Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedo,petrol And Temp Gauges Stopped Working

bax

Hi all,

My speedo,temperature and petrol gauges have stopped working also the mileage counter.I have a 03 reg lx and am wondering if these are covered by a fuse because ive looked in the manual and it doesnt give a specific fuse for this so does anyone know which fuse would govern these.

Cheers.

Hi all,

My speedo,temperature and petrol gauges have stopped working also the mileage counter.I have a 03 reg lx and am wondering if these are covered by a fuse because ive looked in the manual and it doesnt give a specific fuse for this so does anyone know which fuse would govern these.

Cheers.

unless im mistaken its on threar of the fusebox in the glove box you have to undo the screws holding it on and the fusde is located on the rear its not in the book because they like to charge you for it

Thanks for the reply mate.Theyve just started working again 2day for the first time in about a week, quite strange. hope its not a faulty instrument cluster ive been reading about on the rac forums because it seems like a common fault with 03 reg focuses.do you know exactly what fuse it is pal.

Thanks for the reply mate.Theyve just started working again 2day for the first time in about a week, quite strange. hope its not a faulty instrument cluster ive been reading about on the rac forums because it seems like a common fault with 03 reg focuses.do you know exactly what fuse it is pal.

on the rear of the fuse panel theres only one fuse this is the hidden one but the fact its just started working rules the fuse out and points to electrical it could be a cluster problem by the sounds of it having it checked out by ford is the best bet as it can cause weird starting issues etc on the main page theres a link to the dash trick do this and see what faults are in it and post the cdes up the answer may be in there before the clocks go off again.basically get in the car put the key in the ignition but dont switch on yet press the trip reset button in and hold it with it held in start the car and the gauge will say test now let go of the trip reset button each time you press it the tests will change so youll get a gauge sweep and all the lights on the dash will light up press the button till you get dtc then any numbers after this are codes if there are none it will say none write them down and post em here. once you switch the cra off the dash goes back to normal

that sounds like the instructment cluster is at fault

I have had quite a few of these and they need to be programmed through the PATS system so will need to got to fords

• 8 months later...

Hi guys,

I noticed that this post contains a similar problem to what i am experiencing and was wondering if you could help me out as my knowledge of mechanics isn't great...

I have a Ford Fiesta Flame 04 plate and Just recently (since the cold weather I'm assuming), nearly every time i start up the engine, the gauges on the dash (temperature and fuel) and the rev-counter freeze for a moment and then the gauges flash (as if they had been reset) the rev-counter kicks in and everything is back to normal. It was happening initially upon first ignition in the morning but it is now happening nearly every time i start the car?

artscot79...I did your gauge test and it flashed up none...but i carried on pressing the trip and it gave me code after code (e.g. P 00, P -16 and several others)

Any ideas?

Hi guys,

I noticed that this post contains a similar problem to what i am experiencing and was wondering if you could help me out as my knowledge of mechanics isn't great...

I have a Ford Fiesta Flame 04 plate and Just recently (since the cold weather I'm assuming), nearly every time i start up the engine, the gauges on the dash (temperature and fuel) and the rev-counter freeze for a moment and then the gauges flash (as if they had been reset) the rev-counter kicks in and everything is back to normal. It was happening initially upon first ignition in the morning but it is now happening nearly every time i start the car?

artscot79...I did your gauge test and it flashed up none...but i carried on pressing the trip and it gave me code after code (e.g. P 00, P -16 and several others)

Any ideas?

they arent codes so ignore them they are for the mechanics just information that they can use and not fault codes without a dtc diagnostics is the way to go it sounds like a cluster fault but could be a gearbox sensor fault vss vehicle speed sensor diagnosis is worth the 70 quid that way you get the right part first time instead of replacing numerious parts at a higher cost as always check under the carpet for damp or water i have seen on the fusion a windscreen leak right in the bottom corner which gets the back of the cluster wet check driver and pass side under the carpet and in the boot if no water diagnostics is the next step

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club