I’ve had for months. I heard about 3.4 being out there and that it fixes many problems. But apart from a hobbyist website, I see no proof of it. 
Seems to me that this car is a dud. I have a provisionally booked date at the dealer for 11 May but that’s assuming they will be allowed to open. I’m thinking of phoning Ford CRC and telling them to take car back. 

Definitely phone Ford CRC, they need to know about it. Not enough of these cases are being reported to Ford, it's just staying with dealers. Another user on this thread successfully returned their car.

Hi Car mates,

I have a brand new ST line, after 1,5 weeks I have seen the emergency call system malfunction message on board computer. Is there any news about the promised SW upgrade from Ford?

BTW I'm from Hungary, hope I can stay in this group since I'm also affected...:(

On 5/7/2020 at 4:38 PM, Pungi said:

Hi Car mates,

I have a brand new ST line, after 1,5 weeks I have seen the emergency call system malfunction message on board computer. Is there any news about the promised SW upgrade from Ford?

BTW I'm from Hungary, hope I can stay in this group since I'm also affected...:(

Update: I got the 3.4. Everything is fine. 

5 hours ago, Pungi said:

Update: I got the 3.4. Everything is fine. 

How did you get the update? I saw your message and checked for updates in my car, but it still shows latest as 3.3. 

I’ve logged my car problems with Ford CRC. They just told me to visit my dealer - when it’s open next (who knows then that is).

Spoke to Ford dealership. They keep postponing my service, apparently my issue is not important enough.

The guy I spoke to reckons 3.4 is not designed for Mk4 Focus. According to him, a new build of 3.3 was due to be released in April, but it was delayed due to Covid-19. He is confident the new build will be out within the next 2 weeks and it is supposed to fix the sensor sounds, emergency failure, sync problem etc. I hope so. They’ve put me off until early June. If it’s not fixed by then or if they fob me off further, I’m going to push CRC to return the car. But I’d rather not have to go down that route.  

I’ve seen pictures of sync4 . If you think mk4 sync3 tablet stuck on top of dash looks bad .....

my mk4 was registered in October 2019 sync 3.3. I fully expected to be able to upgrade (3.4) When it’s available. And not from a Russian website. 

10 minutes ago, Zimboni said:

a new build of 3.3 was due to be released

3.3.1 ?

54 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

3.3.1 ?

No, it’s still 3.3. The build version is what is supposed to be released soon (under the version number in About SYNC screen). Mine says Build 19052_PRODUCT. That number is supposed to increment when the update is released.

Without checking I’m pretty sure mines 19052 too.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve not had any issues since the latest update, over a month now......Ford may have finally sorted it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paxo said:

I’ve not had any issues since the latest update, over a month now......Ford may have finally sorted it.

Good to hear! What version are you on? Still no new update for me via SYNC in-car or the Ford website. Still 3.3, Build 19052. Problems still exist. 

That’s strange, that’s what I’m on and they have all vanished for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 5/26/2020 at 11:51 PM, Paxo said:

That’s strange, that’s what I’m on and they have all vanished for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Same

13 hours ago, GermanWolf said:

Same

Clearly my modem must broken then. I’m taking it on Tuesday (unless they cancel on me yet again). 

Absolutely useless. Took the car to Ford on Tuesday. Explained the problems in detail. Explained what’s been discussed in the forums. They still have the car. All they will do is update the software on the telematics unit, but they can’t do that because Ford has a problem internally with getting the software. I’ve asked them to replace the unit but they tell me they can’t do that until they’ve deployed the latest software and checked everything else first. But of course they can’t deploy the software because of this issue internally with Ford. Argh! So I’ve got to wait till tomorrow - day 3 of the car sitting at the dealer. I’m betting they fob me off again tomorrow and then tell me on Friday something like “the software won’t be available for 2 weeks so come back with your car then”. I guess time will tell. If they do that, I’m going back to CRC and telling them to take the car back as it’s not fit for purpose and the dealer refuses to fix the problem. 

On 6/3/2020 at 6:37 PM, Zimboni said:

Absolutely useless. Took the car to Ford on Tuesday. Explained the problems in detail. Explained what’s been discussed in the forums. They still have the car. All they will do is update the software on the telematics unit, but they can’t do that because Ford has a problem internally with getting the software. I’ve asked them to replace the unit but they tell me they can’t do that until they’ve deployed the latest software and checked everything else first. But of course they can’t deploy the software because of this issue internally with Ford. Argh! So I’ve got to wait till tomorrow - day 3 of the car sitting at the dealer. I’m betting they fob me off again tomorrow and then tell me on Friday something like “the software won’t be available for 2 weeks so come back with your car then”. I guess time will tell. If they do that, I’m going back to CRC and telling them to take the car back as it’s not fit for purpose and the dealer refuses to fix the problem. 

