Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7.5 Auto lock

Jollyandy

Hi everyone, I’ve enabled auto locking by speed on the wife’s Mk 7.5, using Forscan. However when I go to activate it (Ign on - Lock button under radio 3 times etc...), the programming beep doesn’t sound.

Anyone else had this, or is there something I’m doing wrong?

When enabled via Forscan, the locks make a sound, but auto lock is still not enabled.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks in advance. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I enabled auto lock via forscan on my MK7.5 I did not have to do anything else...

When I drive over 10mph the doors lock automatically and can't be opened from the outside...

What do you mean the locks make sound but auto lock is not enabled?

When I enabled auto lock via forscan on my MK7.5 I did not have to do anything else...

When I drive over 10mph the doors lock automatically and can't be opened from the outside...

What do you mean the locks make sound but auto lock is not enabled?

Thanks for replying.

The locks made a sound as Forscan wrote to the BCM, however when I drove it, no auto locking. I tried it in both Engineering modes too, but that didn’t seem to make any difference.

Hello,

I just watched this video and it was as simple as changing one option and saving the config to the ECU!

• Like 1

Hello,

I just watched this video and it was as simple as changing one option and saving the config to the ECU!

Thanks, I’ll give it another go! [emoji1303]

it does work it activates at 15 mph. there is also a second option called retrigger functionality. where if you pull over and let somebody out it will relock again when you drive off 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 12:55 PM, Jollyandy said:

when I go to activate it (Ign on - Lock button under radio 3 times etc...), the programming beep doesn’t sound.

Anyone else had this, or is there something I’m doing wrong?

I tried this before, not sure if british fiesta's are allowed the autolock feature for some strange reason not sure.

• Like 1

Should have rephrased that a bit better above sorry, @Jollyandy

I, like you, also wanted the doors to autolock above 10/15mph whatever it locks at, just for convenience. It's part of my 'start up' routine when I get in the car anyway, (lock doors, turn bluetooth on in my phone, belt on, check mirrors and drive away). I automatically click the button to lock the doors anyway but always wanted them to autolock in case I forget one day, because that one day could be the day you get car jacked or something.

So, I also tried to get into the 'programming mode' to carry out the process but I did not once hear the beep to let me know I was in the mode, out of the 4 times I tried. clicked the lock button three times anyway just in case it was but drove away minutes later and the doors were not autolocking

It either comes down to : the programming mode is not available in the british fiestas,

autolock is not allowed in british fiestas (can't see this being feasible, as other cars and makes autolock above 10mph)

Should have rephrased that a bit better above sorry, [mention=33049]Jollyandy[/mention]
I, like you, also wanted the doors to autolock above 10/15mph whatever it locks at, just for convenience. It's part of my 'start up' routine when I get in the car anyway, (lock doors, turn bluetooth on in my phone, belt on, check mirrors and drive away). I automatically click the button to lock the doors anyway but always wanted them to autolock in case I forget one day, because that one day could be the day you get car jacked or something.
So, I also tried to get into the 'programming mode' to carry out the process but I did not once hear the beep to let me know I was in the mode, out of the 4 times I tried. clicked the lock button three times anyway just in case it was but drove away minutes later and the doors were not autolocking
It either comes down to : the programming mode is not available in the british fiestas,
                                        autolock is not allowed in british fiestas (can't see this being feasible, as other cars and makes autolock above 10mph)

You’re fine, I understood what you meant. The funny thing is though, My Mk 8 programmed no problem!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jollyandy said:

You’re fine, I understood what you meant. The funny thing is though, My Mk 8 programmed no problem!

Really weird isn't it. It doesn't bother me the doors not autolocking but it's just a feature I'd love my fiesta to have just incase the one day comes when I forget to do it

• Like 1

Why would owners want their doors to auto lock when the car reaches 15mph?

At a wild guess, no one is going to try and open them from the outside when the car is moving in excess of 15mph?

Surely they will open the doors from the outside when the car is stationary before 15mph is reached wouldn't they?

Would it not be more prudent if owners are worried about being dragged out of their Fiesta just to lock the doors when you get in?

If you forget to lock them then you could have already been dragged out of the car before you set off.

Seems like a bit of a useless feature to me, but that is just my opinion.

Why would owners want their doors to auto lock when the car reaches 15mph?
At a wild guess, no one is going to try and open them from the outside when the car is moving in excess of 15mph?
Surely they will open the doors from the outside when the car is stationary before 15mph is reached wouldn't they?
Would it not be more prudent if owners are worried about being dragged out of their Fiesta just to lock the doors when you get in?
If you forget to lock them then you could have already been dragged out of the car before you set off.
Seems like a bit of a useless feature to me, but that is just my opinion.

Guessing you don’t live in London (or big city).

All my other cars do this automatically so I don’t remember in the Fiesta.

I’ve seen people have their doors opened in traffic and suitcases taken, bags taken, phones taken, etc.

If someone is going to nick the car when I get into it they’re welcome to it. This is more to stop opportune theft and something I’m surprised isn’t selectable. I’ve got this on cars ten years older so was a bit disappointed I need to buy a cable and ***** around with coding.

No I live in Hull and apparently it is grim up North.

I am not questioning having the doors locked, I am questioning what good autolock is when the vehicle has to reach up to 15mph before they lock.

Surely someone can be in before you set off? Why not just lock the doors as soon as you are in if the concern is that great?

