Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grille shutters

Hi

hit a pheasant and smashed the upper grille. Local garage fitted a new one when doing the tyres and all seemed ok.

Recently noticed the fan running when I wouldn’t expect it to need to. Some googling suggested this is due to the electronics playing safe, if the shutters don’t work properly.  I dislodged a jammed shutter today and thought that’s nailed it but the fan still comes on after I see the shutters open and shut immediately after starting.

Question - do the cooking fans always come on or is it impacted by say the aircon settings too?

Also, after starting from cold I’m assuming the shutters close immediately to enable the engine to warm asap.  Does anyone have any details of what should happen and any specific tests I can perform.

Done want to pay the dealer £120/hr to tell me that the £200 plastic thing needs replacing!!

Thanks!

GW
What engine do you have?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, rbitton782 said:

GW
What engine do you have?

180 diesel manual

Interestingly I have tried starting it this eve when the heating/aircon was switched off and now the fan doesn’t come on after the shutters cycled closed>open>closed. There’s actually two fans but the lower one doesn't come on.

I put the heating/aircon back on and again the upper fan started.

Perhaps the problem is resolved since un-jamming one of the shutters.

GW

Hi
I have ecoboost 2.0, my and lot's of my friends disassemble the shutter plastics completely only left the electrical engine and everything is A OK.
If you are living in hot environment like me (Israel), it's highly recommended to remove them (we checked it with OBDII scanner) the results are much more better, the intercooler is much more efficient (cooler).
Another thing, if you have problem with the shutter you will have engine management light on, and it cut your engine power, it's something noticeable.

How can I disamblee the shutters?
Can you add a guide or something?
Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club