Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2018 window switches cracked

bradjmsn

Evening all, 

I have a 7 month old Ford Focus and have noticed that the window switch cluster on the driver's door is cracked on three of the four individual window switches. 

Has this happened to anyone elses focus and where do I stand with ford on getting it repaired? 

Thanks all 

Shouldn't be no issue getting it done under warranty.

• Like 2

Thanks alex, who in the dealership should I speak with? I.e parts or simply a manager

3 minutes ago, bradjmsn said:

Thanks alex, who in the dealership should I speak with? I.e parts or simply a manager

Should be able to get it booked in with the service dept.

Thanks will call tomorrow to book in 

will call tomorrow 

I doubt the service dept will be open tomorrow, it's a BH

Of course slipped my mind, tuesday will be just as good [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update to everyone that commented. I took my car in yesterday for a warranty assessment, with good news!

Ford Warranty will replace the switches and have ordered the part... so just awaiting call to book in the repair/replacement

Thanks to everyone for the assistance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Last year my girlfriend’s sister bought a 2019 Fiesta & immediately her buttons seemed to do the same. Flash forward to this past week & I bought a second hand 2019 focus. Same thing with the buttons. I have an appointment with a dealership on Wednesday to have it looked at but even on the phone it seemed like they were trying to wriggle out of a warranty repair. Gf’s sister had hers looked at today & yup, it’s ‘not covered under warranty’. 😕

29 minutes ago, SMK7 said:

Last year my girlfriend’s sister bought a 2019 Fiesta & immediately her buttons seemed to do the same. Flash forward to this past week & I bought a second hand 2019 focus. Same thing with the buttons. I have an appointment with a dealership on Wednesday to have it looked at but even on the phone it seemed like they were trying to wriggle out of a warranty repair. Gf’s sister had hers looked at today & yup, it’s ‘not covered under warranty’. 😕

You were lucky to get a garage open today in Northern Ireland LOL If you're able, I'd love to see a photo just out of curiosity of what 'cracked window switches' look like...

I'd fight for a free warranty repair as I've had mine done under warranty

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

You were lucky to get a garage open today in Northern Ireland LOL If you're able, I'd love to see a photo just out of curiosity of what 'cracked window switches' look like...

She lives in Scotland lol I’ve attached 2 pics, mine has hairline cracks & hers has full on plastic falling off.

77485DF4-6802-44C3-8D36-DC4E183E3945.jpeg

0AEC81C0-5875-4EE8-912F-97A890A9C8B9.jpeg

• Like 1

She lives in Scotland lol I’ve attached 2 pics, mine has hairline cracks & hers has full on plastic falling off.
77485DF4-6802-44C3-8D36-DC4E183E3945.thumb.jpeg.6c31cd7efb7ef8befd051fce84b0b3c8.jpeg
0AEC81C0-5875-4EE8-912F-97A890A9C8B9.thumb.jpeg.1497696df2a63f68920db3fa488baec2.jpeg
Mine was like the hairline cracks and was replaced under warranty

10 minutes ago, bradjmsn said:

I'd fight for a free warranty repair as I've had mine done under warranty

I saw that but fight how? Isn’t the word of the dealer gospel? 😕

I saw that but fight how? Isn’t the word of the dealer gospel? [emoji53]
Just explain the issue and say you know others have had it replaced under warranty, if that fails with your current dealership go to another one

6 minutes ago, bradjmsn said:

Just explain the issue and say you know others have had it replaced under warranty, if that fails with your current dealership go to another one

Unfortunately if my nearest dealer on Wednesday decides the same then the next available one is 30+ miles away. Is it possible to contact Ford directly to intervene?

I'm unsure but can't see any harm in contacting ford directly, I'm sure they'd rather rectify any issues than risk losing your custom in the future

37 minutes ago, SMK7 said:

If you have a smartphone, and after an initial discussion they blankly refuse, just say you're disappointed in there decision, as it's a known issue which other Ford dealers have dealt with under warranty - then show them this thread.

No need to get aggressive over it, most people respond with empathy and reason if they're treated the same...

• Like 1

Yea thanks mate, I was planning to if they refused

16 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

If you have a smartphone, and after an initial discussion they blankly refuse, just say you're disappointed in there decision, as it's a known issue which other Ford dealers have dealt with under warranty - then show them this thread.

No need to get aggressive over it, most people respond with empathy and reason if they're treated the same...

On 7/13/2020 at 10:14 AM, SMK7 said:

Contact Ford customer relations and complain, they'll sort it for you.

• 1 month later...

I live in Belgium and I bought a new Ford Focus last year (2019) in June and I had the same problem in april this year (2020) with the window switches on the drivers door. My Ford Dealer already told me that they will replace this under warranty but because of COVID-19 there is a delay. But then last week (August 2020) I noticed more cracks on other buttons like the steering wheel and the handbrake button. Also the switch on one of the backdoors is cracked in the corners. I have no idea what is causing this. This car is sitting outside 24/7 but so are all my other current cars and all other cars I've had the past 20 years and I never had an issue like this.

I have contacted the Ford Dealer again about 1 hour ago by email and I provided them these photographs.I will update this post when I hear back from them and hopefully this will help other owners.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• 9 months later...

Firstly thank you to all that have posted information about the cracked buttons, it has been very helpful to me. I have a Fiesta 2019 where all the window buttons on the doors have cracked and broken. I took it into Andover Ford and they assessed them and took photos on Monday then the Fiesta went in on Thursday and all buttons were replaced like for like under warranty hassle free and no stress. I just hope that the same thing doesn't reoccur as have never had this issue ever before.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KFC said:

... all buttons were replaced like for like under warranty hassle free and no stress. ...

Great result! By the way, lovin' your chicken 😁 Welcome to the forum...

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem on a 2018 Fiesta. I extended the warranty to 5 years when I bought the car new. Just as well I did, because the switches cracked just after the 3 year warranty ended. 😬

IMG_5269_small.jpg

• Like 1

Just had the whole drivers door window/ mirror switch assembly on my 2018 Focus Vignale replaced under warranty, no fuss or bother.  Dealer told me they have had quite a few cars in with identical problems.!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1