Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maximum USB Storage

Chiinkson

Hi,

Just purchased a Fiesta EcoBoost 1.0 litre ST Line (17 plate). Was wondering if anybody knew the maximum size USB stick that the audio system will read? I know about the formatting so I can reformat it to FAT32. Just wondering if theres a capacity limit also?

Thanks,

Jason.

I’m running a 128Gb. It gives me an annoying message regarding voice control and indexing twice every time I turn the car on, but it plays the music no problems 

Ah I've opted for the 64gb just to be safe but if the 128gb is working fine then no doubt this will aswell. Dont use voice control.anyway so that's not an issue for me. Thank you for the reply.

EXFAT is a better file format that sync systems accept more readily.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

FAT32 drives formatted from a windows PC can only be formatted to 32GB per Volume and with a maximum file size of 4GB (or 1 byte less than, to be precise)

I think larger drives would work ok but you would only be able to access 32Gb of them so would be wasting your money. But if the system in your car supports ExFat, use that for drives >32GB . I don't know what limitations the car systems have on maximum sizes though.

I use a 64Gb stick with my sync3 and also used it in my previous car with sync2 with no problems.
EXFAT works just fine for me.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. Everything working fine on 64gb.

Cheers,

Jason.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club