Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PLEASE help with updating SYNC!!

taylbuonocore

Hi, I've been trying to update my 2013 Ford Focus' SYNC and I've been driving myself insane. I do exactly as the website says and my car still tells me "file not found." I've looked up a tutorial online and still can't figure it out, I don't know where I'm going wrong. I've already seen the posts that say to delete the repeating line from the install code but mine doesn't have that problem. I don't know what is happening. PLEASE help me if you can, I will be so grateful! Here is a picture of the files on my flashdrive.   

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 7.50.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 7.49.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 7.49.57 PM.png

A 2013 Focus has the SYNC 1.0 system. This system can only be updated by a Ford dealer. However the SYNC 1.0 system was discontinued early 2014 And the support stopped almost immediately. Because of this there are no recent updates available for the SYNC 1.0 system.

From the SYNC 1.1 system onwards the SYNC system can be updated by the user from a USB drive.

the files for the sync 1.1 update you download from ford are wrong and will not install

where did u get those files they seem quite different  https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/ford-sync-1-1-help 

half way down click Ford Sync Update and download a set, then correct as per email below

you need to open the files and edit them, a year on they released the same files again, with the same fault  (must be some special muppets at the factory).

Its an easy fix and then goes on straight away

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club