Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofitting Global Close/ One-touch windows MK2.5.

Luke4efc

Been looking into having one-touch open/close on my mk2 ST, however all of the people discussing it on the forums all have 5 door Focus' which don't have the back windows as electric. My car is a 3 door (which has both windows as electric, with only the drivers side being one touch down.). I believe my car will have the door modules already fitted going on what was said in this post. As I already have the mirror indicators fitted from factory, and should have the alarm (well the alarm goes off when I open the bonnet or jack up the car when I forget to unlock the car first). Therefore I think I should be able to remove a lot of the work required, but what else do I need to do/buy before I go programming them in using Forscan?

On the Focus MK2.5 neither the mirors with indicators or the factory alarm require door modules. As far as I am aware the standard electric windows can not be combined with door modules. This would suggest that your car does not have door modules. You should start checking whether your car has door modules or not.

Either way comfort windows for a 3 door hatchback are extremely rare. This also affects the prices of parts. Especially the door wiring looms are driver side window switch assembly for 2 window comfort windows are very hard to find. This also seriously increases the price of these parts.

• Like 1

Aww damm you're right. Just removed the door cards and no modules installed. Seems like this job is more hassle than what it's worth.

It's something I always thought would be good, however now I have it I never use it. In fact only used it to show folk what it does.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

It's something I always thought would be good, however now I have it I never use it. In fact only used it to show folk what it does.

I always used to use it on my Fiesta. Handy as it would mean I didn't have to keep my finger on the button to put the window all the way up.

2 hours ago, gillyallan said:

My old Merc had it, and as you say, very cool feature to show car off, all 4 windows dropping at once, then all rising again, but never really used it!

• Like 2

One touch is really useful, I don't know why it's not standard yet, but I've never found a use for global myself.  It's especially annoying when the car decides to open all of the windows at night while it's raining... :unsure: 

Yeah the one touch bit is useful.
On global, possibly on having a load of passengers, you get out to discover someone left the window open. Guess it would save turning ignition back on.

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

One touch is really useful, I don't know why it's not standard yet, but I've never found a use for global myself.  It's especially annoying when the car decides to open all of the windows at night while it's raining... :unsure: 

Mercedes actually call the feature, 'Summer Opening', in that when you return to a hot car, it allows you to get a quick bit of circulation going having all the windows open at once. Of course, here in the UK, a totally useless feature LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Retrofitting the door modules can be done, however you will need:-

Door modules

Door wiring loom (Expensive)

Floor to door wiring loom (Expensive)

Window switches with one touch (Rare)

As a by-product you could possibly gain power fold mirrors.

On 5/26/2019 at 5:14 PM, StephenFord said:

Mercedes actually call the feature, 'Summer Opening', in that when you return to a hot car, it allows you to get a quick bit of circulation going having all the windows open at once. Of course, here in the UK, a totally useless feature LOL.

That's exactly what I use mine for because even if it's not "hot" technically (weather wise) if my car has been sat in the sun for a few hours i.e. whilst I'm at work it helps rid the car of the worst of the heat soak before I jump in it. 

• 4 years later...
On 6/4/2019 at 7:25 PM, KevG said:

Retrofitting the door modules can be done, however you will need:-

Door modules

Door wiring loom (Expensive)

Floor to door wiring loom (Expensive)

Window switches with one touch (Rare)

As a by-product you could possibly gain power fold mirrors.

Aren't the wiring loom and control module identical in the 4 door (with global closing) and in the 3 door hatchback? If yes it would make the whole thing cheaper. 

Do I need only one module for the drivers side door or do I need it for the passenger side door too? 

57 minutes ago, Balazs91 said:

Aren't the wiring loom and control module identical in the 4 door (with global closing) and in the 3 door hatchback? If yes it would make the whole thing cheaper. 

Do I need only one module for the drivers side door or do I need it for the passenger side door too? 

A four door "one-shot" harness would work, but it's too short to fit in a 3-door door, so may need extending, or just overlay the four door wires.

Four door door modules will work.

I wonder if you could adapt a four door 2one shot switch pack to become a two door switch pack, or fit MK8 Fiesta???

Would you not need to adapt a four door Titanium GEM also?

I already have the 2 door one touch switch but I think if you have one for a 4 door you can just remove the 2 switches for the rear doors. 

I hope I don't need to get a new GEM module... again. I already have one fitted instead of the original one because of the cruise control. 

do you know if I need a control module for the pax door also? Or only for the drivers side? I don't care about the global closing but I want the one touch up and down feature on both windows. 

Yes passenger door module and wiring and one-shot switch will be required also.

Copy the four door wiring diagram but omit the rear door circuits

The GEM will probably support one-shot and global open/close

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club