Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ghia 2008 16v 1.4 wiring diagram

oldwheeler

Tracing and testing the circuit components of the engine cooling fan using the Haynes manual I found the Haynes manual and what I have are completely different. Does anyone have the proper information

Diagram on back of my glove box appears to agree with Haynes Manual - Fuse 12, 15A for fan without A/C, feeding R11 aka R45 in same fuse/relay panel.

With A/C, Fuse D, 40A in engine compartment feeds R46 aka R246 in engine compartment. bypassing the resistor, which is fitted in the fan mounting frame

Does the fan run at all ? I think it should run if you start the A/C

PS F12 is a 10A in my 2007 1.6 petrol!

Fuses 3.jpg

Fuses 2.jpg

Edited by Paulkp

years ago my wife's fiesta had a fan problem in that often it came on far too late. I solved this by rewiring the fan to a switch on the dashboard so I could switch it on myself when the temp guage looked like it needed it.   Not ideal but sometimes when it is an old cheap car and the problem solving is taking too mcuh time, a work around is the way to go. If you do that make sure you use wire and connectors of suitable electrical loading and put an appropriate  fuse in the circuit.

• 1 month later...

Still needing proper information regarding the wiring and relays for my  2008 MK6 Ghia . In my car Relay 45 (R8) drives the Cooling Fan. With the relay removed and shorting pins 3 and 5 of the relay base with wire, the cooling fan operates. The engine relay box only contains one relay R46 (246) not the four  as shown in Hayes. Removing R46 and shorting pins 3 and 5 actually drives the Air Con Clutch. The cooling fan only has two pins (no bypass resistor fitted to the frame) so its either on or off. Shorting pin 3 and 5 of R11(163) has no effect since control of these 3 relays are by earth on pin 2 of each relay by the ECU. I dont know where the Coolant Temperature Sensor connects to connects to. Presumably its an input to the ECU. The CTS  is a thermistor which reduces in resistance as the temperature increases. I have changed it, but the old one did not seem to be faulty when tested .The ECU connector on this vehicle seems to be a one piece connector permanently attached to the ECU so wiring checks to it are virtually impossible. The A/C button lights up when pressed if any  heater blower fan speed is selected, but neither the cooling fan or the A/C clutch operate from here. It would be helpful to know where these wires go, and how control is effected. I am currently monitoring the coolant temperature with an OBD code reader. Pity there are no OBD codes for A/C. I may have to take up isetta's solution for both the fan and A/C but not until I eliminate other avenues.

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club