You may as well tell the dealer that too. Someone else in this thread had success returning it.

Yesterday morning they called. As I predicted, they said they were unable to contact Ford servers still and would I mind bringing it back in 2 weeks. I told them I will be rejecting the car as unfit for purpose, because I’m convinced it’s a hardware fault but all they do is try to download software. They guaranteed me a courtesy car when I come back and went on about this is the process they must follow. I need the car so I said fine, I’ll collect it at 4pm but I’d be speaking to CRC in the morning. 

Got there and was told they’d miraculously been able to connect to Ford in the last 10 minutes. They resolved the sensor problem with a software update. But the Sync connectivity & emergency call function is still not working. However, they’d just identified the telematics unit was dead (I told them it had to be this at the start!) and ordered a replacement. It’s due to arrive on June 16. They’ll replace it and give me a courtesy car while it’s being done. 

Persistence and calmly but firmly threatening to take action seems to have paid off. 

Good luck, slowly but surely they seem to be getting somewhere, really bad that this was an issue in the first place, obviously rushed the new model out

On 11/22/2019 at 9:22 AM, GermanWolf said:

The Telematics reset removed the error message and issues with the parking sensors.

However, the front Speakers and phone still don't work when the car is started.

Pressing the emergency button and cancelling does bring them back, but this has to be done before every journey so of course isn't a long term solution.

And when I do that, the Start/Stop no longer works.

Interesting comments on the battery above, and the talk of a recall. It won't be long before this wider issue gets picked up by Ford.

Mine will go back in for the 4th time soon, I bet they have no idea what to say.

I have had similar problems on the last three cars, the first, 17 plate, would loose sensors audio and voice commands. The last two cars a 18 and 19 plate have both had the problem.

The latest car has had the problem since the lockdown so it does appear to be a battery issue. Also the handsfree door opening and locking only work from the divers door. It did do this several weeks ago and was ok after a long trip.

Every time I have a problem like this Ford say hmmm we had never had that before. Even if I take a picture they say well its not doing it now. 

I did have a lot of problems with the 18 plate with the electric windows front and back. When you closed them they would reopen. Eventually the reset the battery and they worked ok. The last car I got last November has only done this once. I have not had a chance to give the car a good run. Originally the fault would sort its self out when left overnight. But as I am only so the odd short trip now and then I will not know until I give the car a good run. 

The car is a Focus 1.5 TDI 120 Titanium

The system issues could be related to what device you're bonding with and do you have the latest Sync updates for the car? I've not any issues with bonding my own phone (or my friends old iPhone) and it was used daily. The first thing I did when I got the car was update Sync and requested that the car had all the latest updates from the garage (though I've no idea if this was done). 

Most issues with ICE systems and not bonding have been down to the actual device being bonded some have low-power saving modes that Sync 2 doesn't seem to like and some newer phones just don't support the Sync 2 protocols (I'm looking at you Apple). Sync 3 seems to be better in this regard but not much experience with these systems yet. 

Finally today they replaced the telematics unit. And, just as I told them, all the problems are fixed. Wish they’d listened to me at the start! Still, I’m pleased to finally have a fully working car! Fingers crossed no more problems. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Zimboni said:

Finally today they replaced the telematics unit. And, just as I told them, all the problems are fixed. Wish they’d listened to me at the start! Still, I’m pleased to finally have a fully working car! Fingers crossed no more problems. 

Mine had the same issue for months until I finally lost my cool and sent a strongly worded email to the Dealer Principle. The Telematics was replaced and has been fine since (FINGERS CROSSED).

Oh dear. Haven’t posted for a while as all my issues were gone after two days of updates. But I went out yesterday and suddenly I have the  emergency call Malfunction, service required. Also the warning sensors have gone all tinny. 😱🤦‍♀️
The start stop issue is with Ford and we’ve agreed to put that on hold until I’m doing normal mileage again. I’m hardly using the car at all. 
But I’m really disappointed I’ve got this stupid error message again. 
Are there more updates required? 
Gillian 

4 hours ago, Gilli said:

Oh dear. Haven’t posted for a while as all my issues were gone after two days of updates. But I went out yesterday and suddenly I have the  emergency call Malfunction, service required. Also the warning sensors have gone all tinny. 😱🤦‍♀️
The start stop issue is with Ford and we’ve agreed to put that on hold until I’m doing normal mileage again. I’m hardly using the car at all. 
But I’m really disappointed I’ve got this stupid error message again. 
Are there more updates required? 
Gillian 

Check the about SYNC software page - is your “on-board modem serial number” listed with a serial number next to it, or is it blank? Mine was blank when the problems you mention above happened. Replacing the modem brought the serial back and fixed the problems. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club