Do Not Sell My Personal Information

B&O Play: does yours sound quite bad at high volume?

Gigabit

Really like my Fiesta and its audio system but I find the audio is quite poor at higher volumes (10 and above - I know that's very loud). It sounds very hollow and kind of sibilant. At lower volumes it's fine and sounds good. Also seems to change depending on how fast I'm driving.

This is using Spotify via CarPlay mostly.

Just wondering how others find theirs?

1 hour ago, Gigabit said:

Really like my Fiesta and its audio system but I find the audio is quite poor at higher volumes (10 and above - I know that's very loud). It sounds very hollow and kind of sibilant. At lower volumes it's fine and sounds good. Also seems to change depending on how fast I'm driving.

This is using Spotify via CarPlay mostly.

Just wondering how others find theirs?

I believe there is a setting that increases / alters the sound depending on speed.

I find how good the B&o system sounds is hugely dependant on the source being played.  The only consistently good result I've achieved is using lossless files (flac etc).  Very few tracks appear to drive the sub to any great extent.  Almost without exception the fade option needs to push the sound to the front otherwise the output is dulled and lacks clarity, which is disappointing for me personally.

I don't tend to play it loud very often as I already have a dodgy speaker in the driver side door so it's rare I hammer it.  On occasion when I have pushed it above ten, and I've stumbled upon a track that the sytem liked, it sounded really good.

My personal opinion is it's just not tuned / setup well for the car.

Thanks @tef89 - when you say you have a dodgy speaker, what do you mean? Just wondering if I might have done damage, playing it so loud. Having said that, when I bought the car I recall being told it had protections in place to stop the Speakers from blowing.

If it sounds bad, it's probably far too loud. 

Do people dance in the street as you go by? 

• Haha 1

Just now, craig26283 said:

If it sounds bad, it's probably far too loud. 

Do people dance in the street as you go by? 

I only play it loud when I'm out on the motorway or something, in villages and so on I turn it down to be respectful.

I did LOL though!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gigabit said:

Thanks @tef89 - when you say you have a dodgy speaker, what do you mean? Just wondering if I might have done damage, playing it so loud. Having said that, when I bought the car I recall being told it had protections in place to stop the speakers from blowing.

The door speaker rattles.  I think I remember a thread on here with a few people with a similar issue. I'll get them to look at it next time it's serviced in September. 

I turned off adaptive volume which helps. It's supposed to adjust the volume with road speed but it seems to screw with the EQ too.

I also have treble right down, mines about 3 positions from the left.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I turned off adaptive volume which helps. It's supposed to adjust the volume with road speed but it seems to screw with the EQ too.

I also have treble right down, mines about 3 positions from the left.

Similarly a what wifi report on B&O Ford audio said for best performance turn off adaptive volume  back off the treble and lift the bass slightly . I found these settings best on my Focus 4.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club