Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 Duratorq Tdci Remap - P2000 Code NOx Trap on Acceleration above 60mph

snake30108

Hi Chaps

Just joined as I'm facing an issue with my mondeo after a remap. It's a 2018 Mondeo ST line edition with the 180ps Duratorq engine and quickshift box.

Its a stage 1 map carried out by a local reputable guy, he's mobile and does it on the driveway. The car has only gained an extra 20bhp but with the torque limiters adjusted it drives so much better, gained a bit more mpg and has rid the annoying turbo lag issue completely which is mainly what I wanted it for. 

Issue is, which is a strange one, if I accelerate hard past 60mph, car suddenly looses all power, goes into limp home mode and reads a P2000 code. Cycling the ignition clears the fault and instantly runs normally again, but it now means I don't dare overtake anything above 60mph.

Accelerating from 0-60mph, no problem at all and it moves much faster after the remap. so why is a NOx Trap efficiency fault coming through when accelerating above 60mph?

The guy who did the map has gone away for a month, he said he will get in touch with me once he's back but he isn't sure why I'm having this problem, he said he may have to load the original map back into the ECU which I don't really want, I want to keep the new map if I can. 

Just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience? and if they managed to find a fix?

Cheers, Dan. 

Hi, not something I've heard of on the forum. If it's only doing it since the remap, then the guy needs to look into it. 

There's not many mk5 owners on here , but for additional help you may want to join the Mondeo mk5 group on Facebook. 

• 6 months later...

Just to update this, my guy returned and attempted to make some adjustments to the map but the P2000 code kept returning. In the end he loaded the standard map back into the ECU and its got rid of the fault and the engine is running normally again. It seems this engine isnt easy to remap. 

1 hour ago, snake30108 said:

Just to update this, my guy returned and attempted to make some adjustments to the map but the P2000 code kept returning. In the end he loaded the standard map back into the ECU and its got rid of the fault and the engine is running normally again. It seems this engine isnt easy to remap. 

Just go for a bluefin remap. Works well on my Mk5 tdci. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club