Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buy older model, upgrade to latest / newest / Apple CarPlay support?

jingo_man

If I bought a used Fiesta, mostly likely 16 or 66 UK reg plate time range, would I be able to get (full) CarPlay support by upgrading some way? Research shows a Titanium model running Sync 3. I think this is the 2017 models onwards.

I have an aftermarket Sony stereo on current Leon, but the touchscreen will be too far away to operate. I presume. anyone's experience to confirm this? too far away or still usable?

So do Ford themselves have a version that can use the dashboard's physical buttons? steering wheel modules? or some other way?

Ford US have fully integrated Sync 3 with Car Play for Fiesta so you’d have to import one from there, or dodgy up the Sync 3 from the new Fiesta (a lot more work I would think, plus no existing guides). There’s a guide for the Mk7.5 on the US Fiesta forum. 

5 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

Ford US have fully integrated Sync 3 with Car Play for Fiesta so you’d have to import one from there, or dodgy up the Sync 3 from the new Fiesta (a lot more work I would think, plus no existing guides). There’s a guide for the Mk7.5 on the US Fiesta forum. 

Can you provide a link for the US Fiesta forum, please? So I know it is the one you are referring to.

12 hours ago, jingo_man said:

I have an aftermarket Sony stereo on current Leon, but the touchscreen will be too far away to operate. I presume. anyone's experience to confirm this? too far away or still usable?

its perfectly usable I have done it myself. as you already have the stereo it may well be your cheapest option.DSC_0093.thumb.JPG.3b1de2eb87a1278fe1f9da6b76a0429e.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club