Do Not Sell My Personal Information

66 Plate Fiesta - Passenger Side Wing Mirror

EwanFordOwner

Hello,

For context, I have a 66 plate Ford Fiesta Zetec Navigation, 1.25Litre petrol, in Magnetic Grey colour.

I've unfortunately had the entire of my passenger side wing mirror smashed off while the car was parked. 

After a bit of trawling, I thought this wing mirror would do the job - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Heated-Door-Wing-Mirror-Indicator-Left-For-Ford-Fiesta-Mk7-Mk8-08-17/382904330463?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 - but when I got it fitted by my local garage, they said there was a gap of 10mm around the unit that wouldn't be safe to use going forward.

Most of the replacement mirrors online look similar to this one, so is there something I'm missing or is there another mirror unit I should be buying? 

Worth just going to a Ford dealer and paying what I'd imagine will be something over £100?

Anyone able to offer any help/advice? Will happily provide any images to help.

Cheers

Before you read my small rant, just check to see if the mirrors are different on the pre-facelift and Facelift. Anyway...

Why would that not be safe? Sure it might look crap but as long as its bolted on the gap makes no difference to the safety. It really annoys me how some garages deem anything thats not perfect as "unsafe to drive".

Sadly that's what you get with patten parts though. Theres no guarantee it will be a perfect fit and as good quality. After all, £30 for a heated mirror with indicator and wiring loom does seem a bit too good to be true.

Is it possible the door has been damaged where the mirror mounts, as in this other recent topic?

I hope there's some decent side impact protection behind the tin foil outer doorskin lol. :laugh:

Anyway, the mirror bases aren't different as far as I can tell, the only difference is the insides, whether it's powerfolding or has puddle lights for example.

Hello

My fiesta had to have a new passenger side door mirror, got it replaced by the main dealers (Pye Motors, Morecambe) cost just sort of £300 but mine is powerfolding and got the puddle light. Had to have it done at dealers as other persons insurance was paying for it.

Has your car got parking sensors because if it has it would have the powerfolding mirrors as part of the pack?

Have you looked at a place online called wing mirror man?

https://www.wingmirrorman.co.uk/wing-mirrors/ford-wing-mirror-units/ford-fiesta-wing-mirrors/ford-fiesta-2012-2017-wing-mirror-units

They might be able to offer what you need for a fraction of the price and they are genuine people, My grandad got a mirror off them and it arrived in a couple of days. Main dealers wanted over £200 but he got one for £30 brand new.

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club