Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying Noise ST180

Nathan_M

I know you guys love a listen i cant upload the sound, I am baffled by this rotational noise, sounds like the tyres to me sounds very harsh when going along after everything is warmed up however the noise cannot be heard on a cold movement, best way of describing it at speed when you hear it is like a train a chuffing sort of noise, drives ok and isnt grindy enough to be a bearing it's a rubbery noise...... I'm reckoning the tracking is out and it's the tyres any ideas or anyone else had anything like it on an ST or otherwise?

Do you have a way of fixing a phone/recording device to the edge of the car, or a friend to hold a phone outside while you do a short drive?

If it's the tracking then a quick check of the tyres tread depth to see if there is any uneven wear would be a good thing to do. Also a short drive (somewhere straight and on a quiet/empty road) and let your grip on the wheel go and see if you get any drift/movement of the car without your input on the wheel.

Lastly, and hopefully this could be a simple cause, have you checked around each tyre to see if there are any objects stuck in them? Nails/stones etc.?

Might be a stone sticking between brake disc and cooling shroud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Alright guys, yeh i did record the sound but cant upload the sound file😡, anyway i have had a good check round to be honest and there is no play suggesting the bearings are ok, i have given the brake shields a push and washed them out to no change, its almost certainly something rubbery making the noise but as above doesnt seem to happen until its warm, all the rubber covers are intact cv joints etc, i need some tyres soon anyway so i think i may leave it until thats done see if it gets any worse 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys thanks for the replies, just wrapped some nice expensive Pilot 4s on the wheels and the noise has gone so obviously my old tyres were just irritating when getting low on tread!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club