Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK7 2010 cigarette lighter - no power

Timbo343

My cigarette lighter port has suddenly stopped working and i'm struggling to find out why.

Originally the fuse box looked like this (see below) and i'm not sure if there was ever a fuse in the location that the manual says.

spacer.png

I have put a fuse in to the location that the manual tells me to and it's not made a bit of difference:

spacer.png

I have even tested the square blue 20amp fuse that is located on the bottom of the board with a continuity test on a multi-meter and this even passes so i know this is ok.

I have the center console in pieces and managed to get the trim out that houses the cigarette ligher. i've run a voltage test against the 2 terminals on the wire and i'm not getting the 12Vs that should be there.

Is anyone able to give any advice on this please.

Here's what the manual says:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think i've found the issue. Even putting a continuity test across the blue 20amp fuse it gave a positive reading, looking at it closer, it seems that it has actually popped.

spacer.png

Will pop to the nearest car parts store to see if they have one

• Like 1

Bought a new fuse from the local car spares shop for £3. Fitted and the multi-meter now gives 13v to the cigarette lighter socket.

Just thought id update this incase someone else has the same issue.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club