Again on a personal note, I think it is a pointless option and for some reason it isn't automatically activated on a Ford it seems.

Each to their own and if it makes some happy and secure, so be it.

• Like 1

It's not activated as standard because the doors may not unlock if you crash, and your family could sue Ford if the emergency services can't get in.

Personally I like it, it's something I have activated on all my cars.  I drive through some questionable areas in stop start traffic but don't park in an any so don't see any issue with it only activating above 10mph or so.

Personal preference again.

Some see the point, some don't.

I don't.

No I live in Hull and apparently it is grim up North.
I am not questioning having the doors locked, I am questioning what good autolock is when the vehicle has to reach up to 15mph before they lock.
Surely someone can be in before you set off? Why not just lock the doors as soon as you are in if the concern is that great?
Again on a personal note, I think it is a pointless option and for some reason it isn't automatically activated on a Ford it seems.
Each to their own and if it makes some happy and secure, so be it.

Unfortunately once I’ve stuffed two kids in and all their junk I usually don’t remember, plus tbh if it is programmable dunno why I should have to. Would be nice to have it on a menu in the settings same as many other manufacturers. I’d understand it if it was flat out not possible.

As said above, I start in a nice area, don’t always end up in one.

One thing to note, all cars these days unlock in a crash. Regardless of settings or whether it has been manually locked or not. They have for about 20 years, was a feature highlighted on a 1995 BMW I had when I bought it. I was worried about getting stuck and asked.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Hull, I’m guessing it’s probably nicer since the 90s!

Personal preference again.
Some see the point, some don't.
I don't.

Yep. Experience of London traffic in SW means it is a requirement not an option sadly. I find it hugely annoying but a necessity.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not activated as standard because the doors may not unlock if you crash, and your family could sue Ford if the emergency services can't get in.

Personally I like it, it's something I have activated on all my cars.  I drive through some questionable areas in stop start traffic but don't park in an any so don't see any issue with it only activating above 10mph or so.

Hi again Tom! Hope you're well. Do you have any idea if the autolock feature can be enabled in the fiestas such as mine? (2013 1.0 Ecoboost incase you've forgotten since our start/stop discussion 😉 ) (which is still working great thank you for all your help)

2 hours ago, LondonFiesta said:

Unfortunately once I’ve stuffed two kids in and all their junk I usually don’t remember, plus tbh if it is programmable dunno why I should have to. Would be nice to have it on a menu in the settings same as many other manufacturers. I’d understand it if it was flat out not possible.

As said above, I start in a nice area, don’t always end up in one.

One thing to note, all cars these days unlock in a crash. Regardless of settings or whether it has been manually locked or not. They have for about 20 years, was a feature highlighted on a 1995 BMW I had when I bought it. I was worried about getting stuck and asked.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Hull, I’m guessing it’s probably nicer since the 90s!

Haha, yes, it has got slightly better since then. Just stay away from the city centre.

Hull was the Uk City of Culture in 2017 and beating Leicester, Swansea and somewhere else. I think it still holds the title until it moves to Coventry in 2021.

I guess autolocking over 10/15 mph or whatever is more about stopping people getting out of the car while it is moving, rather than stopping people getting in which as others have said, they will do at lower speed or standstill anyway. But still don't really get it - people  worried about kids etc will have used child locks on rear doors anyway?

The doors can be opened from inside regardless of locking or auto locking, except for child lock enabled rear doors. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I guess autolocking over 10/15 mph or whatever is more about stopping people getting out of the car while it is moving, rather than stopping people getting in which as others have said, they will do at lower speed or standstill anyway. But still don't really get it - people  worried about kids etc will have used child locks on rear doors anyway?

This is the opposite to child locks, it only locks the outside doors to stop people car jacking you at traffic lights.  It doesn't unlock below 10mph, only when you pull an inside door handle.  It also locks the boot which is useful...if you're stopped at lights, a pedestrian can easily open the boot and run off with your laptop before you've even noticed what's happening.  Very useful in rough areas, not at all useful in nice areas lol.

3 hours ago, GarethW99 said:

Hi again Tom! Hope you're well. Do you have any idea if the autolock feature can be enabled in the fiestas such as mine? (2013 1.0 Ecoboost incase you've forgotten since our start/stop discussion 😉 ) (which is still working great thank you for all your help)

Hi Gareth, it should be possible to activate on the Fiesta but I'm not sure which software you'd need.  Forscan might do it...hopefully someone else can confirm!

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

This is the opposite to child locks, it only locks the outside doors to stop people car jacking you at traffic lights.  It doesn't unlock below 10mph, only when you pull an inside door handle.  It also locks the boot which is useful...if you're stopped at lights, a pedestrian can easily open the boot and run off with your laptop before you've even noticed what's happening.  Very useful in rough areas, not at all useful in nice areas lol.

36 minutes ago, ThaiFiesta said:

The doors can be opened from inside regardless of locking or auto locking, except for child lock enabled rear doors. 

Had this feature on several cars but never actually put it to the test, so happy to be corrected on this!😀

• 2 years later...

I know this is old, but I just enabled it fine on a 2013 mk7.5 fiesta style. Enabled it on Forscan then did the programming with the 3x lock button to enable it, it took a few attempts to get that working and it to chime but once done it worked OK. I wish it locked at 5mph like my focus instead of 15mph though. 

@cjay1 I didn't notice the relock option so at the moment it only does it once per journey. I'll try take another look though. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club