Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEW MK8 FIESTA LED BULBS

jakephillips05

Hi!

I bought Phillips X-tremeUltinon gen2 bulbs  replacements in fog lights.

Fitted just fine, I have titanium model so it was via wheel arch.

Tight spot but it was possible without removing tires.

Now all headlights are same colour! I recomend those for everyone who has led headlights!

56161906_814684818912254_3557094835124961280_o.jpg

20190405_144938.jpg

11366XUWX2-APP-global-001.jpg

1 hour ago, jakephillips05 said:

they are the same brightness as stock halogen just give of the white light instead. are the autobeam ones brighter ?

Well I was just going to report back on them - I had a first "late night" drive when it was actually dark since fitting them and I have to say I am genuinely disappointed to the point where I think having them fitted is bordering on unsafe. 

On the upside, the light output is genuinely white with a very small hint of blue which is exactly what I was after. Unfortunately though, when driving in the dark, they simply do not illuminate the road. You can see the output and the pattern just about in the dark but it is very dim and blueish - it feels more like driving with side lights or DRL's on rather than a dipped beam. On a wet dual carriage way, I could see a faint reflection from  the reflective lane markings but in terms of any illumination of the road - it was just not there. Also they do not seem to light up a lot of the road - probably a bit shorter than standard bulbs which really isnt ideal. 

As much I have enjoyed using Autobeam's upgrades and probably would recommend for any sidelights/indicators/reverse lights etc, these blue coated H7 bulbs are to be avoided in my honest opinion. They are so dim and bordering on unsafe to use on the road that the first thing I'm planning on doing is taking them out and throwing the standard bulbs or Osram's Cool Blue Intense in (i have a spare in the shed so might be worth checking them out). Closer to the winter, I'm going to get a set of Philips Xtreme Visions as they seem to have very good reviews in terms of brightness and distance lit up but don't last as long as the standard bulbs. 

Saying that, as the CEUK bulbs come in at around £11, I might give them a shot first to see if they do better than the Autobeam bulbs - if they do, I'll keep them in, if not come winter, I'm swapping to the Xtreme Visions and not really caring if the light is yellowy or white. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 11:57 AM, DG97 said:

Well I was just going to report back on them - I had a first "late night" drive when it was actually dark since fitting them and I have to say I am genuinely disappointed to the point where I think having them fitted is bordering on unsafe. 

On the upside, the light output is genuinely white with a very small hint of blue which is exactly what I was after. Unfortunately though, when driving in the dark, they simply do not illuminate the road. You can see the output and the pattern just about in the dark but it is very dim and blueish - it feels more like driving with side lights or DRL's on rather than a dipped beam. On a wet dual carriage way, I could see a faint reflection from  the reflective lane markings but in terms of any illumination of the road - it was just not there. Also they do not seem to light up a lot of the road - probably a bit shorter than standard bulbs which really isnt ideal. 

As much I have enjoyed using Autobeam's upgrades and probably would recommend for any sidelights/indicators/reverse lights etc, these blue coated H7 bulbs are to be avoided in my honest opinion. They are so dim and bordering on unsafe to use on the road that the first thing I'm planning on doing is taking them out and throwing the standard bulbs or Osram's Cool Blue Intense in (i have a spare in the shed so might be worth checking them out). Closer to the winter, I'm going to get a set of Philips Xtreme Visions as they seem to have very good reviews in terms of brightness and distance lit up but don't last as long as the standard bulbs. 

Saying that, as the CEUK bulbs come in at around £11, I might give them a shot first to see if they do better than the Autobeam bulbs - if they do, I'll keep them in, if not come winter, I'm swapping to the Xtreme Visions and not really caring if the light is yellowy or white. 

got an update as well i have the CEUK ones i tired the autobeam ones which were rubbish for me the CEUK ones only give you 10% more light output but because they are whiter they don't look as bright but i have kepted them in for now. have have just been in talks with CEUK and they have said there MK8 fiesta LED Bulbs are coming out soon. here is a picture of them they sent me they look much better than autobeams. 

65608283_2388153934774252_5216173601295695872_n.jpg

65313242_345103999477890_4519549430805823488_n.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jakephillips05 said:

got an update as well i have the CEUK ones i tired the autobeam ones which were rubbish for me the CEUK ones only give you 10% more light output but because they are whiter they don't look as bright but i have kepted them in for now. have have just been in talks with CEUK and they have said there MK8 fiesta LED bulbs are coming out soon. here is a picture of them they sent me they look much better than autobeams. 

65608283_2388153934774252_5216173601295695872_n.jpg

65313242_345103999477890_4519549430805823488_n.jpg

I think for the summer and no night drives the “white-look” H7 are fine but the moment you need them to actually light up the road in front of you they just don’t haha

thats good news, they look solid in all honesty, depending on the pricing/fitment difficulties - might be tempted to give the CEUK LED Bulbs a try once they come out

20 hours ago, DG97 said:

I think for the summer and no night drives the “white-look” H7 are fine but the moment you need them to actually light up the road in front of you they just don’t haha

thats good news, they look solid in all honesty, depending on the pricing/fitment difficulties - might be tempted to give the CEUK LED bulbs a try once they come out

yeh im going to give them a go because they have a heat sink not a fan which makes it slightly smaller and probably easier to fit. will defiantly try them when they come out, will let you know when they are out. 

• Like 1

just an update on the CEUK MK8 bulb they have just posted to instagram about it so here is there post below. as you can see unlike autobeam CEUK have built a completely new bulb to fit into the OEM bulb holder. the bulb looks brilliant please read there post below for full information. they are also bringing out new special rubber caps that have a space for the cooling fan to stick out to get best cooling. 

IMG_8284.jpg

IMG_8285.jpg

IMG_8286.jpg

IMG_8287.jpg

IMG_8288.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have fitted the LED headlight bulbs in my MK8 and they are amazing I just cut the original boot to fit round the fan and works fine, removing and refitting the headlights is a bit of a pain but I just removed the two upper front wing bolts which allowed the headlight to fit in much easier. Another good upgrade from autobeam is the sequential indicators for the wing mirrors. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club