Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PARROT CK3100 LCD handsfree kit with standard stereo (Ford Mondeo MK4)

Sheepdisease

When I changed from a Ford Mondeo MK3 to MK4 I disconnected the parrot hands free kit from the old car. 

There was an aftermarket stereo fitted in the old car but I need to connect it to the OEM stereo. There are loads of wires and none of the ends fit in the back of the stereo so I'm not sure how I fit it?

Back of the stereo:

IF3oK4q.jpg

CW0KmXX.jpg

This is the information I have found on the internet but the ISO connectors do not fit into the back of the stereo unit?

I assume everything I have came included with the kit:

KIT CONTENTS

1 interface with LCD screen
1 adjustable external microphone
1 electronic control unit
1 power lead with ISO connectors
1 mute cable with ISO connectors
1 set of fitting accessories

The electronic system of the Parrot CK3100 has four outputs:

Car radio
Power
LCD screen
Microphone

The mute cable is fitted with black ISO connectors and a "Line out" output.

To install the car radio with the "Line in" inputs: Preferably use this type of connection with the brown and green wires and the yellow "mute" wire connected to the back of your car radio.

To install the car radio with the ISO connectors: Disconnect the audio and power cable bundles from the car radio, then connect the female connectors of the mute cable and the power cable to the car radio.

Connect the audio and power cable bundles from the vehicle to the male connectors. If the car radio is fitted with a Mute in, connect the yellow wire from the mute cable to one of the "Mute In" inputs (1, 2 or 3).

For car radios without ISO connectors: You must get an ISO adapter cable.

38T4T4p.png

How do I fit the power cable?                               

The power cable's red wire should be connected to the constant 12V, the orange wire to the ignition 12V, and the black wire to the ground.

Check the electrical wiring diagram of the ISO power cable bundle for the car radio.

On some vehicles, the positions of the red and orange wires need to be swapped round.

This can easily be done by swapping the two fuse holders.

Do not connect the orange wire to the constant 12V, or you will risk running down the vehicle's battery.

On to the images:

Lots of cables:

XBaHoIP.jpg

nne6WdH.jpg

gtuTbRQ.jpg

gYEjtVO.jpg

yG6vasD.jpg

NtgzYaY.jpg

9sgW1u7.jpg

OI9NZmn.jpg

Ed47PhQ.jpg

Has anyone fitted one of these kits into a Ford Mondeo MK4 or know how it should be done based on the wiring available above?

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Hello Dez, thanks for your reply. Already tried that, it's not showing on their website any more.

Thanks for your reply.

PBTKI.thumb.png.e6a3960c06869d8a23f92354ab90afda.png

PBTK.thumb.png.7df6962e09ab6654a0a09524986ef7b6.png

Looking at the manual I take it that my problem is that the Parrot kit comes with ISO connectors and the back of the stereo in my car is SOT? Is that right? I'm new to this and need to make sure I understand.

If that is the case, do you know exactly which kit I need that it going to connect everything together? For example, is it one of these?

https://camaudiotech.com/product-category/parrot-car-kit-sot-leads/?filter_model=mondeo-07-14

try Halfords the should have the right sot cable

So that is the problem I am facing? It is related to ISO/SOT?

try e bay as well they sell the SOT cables🙂

yes you just need the right SOT cable 

The right SOT cable will deal with all the relevant connections for power, Speakers and automute?

I tried another website and it's listing several different ones and I am not sure which to choose: https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/vehiclesearch.html

just go to e bay and pick your year of car and it should come up most sellers will ask you to send them your reg to make sure its right

I think it's this one: https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/sot-092s-ford-fiesta-mondeo-focus-transit-connect-parrot-bluetooth-iso-adaptor-lead.htm

This retains the steering wheel controls for volume.

They also list for a few pence less on eBay from the same retailer:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOT-092S-Parrot-Bluetooth-ISO-T-Harness-Wiring-Adaptor-Lead-For-FORD-/250562436434

FYI It doesn't look like Halfords supply this particular SOT.

sure is it say Mondeo 2003 and on

Thanks for your help, ordered it. Fingers crossed now.

• Like 1

there a part on that page which will help if you need it

We try to provide upto date information. If you are unsure about the model number please feel free to contact our customer service
on 020 8875 2525 and we will be happy to help you selecting correct SOT Lead for your car.

1 minute ago, Sheepdisease said:

Thanks for your help, ordered it. Fingers crossed now.

your welcome good luck:thumbsup:

Hello there, I received the kit today. I've plugged it in and can't get it to work. 

I think I've tried every combination of connecting the wires but the display on the Parrot does not come on.

Can anyone see a problem with this?

spacer.png

Do you have a better picture than this showing all the wires try to get a bigger picture so the blue box shows

9 hours ago, dezwez said:

Do you have a better picture than this showing all the wires try to get a bigger picture so the blue box shows

Thanks for your reply, I'll try and get one later on.

In the mean time, I just don't understand. The red and orange cables with fuses are switched according to the instructions and I can't see anything else obvious.

I connected each cable together from end to end, had power to the CD player and input the code, turned the key to give power and even though the CD player had power, the Parrot did not.

Reading from the page of an SOT adapter website, it says:

Please note that some Vehicles do not have a Switched Ignition supply at the head unit, and therefore a switched supply needs to be fed from the Fuse Box to the orange wire on the Parrot Loom. Information on this is available from Technical.

How can this be if turning the ignition supplies power to the CD player?

Also now included, pictures as requested:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Opened up bluebox and looks fine

Fuses look fine

As well as orange going to red and red to orange, there is a black wire present which is not visible in these images.

have you tried the black to 12 volts

also have you tried red to red and orange to orange

Thanks for your replies. Tried changing the order red to red and orange to orange before and no difference. The black wire is hardconnected to the wiring. It is part of a connector on one end and goes into the plastic cabling on the other before going into the black plastic box.

Surely the car has a CAM BUS and is getting power from the car through the connectors?

mines a focus and that had no power the same as yours have but it had a blue wire in the plug ands when I put 

12 volt to this it power up. The only blue is in the light grey plug also it says 

Please note that some Vehicles do not have a Switched Ignition supply at the head unit, and therefore a switched supply needs to be fed from the Fuse Box to the orange wire on the Parrot Loom. Information on this is available from Technical.

have you tried this 

Not sure how to do it. I did refer to that quote before you, which is why I asked:

How can this be if turning the ignition supplies power to the CD player?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club