Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need advice for new Exhaust System for 1.0 Eco ZETEC S

BEgraphics

Hello guys.

Just need some help regarding information because im finally modding my car ( 1.0 Ecoboost ZETEC S ) 

Im looking to replace my stock exhaust system for a Cat-back Non-resonated Cobra Sport exhaust. Link: http://cobrasport.com/index.php/cobra-sport-exhaust/ford/fiesta/mk7-1-litre-ecoboost-zetec-s/non-resonated-cat-back-exhaust.html

Questions:

Insurance wise what does a modification like this come under? "After-Market Exhaust System Approved for road use" or "Exhaust system changes"? when adding to quote.

Will this pass an MOT & will it cause any engine lights to come on even if im keeping the Cat in?

Cheers :)

Bump. Someone help please :)

Not much help but .......?

I've just bought a zetec s with a power flow exhaust. I didn't want it, but it's stainless steel and new so it stays for now. The only thing it does is attract unwanted attention. Not just from plod but all the 'scumbags'. It's bareable at low rpm but on the motorway you'll be pulling your hair out with the droning that practically stops any normal conversation. My old Caterham was quieter at 70mph with the top down!

It's an age thing, I'm in my 50s whereas my 20yr old daughter loves it.

Put it as 'exhaust system changes' on insurance...they can't argue it then.  They could ask you to prove it's approved for road use otherwise, which it probably isn't lol.

Technically any exhaust louder than standard can fail MOT, it's down to testers discretion really, most will just advise it.

Shouldn't be any engine lights as long as cat and lambdas are still present.

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Unless it's mapped out 😉

14 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Put it as 'exhaust system changes' on insurance...they can't argue it then.  They could ask you to prove it's approved for road use otherwise, which it probably isn't lol.

Technically any exhaust louder than standard can fail MOT, it's down to testers discretion really, most will just advise it.

Thanks for the information really helpful. I contacted Cobra Sport and they said it will pass an MOT. So fingers crossed :)

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

Unless it's mapped out 😉

I contacted the manufacturer and they said it wont throw any engine lights. but you never know. Hope for the best :laughing:

15 hours ago, wild_one said:

Not much help but .......?

I've just bought a zetec s with a power flow exhaust. I didn't want it, but it's stainless steel and new so it stays for now. The only thing it does is attract unwanted attention. Not just from plod but all the 'scumbags'. It's bareable at low rpm but on the motorway you'll be pulling your hair out with the droning that practically stops any normal conversation. My old Caterham was quieter at 70mph with the top down!

It's an age thing, I'm in my 50s whereas my 20yr old daughter loves it.

What model zetec s do you have 125 or 140? mines 125 and its got the looks just sounds tame. Need it to be more throaty. Im only 20 so i get a bit more excited about these things :laughing:

• Haha 1

Isn't there any other exhaust systems you've seen? Just asking as cobra exhausts are pricy. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BEgraphics said:

What model zetec s do you have 125 or 140? mines 125 and its got the looks just sounds tame. Need it to be more throaty. Im only 20 so i get a bit more excited about these things :laughing:

You'll get old one day, make the most of being 20!:smile: Oh and when I was 20 I'd have just taken the exhaust off and run 'open pipes':biggrin:

• Like 2

On 5/25/2019 at 12:12 PM, zain611 said:

Isn't there any other exhaust systems you've seen? Just asking as cobra exhausts are pricy. 

Not really just heard this was a good brand to go with. Any other suggestions? :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club