Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford sync 2 stuck on update

SRollerOVD

Hello,

I'm from Los Angeles in the US and recently purchased a Ford Fusion. I downloaded the software update from the Ford website and saved it to a USB drive per instructions from the Ford site. I then went to install the new software in my Ford sync 2, which seemed to be going well, rebooted twice, and then it got stuck on

"Installing File..." SyncMyRide\EA5T-14F497-AE.zip (see below picture for similarity)

I was reading that it can usually take 30 or even more to pass this step, but still nothing after more than 2 hours!! What could be wrong? Could the file be corrupt or though it was from the Ford website?

image.thumb.png.af018e7c39233335a2b5c4d0db612c67.png

You have to be very patient, the updates do seem to stall out but will finish eventually.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I understand, I'll try it again soon and I'll plan to have it on for hours just in case.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Did this get resolved by waiting a long time? I am stuck in the same spot.

• 7 months later...

I figured it out you have to have a usb flash drive 2.0 not 3.0 and format it to fat32 not exfat. Once you do that delete the old files on the flash drive and transfer the update you had saved on your computer to the flash drive. If you don’t have it saved on your computer you can redownload it from the ford website. Then put the flash drive in and it should work. It was stuck at installing 4/10 for me for the longest until I did this.

• 2 months later...

Did you have to do a master reset before reattempting with the fat32 formatted flash drive?

Hey did you have to master reset before trying again?

what I did was format the thumb drive, then moved the download to the thumb drive, then extracted the files from the download I moved to the thumb drive which created a new folder with the 3 folders that were extracted. IMPORTANT part- you need to highlight all 3 folders right-click, hold and move the extracted files back to the root directory of thumb drive. (Basically when you put your thumb drive in your computer and it opens to the 1st files saved on it, that's where you need to move the extracted ones to) hope that helps 

On 9/19/2020 at 5:41 PM, rscarpenter said:

Did you have to do a master reset before reattempting with the fat32 formatted flash drive?

Just posted what I did 

• 1 year later...

Exact same thing for me. When I called help desk they told me to remove it from the car, (which  then the screen said it lost connection with the USB), reformat with fat32, delete original downloaded files, and start over. Apparently I had the exfat format on the drive initially. She said it should restart/continue with the correct format on the drive. We'll.... I now have the correct fat32 format on the drive. I put it in the car, but it won't go past the screen that says "lost connection with drive..."  I can't back out, I can't turn the screen off, I cant  do a reset troubleshooting (per. Phone rep), I can't listen to the radio, I can't use my screen for anything. Ford dealership said its likely stalled and to fix it it will be $1100! Please someone tell me there is another option here!!!   I'm about to have this system ripped out and install a more user friendly, easy to update over wifi one if not. If I'm going to have to pay an arm and a leg might as well get something I like better. But I'd really rather not. Argh! 

So I just purchased a 2014 Ford Edge and thought I might as well update the software. Fix any potential bugs. Then boom, this happened to me too. I found this forum and thought I was screwed. However, for me, all I did was eject my Navigation SD card and the install completed rapidly with no issues. A success. Give it a try since this error has “nav” in the description, I thought that may be the problem and I was correct. Good luck.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club