Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 2008 Zetec S Boot Badge

Katie-s

My fiesta zetec s’ badge has faded on the boot. The inner of the s is now a cream colour rather than red, if anyone else has had this happen how did you go about replacing it. Did you replace the whole badge or is there a way to just replace the inner red sticker on it??

I have a '57 plate Zetec S and it suffered from a similar faded "S" badge.

Luckily I had a Radiant Red touch up pencil, and I just carefully painted over the faded orange. any paint I got on the chrome  outline of the "S" I just wiped off.

I found it easier to open the hatch fully so that you are painting on a horizontal, then stand on a chair t reach it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same case as my zetec s. I was thinking of just replacing the whole badge to a new one. 

Tried finding a picture of it. 

_20190405_222521.JPG

_20190405_221906.JPG

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2019 at 5:26 PM, Katie-s said:

My fiesta zetec s’ badge has faded on the boot. The inner of the s is now a cream colour rather than red, if anyone else has had this happen how did you go about replacing it. Did you replace the whole badge or is there a way to just replace the inner red sticker on it??

On 5/25/2019 at 7:36 PM, Paulkp said:

I have a '57 plate Zetec S and it suffered from a similar faded "S" badge.

Luckily I had a Radiant Red touch up pencil, and I just carefully painted over the faded orange. any paint I got on the chrome  outline of the "S" I just wiped off.

I found it easier to open the hatch fully so that you are painting on a horizontal, then stand on a chair t reach it.

Hey guys I tried out the red marker method. Have to say I'm really happy with it. I used a white board pen so don't know how long it'll last. Up close there is some smugging but you don't see it from a distance. 

Before DSC_0179.thumb.JPG.325e3b995d096a24e6db3e7b05349e09.JPG

After

_20190528_124232.thumb.JPG.8c379c97c6d449de92bad0d59d017e18.JPG

_20190528_124149.thumb.JPG.9ed12b57ef8420900aa697b209c7fcd7.JPGDSC_0183.thumb.JPG.0467d3b8c956692b20bab34d8a68d687.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for all the help, went over mine last weekend with a paint pen, i’d say it looks pretty good

image1.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Katie-s said:

Thank you for all the help, went over mine last weekend with a paint pen, i’d say it looks pretty good

image1.jpeg

It's a nice free touch up 👍. I was surprised how nice it looked when I did mine. I used those red white board pens which I think wipe off however its still holding on mine after several weeks. 

Talking of badges it looks like DMB are listing  gel overlays again .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hard to justify getting one when it looks as good just drawing over it with a red pen. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club