Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electrical Adjustable Mirror Confused Problem

Uncle Tommy

The problem currently, I having a problem with the mirror that cannot to adjusting the glass, My Fiesta have the electrical version, and it 56 plates (Mk6 Facelift).

My brother car, have same as mine but working one, I tested my switch on his car, my switch has seen all fine. I take to look fuses area behind the glovebox, and the fuse is seen okay, no blown.

I can't work out, what wrong with my mirror!!! 😡🤬

My guess;

My car currently awaiting ABS control module reprogram - Could be that case my mirror stopped working? (It would not happen that, so less chance.)

It has the heated mirror, could be fuse got blown and given adjustable mirror stopped working?

Or, I have to buy a pair whole the heated mirror?

Is it both the nearside and offside? And is it both left-right, and Up-down ?

Is this the version with folding mirrors, and does that work ?

On 6/1/2019 at 8:41 PM, Paulkp said:

Is it both the nearside and offside? And is it both left-right, and Up-down ?

Is this the version with folding mirrors, and does that work ?

Non-power-folding version, Up, down, left, and right not working on both side mirror, and it electrical.

UPDATE;

Been check heated mirror fuse and seen they not blown.

Have you checked Fuse H ?  This is in the engine compartment, and funnily enough also feeds ABS.......

On 6/4/2019 at 10:37 PM, Paulkp said:

Have you checked Fuse H ?  This is in the engine compartment, and funnily enough also feeds ABS.......

No? I could see is relay, where fuse, sorry sound like I'm an idiot. At near battery. Only I knew is; fuse box behind glove boy and relay. I kind stuck, and not understanding what u mean "Fuse H"?

Also, currently, mine have ABS problem, engine light (possible speed data is lost), ABS and brake warning light is on.

There is a fuse panel in the engine compartment behind the battery box, fitted with eight "Midi" fuses rated between 40-60A as opposed to the mini fuses behind the glove box.  One of these, Fuse H, feeds ABS (Fuses 5&6) and mirror motors (Fuse 8 )

Have you checked for 12V on the supply side of the mirror or ABS fuses ?  This is a permanent supply, so does not need the ignition on.  If there is no supply there, then Fuse H is probably blown, but be wary of replacing this fuse without first checking for a short circuit on ABS or mirrors.

13 hours ago, Paulkp said:

There is a fuse panel in the engine compartment behind the battery box, fitted with eight "Midi" fuses rated between 40-60A as opposed to the mini fuses behind the glove box.  One of these, Fuse H, feeds ABS (Fuses 5&6) and mirror motors (Fuse 8 )

Have you checked for 12V on the supply side of the mirror or ABS fuses ?  This is a permanent supply, so does not need the ignition on.  If there is no supply there, then Fuse H is probably blown, but be wary of replacing this fuse without first checking for a short circuit on ABS or mirrors.

Was between battery and relay where silm black trucked fitted, where positive wire attach it.

Got photo of battery area

20190610_211030.jpg

I found it! Thanks, pauls for point out engine fuse box location!

Which fuses? There 5 fuses.

20190612_144418.jpg

Edited by Uncle Tommy
Photos

According to the Haynes manual (below), it is a 60A fuse, and they are A to H left to right.  So I think with A, B, and C not used, the right hand one of those five. If it is blown then you will need to check for a fault. H feeds Heated Front Screen via a relay, A/c F4, ABS F5 and F6, and Mirrors F8.  F7 probably not used.  Take care not to short circuit anything if you still have the battery connected, 

1492763269_EnginrFuses.thumb.jpg.9c99ade6c53cea66c5504ed79fa8cdd8.jpg

Edited by Paulkp

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club