Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Ford SYNC issues with Text Messages

GarethW99

Hi everyone

I have a 2013 Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 100ps and am having issues with SYNC and the text messaging feature.

I have an iPhone Xs Max and I recently updated to iOS 12.3.1. I have also factory reset sync tonight as I wanted to clean the system out and pair my phone with it again.

I’m not sure whether the factory reset and system default reset have caused the issue or the update to my phone but since these my sync is now telling me my phone doesnt support this feature despite it being fine a few hours earlier today.

Has anyone else had issues with the text messaging feature after updating their phone or resetting the system?

Many thanks

I have sync 3 but have found my newer phone (Nokia 8.1) doesn't work with text messages anymore, where my old one did.

I'm guessing it's just an incompatibility with the newer phones bluetooth implementation.

20 minutes ago, GarethW99 said:

Hi everyone

I have a 2013 Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 100ps and am having issues with SYNC and the text messaging feature.

I have an iPhone Xs Max and I recently updated to iOS 12.3.1. I have also factory reset sync tonight as I wanted to clean the system out and pair my phone with it again.

I’m not sure whether the factory reset and system default reset have caused the issue or the update to my phone but since these my sync is now telling me my phone doesnt support this feature despite it being fine a few hours earlier today.

Has anyone else had issues with the text messaging feature after updating their phone or resetting the system?

Many thanks

You will probably need to download the software updates to the sync system. If you have done a factory reset of the unit, it will have deleted any software updates since it was released. 
You will need a USB dongle formatted to ExFAT and you will have to go to the Ford website to download the updates to the USB stick. 

Factory reset shouldn't wipe the software updates. It's two separate partitions, like a phone. The "user data" partition is separate and the only part wiped during a reset.

35 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

You will probably need to download the software updates to the sync system. If you have done a factory reset of the unit, it will have deleted any software updates since it was released. 
You will need a USB dongle formatted to ExFAT and you will have to go to the Ford website to download the updates to the USB stick. 

If that is the case, please could you link me to the correct website if known please?:) I am not at all sure what version of ‘sync’ i’d have tbh 🙂

35 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Factory reset shouldn't wipe the software updates. It's two separate partitions, like a phone. The "user data" partition is separate and the only part wiped during a reset.

I thought that would be the case, I didnt reset the whole audio system in the car just done the ‘master reset’ to get rid of any phone that had been connected to the car. I hope I haven’t ‘downgraded’ it unknowningly

26 minutes ago, GarethW99 said:

If that is the case, please could you link me to the correct website if known please?:) I am not at all sure what version of ‘sync’ i’d have tbh 🙂

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

I have the same issue, the only thing you can do is a factory reset if it is a sync 1 for all others I do not know however if factory reset doesn't work then there is nothing more you can do 

@Nick Y Just put my VIN number in and had this result on the website:

ford update.JPG

@Nick Y @Neb_engineer @alexp999 - Guys, thank you for your replies to this. It seems that the text messaging feature has come back again. Panic over lol! Text messaging feature fine after factory reset, also seems that my sync is up-to-date so all ok!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club