Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEW MK8 FIESTA LED BULBS

jakephillips05

just to let everyone know who wants LED Bulbs for the mk8 fiesta projector headlights autobeam have just bought them out specifically for the mk8 fiesta link is below. 

https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/ford-fiesta-mk8/products/led-h7-dipped-beam-unit-mk8

What about interior lights for the mk8?

6 hours ago, jakephillips05 said:

just to let everyone know who wants LED bulbs for the mk8 fiesta projector headlights autobeam have just bought them out specifically for the mk8 fiesta link is below. 

https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/ford-fiesta-mk8/products/led-h7-dipped-beam-unit-mk8

Placed an order for some myself, going to fit them when I get a chance but it seems like the perfect kit with no need for modifications etc

15 hours ago, Darren-mk8 said:

What about interior lights for the mk8?

The interior lights in the mrs Mk8 are already factory fitted led's. Unless you are talking about replacing for coloured led's?

Will be interested to see how these work out.

What's the point of the fan if the bulb is sealed in the holder with a rubber cap?

3 hours ago, Mavroz said:

The interior lights in the mrs Mk8 are already factory fitted led's. Unless you are talking about replacing for coloured led's?

Coloured LED's yes

Am I going to regret going for the £600 LED headlight option? Ah well, too late now.

1 hour ago, ElliotReid said:

Am I going to regret going for the £600 LED headlight option? Ah well, too late now.

Have thought about this in my next Fiesta, the problem is, i am told the cornering / fog lights are standard Halogen lamps with no LED option. So if they cannot fit Led's in these i will not be taking the £600 LED headlights as in all fairness i think the projector headlights in the 7.5 and mk8 are quite good.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

i think the projector headlights in the 7.5 and mk8 are quite good.

They seem ok to me also. I had LEDs in a previous car and couldn't see what was supposed to be so good about them. They came as part of a pack which was FOC at the time, I wouldn't like to have forked  out hundreds  for them! 

46 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Have thought about this in my next Fiesta, the problem is, i am told the cornering / fog lights are standard Halogen lamps with no LED option. So if they cannot fit Led's in these i will not be taking the £600 LED headlights as in all fairness i think the projector headlights in the 7.5 and mk8 are quite good.

Autobeam do LED fog lamp replacements and I plan on buying them. I've seen a few people change them on YouTube but only in the ST or ST Line with the different shaped fog lamps but I believe on the Titanium I'm getting I can go in through the wheel arch liners. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

No option for me to fit led in fogs so went with standard. On the STLX they are projectors which are quite good. Standard on zetec were terrible 

2 hours ago, ElliotReid said:

Autobeam do LED fog lamp replacements and I plan on buying them. I've seen a few people change them on YouTube but only in the ST or ST Line with the different shaped fog lamps but I believe on the Titanium I'm getting I can go in through the wheel arch liners. 

Won't be messing about on a brand new car replacing 2 lamps if everything else is LED.

As i said in other threads, if i do not order an ST3, It will be an St Line X.

I will ask the question about getting the car delivered with fog lamps already replaced or ready to collect like this.

Surprising what can be achieved that is a deal maker....

So I tried fitting the bulbs today but before fitting, I noticed a defect in that the plastic cap that is used to twist the bulb into place was broken which is a shame. I’ve now contacted AB for a refund or replacement. 

I hope if I go down the replacement route, it will be a bit more robust. Either way, the fitting isn’t quite as straight forward as plug and play as you need to remove the entire headlamp to get the bulb in otherwise there isn’t enough space. You need the domed covers that AB offer but those are relatively large and will end up squashed as there isn’t enough space to get them in fully. I’ll update if I make any progress

2 hours ago, DG97 said:

So I tried fitting the bulbs today but before fitting, I noticed a defect in that the plastic cap that is used to twist the bulb into place was broken which is a shame. I’ve now contacted AB for a refund or replacement. 

