Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk2 2010 door ajar alarm.

Stewpot

Today the imformation lamp came on with the message drivers side rear door open. My haynes manuel says the switch is integral with the door lock and cannot be  bought seperately. So looks like an expensive fix with labour charges.  Any one know of a easy fix, looking at the wiring drawings, it appears  the switch just closes to earth when the door is open, so appears to be permanently closed. even when the door is closed. 

Hi Stewpot, welcome to the forum. Just to get an idea of what the issue is, does the door alarm message and sound pop up when the door is fully closed? So door is closed but alarm is saying its open?

If so have you tried spraying some wd40 or otherwise up inside the latch just incase the senor switch is sticking a little, It may be a simple fix.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2019 at 5:44 PM, sonic113 said:

Hi Stewpot, welcome to the forum. Just to get an idea of what the issue is, does the door alarm message and sound pop up when the door is fully closed? So door is closed but alarm is saying its open?

If so have you tried spraying some wd40 or otherwise up inside the latch just incase the senor switch is sticking a little, It may be a simple fix.

I did just that as part of my fault finding, Next day the fault had gone. Now only shows when the door is open..

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club