Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Galaxy 2007 1.8 TDCI whistle noise when accelerating

CumerCanitez

Hi, To everyone, I am very new for this sort forums and I am hoping Not to make something wrong while seeking some help, I cannot remember if I ever have been to this website but here I am seeking your Advice please, I will post the same topic to some other similar Forums around Internet I have come a cross while browsing last few days!!

I have included couple of videos, one of them is it has been recorded while Car was being driven on main road and other one is Car has been stationary while accelerating,

I have checked all Hoses around engine I can reach, removed and inspected for cracks,holes,splits etc. Nothing!! I assume it is something to do with Turbo, because when I get closer around Turbo whistle noise increase..

https://youtu.be/0QMzaJ-Mxyk

https://youtu.be/m6UIA4p5WV8

After watching videos I am hoping there will be someone who may point it out where I should check and do close inspection, I may likely have missed something or maybe it is a normal noise from Turbo, 

There always has been whistling noise but it has never been this high, so I assume something is wrong?.....

Hi,

Check for damage on any hoses, not just at the joints.

Ensure the air cleaner is clean, breathers clean and the air box lid is sealed.

Check for pin hole (stone chip) damage to the intercooler.

Failing that, it could be the bearings are wearing,

Also, the inlet manifold gasket could be leaking

Has the car been re-mapped? If so, you could be over boosting

• Like 1

Aha!!! hold on there!! Dave!! it seems you hit the nail on the head, so I give a short story of "inter-cooler", Months ago while i was trying to park the car, I hit a high kerb and plastic front of cooler has dislocated, I removed it and put into boot, very long time I have been driving around without front Cover, just couple weeks ago, I have done a service on the car changing filters and oils, I still had whistling noise then but did not try to repair it, what I noticed, driver side of "inter-cooler" hose and part of cooler was oily-greasy with dirt, I have washed it with hot water and cleaned it nicely....

But I have not thought anything of it till I have read your answer, as you mention in your reply, it could the reason...

I am writing this without checking on it yet, if it is the problem then you will be a God send to be Dear Dave, if it is even not the one, I still thank you very much for your time answering my question....I will report back once I do a check on it, thanks

• Like 1

Today first time I have gone further to remove every hoses connected to Turbocharger and intercooler, I have included pictures of what I have found out

Any suggestions,any advises, anything will be very nice of you, please come forward to tell whatever you may think it will help me, I will come back once I do more to solve this problem out

IMG_20190522_180849.jpg

IMG_20190522_183252.jpg

IMG_20190522_183308.jpg

IMG_20190522_183320.jpg

IMG_20190522_184333.jpg

IMG_20190522_184337.jpg

14 hours ago, CumerCanitez said:

Today first time I have gone further to remove every hoses connected to Turbocharger and intercooler, I have included pictures of what I have found out

Any suggestions,any advises, anything will be very nice of you, please come forward to tell whatever you may think it will help me, I will come back once I do more to solve this problem out

IMG_20190522_180849.jpg

IMG_20190522_183252.jpg

IMG_20190522_183308.jpg

IMG_20190522_183320.jpg

IMG_20190522_184333.jpg

IMG_20190522_184337.jpg

The 90 degree shaped hose is a known failure point on this engine (one of it's few weaknesses) most of us on here that have experienced the issue replaced it with a silicone part that will last longer than the car and only cost a few quid on eBay compared to the £40 Ford want for a rubber hose that will eventually go brittle again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club