I hope if I go down the replacement route, it will be a bit more robust. Either way, the fitting isn’t quite as straight forward as plug and play as you need to remove the entire headlamp to get the bulb in otherwise there isn’t enough space. You need the domed covers that AB offer but those are relatively large and will end up squashed as there isn’t enough space to get them in fully. I’ll update if I make any progress

yeh i returned mine as absolute pain to fit, got out one headlight and because they seem to of 3D printed the special holder it doesn't fit properly very well. also its a very very tight squeeze with the new dome covers. such a shame as the bulb is high quality just the clip they made isn't 

2 hours ago, jakephillips05 said:

yeh i returned mine as absolute pain to fit, got out one headlight and because they seem to of 3D printed the special holder it doesn't fit properly very well. also its a very very tight squeeze with the new dome covers. such a shame as the bulb is high quality just the clip they made isn't 

I have asked for a replacement of the holder itself. I’m then going to take the car down to one of the Ford QuickFit places and ask them to remove the headlights, fit the bulbs and reinstall the headlights. They seem pretty sound at the QuickFit place so if they have any difficulty fitting it,  i’m just going to end up returning the bulbs

I too thought the bulb itself was very high quality - just the holder that let it down. Worth giving it another shot but I have a feeling that despite being advertised as perfect for the MK8, due to the lack of space it just may not be a suitable upgrade but we’ll see

1 hour ago, DG97 said:

I have asked for a replacement of the holder itself. I’m then going to take the car down to one of the Ford QuickFit places and ask them to remove the headlights, fit the bulbs and reinstall the headlights. They seem pretty sound at the QuickFit place so if they have any difficulty fitting it,  i’m just going to end up returning the bulbs. 

I too thought the bulb itself was very high quality - just the holder that let it down. Worth giving it another shot but I have a feeling that despite being advertised as perfect for the MK8, due to the lack of space it just may not be a suitable upgrade but we’ll see

let me know how it goes please. 

1 hour ago, jakephillips05 said:

let me know how it goes please. 

Will do, as soon as I have the replacement clip, i’ll take it down to a QuickLane for them to replace the bulb. 

An alternative I have at the moment to LED Bulbs are the H7 Halogen bulbs from Autobeam which are coated in a blue film and give off a white looking light (more blue on the road though). As it’s the summer, it’s been difficult to gauge how efficient they are but i’m edging towards saying they look good but the light output isn’t great but until I go for a proper drive when it’s really dark, I won’t be able to confirm. 

14 hours ago, DG97 said:

Will do, as soon as I have the replacement clip, i’ll take it down to a QuickLane for them to replace the bulb. 

An alternative I have at the moment to LED bulbs are the H7 Halogen bulbs from Autobeam which are coated in a blue film and give off a white looking light (more blue on the road though). As it’s the summer, it’s been difficult to gauge how efficient they are but i’m edging towards saying they look good but the light output isn’t great but until I go for a proper drive when it’s really dark, I won’t be able to confirm. 

yeh i have those halogen ones for CEUK only 10% brighter than normal halogen bulbs not much difference just 6500k so much whiter 

So as promised, an update...

Went to my local workshop and asked for their assistance as I struggled to fit the headlamp back in after taking it out the first time. 

Despite the advertisements stating it being a "plug and play" installation, it's a little bit more than that. Yes the bulbs will clip into place and twist to lock but due to the size of the bulb and fan, you need to take the headlamps out on both sides. In the MK8 Fiesta, this is a bit of a pain if you're doing it for the first time as there is an awkward locking bolt thing at the bottom which complicates the removal and makes the fitment back in a bit awkward too. 

We fitted this on both sides alongside the larger, domed covers. On the passenger side, this was a tight fit but there was just about enough space to be happy. On the drivers side however, things are much worse. There is a piece of bodywork and also washer jet pipes that are in the way of the domed cover, forcing you to squeeze the domed cover so much, I suspect it begins to touch the fan of the bulb which isn't great. Regardless of which, the technician that was having a look was really good and helped out to fit this and fitted the headlamp back in. After literally 500 yards, the driver side bulb went and was not working at all. So I went back and took the LED Bulbs out and fitted my old "blue tinted" H7 and decided that I will be sticking with those and returning the LED Bulbs

As much as I tend to recommend Autobeam products, personally, I would avoid the LED's for two reasons: awkward installation with the need to remove the headlamp and mainly, there just isnt enough space for the domed covers which you need as the standards are too thin, which on the drivers side causes the rubber domed cover to begin touching the fan and squeezing the washer jet pipes.

Even though it was "engineered for the MK8" etc, it simply just has the twist and lock mechanism that is needed to fit the bulb. A true "engineered for the MK8" would have made the bulb a bit smaller and also the domed covers smaller so they fit a bit more easily. Shame really as when they worked for a brief moment, the light was nice, white and quite bright. 

On 6/8/2019 at 11:27 AM, jakephillips05 said:

yeh i have those halogen ones for CEUK only 10% brighter than normal halogen bulbs not much difference just 6500k so much whiter 

In terms of visibility at night, would you say the CEUK are better than standard or does achieving the whiter effect compromise on light output quality? 

3 minutes ago, DG97 said:

So as promised, an update...

Went to my local workshop and asked for their assistance as I struggled to fit the headlamp back in after taking it out the first time. 

Despite the advertisements stating it being a "plug and play" installation, it's a little bit more than that. Yes the bulbs will clip into place and twist to lock but due to the size of the bulb and fan, you need to take the headlamps out on both sides. In the MK8 Fiesta, this is a bit of a pain if you're doing it for the first time as there is an awkward locking bolt thing at the bottom which complicates the removal and makes the fitment back in a bit awkward too. 

We fitted this on both sides alongside the larger, domed covers. On the passenger side, this was a tight fit but there was just about enough space to be happy. On the drivers side however, things are much worse. There is a piece of bodywork and also washer jet pipes that are in the way of the domed cover, forcing you to squeeze the domed cover so much, I suspect it begins to touch the fan of the bulb which isn't great. Regardless of which, the technician that was having a look was really good and helped out to fit this and fitted the headlamp back in. After literally 500 yards, the driver side bulb went and was not working at all. So I went back and took the LED bulbs out and fitted my old "blue tinted" H7 and decided that I will be sticking with those and returning the LED bulbs. 

As much as I tend to recommend Autobeam products, personally, I would avoid the LED's for two reasons: awkward installation with the need to remove the headlamp and mainly, there just isnt enough space for the domed covers which you need as the standards are too thin, which on the drivers side causes the rubber domed cover to begin touching the fan and squeezing the washer jet pipes.

Even though it was "engineered for the MK8" etc, it simply just has the twist and lock mechanism that is needed to fit the bulb. A true "engineered for the MK8" would have made the bulb a bit smaller and also the domed covers smaller so they fit a bit more easily. Shame really as when they worked for a brief moment, the light was nice, white and quite bright. 

thanks for the update yeh same problem i had there isnt enough room for the fan bit which is a shame however i have noticed they also sell ones without a fan it just has a heat sink insted and they are slightly cheaper so im not sure if these would fit a bit better https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/ford-fiesta-mk8/products/led-h7-dipped-beam-unit-mk8-1 cehck them out to se what you think. also headlights are defo a pain to get in and out. 

4 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

thanks for the update yeh same problem i had there isnt enough room for the fan bit which is a shame however i have noticed they also sell ones without a fan it just has a heat sink insted and they are slightly cheaper so im not sure if these would fit a bit better https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/ford-fiesta-mk8/products/led-h7-dipped-beam-unit-mk8-1 cehck them out to se what you think. also headlights are defo a pain to get in and out. 

I didn't spot these earlier, if they are smaller in size overall, they could be better. Personally though, I think i'm just going to give it a miss and stick with H7's. The access to the H7's is just about enough, I cannot see the heat sink LED's being as small as a standard H7 or even much smaller than the fan cooled ones, at which point, it's back to square one - just not enough space. 

Saying that though, if in a few months more have tried these and a Youtube video or two appears, I may be tempted to give it another shot. For now though, I'll prefer to leave the space struggle for others 😉 

18 hours ago, DG97 said:

In terms of visibility at night, would you say the CEUK are better than standard or does achieving the whiter effect compromise on light output quality? 

they are the same brightness as stock halogen just give of the white light instead. are the autobeam ones brighter ?

18 hours ago, DG97 said:

Saying that though, if in a few months more have tried these and a Youtube video or two appears, I may be tempted to give it another shot. For now though, I'll prefer to leave the space struggle for others 😉 

yeh same for me its a shame really if only they make the mk8 bulb holder a simple clip like most headlights and not this clip thing it might make it a little easier and maybe a tiny bit more room. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club