Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favourite Driving Shoes

Corban

Hi all, just wondering what everyone's favourite shoes are for driving. Do you use normal every day shoes? If so what do you prefer. Or do you use branded Driving Shoes, if so why and which do think are better.

Decent pair of trainers for me every time! Used to wear "normal" leather shoes when driving for work, but even then would often put trainers on if driving a long way, and stop and change just before reaching my destination, as Reeboks etc don't really work with a suit and tie for a business meeting!😀

I literally only have one pair of everyday  shoes...  Cheap pair of Regatta walking shoes, they do for everything, walking, driving, etc... 

Driving in 'nice' shoes for funerals can be interesting though, no pedal feel, no grip and no give in the leather... :laugh:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I literally only have one pair of everyday  shoes...  

Wish my Mrs could say that!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whatever I happen to be wearing.

• Like 1

Blue suede Samba's but that's what I wear 99.9% of my shoe wearing time

most of my driving is normal black leather shoes because I have to wear shoes like that for work ( and I can't be bothered with changing shoes when I get there. No problem driving with them but the edge of the heel seems to go though the floor maps pretty quick because the edge of heel is right angled with no curve to it. 

I like my North Face Hedgehogs plus a pair of Dainese trainers I have. I cannot drive in motorcycle boots as I have no feeling of the pedals in them, though strangely I can feel the brake lever and gear lever through them when riding a bike. 

Puma Speedcat or Driftcat trainers, thin sole, rounded heal, very comfortable and good pedal feel.  I wear these trainers anyway but are great for driving also

• Like 1

When i went for a haircut, last June i was wearing crocs, i decided to look round a car lot and ended up test driving ( in crocs) and eventually buying my Focus. Missus said it was the most expensive haircut ever. Moral is :- i drive in whatever is on my feet at the time.

I use a pair of F1 boots combined with some racing gloves and flame-retardant overalls. On the way to work I chuck a helmet on just in case 😂.

Seriously though... why? 😂

• Haha 1

Magnum Panther work boots mostly or Salomon goretex walking boots when not in uniform.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

12 hours ago, Bobr said:

Whatever I happen to be wearing.

Same here, I don’t tailor my wardrobe to driving haha

Trainers all the way.

Best ever feel for me though is barefoot or with socks on but it starts to hurt your feet after a while, especially braking and clutch pedal dipping.

• Like 1

A mate of mind always used to drive in his socks - hope you changed yours more often than he did - phew!!😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

I use a pair of F1 boots combined with some racing gloves and flame-retardant overalls. On the way to work I chuck a helmet on just in case 😂.

Seriously though... why? 😂

I mean, for those on here driving 1.6 EcoBoosts that could be a reasonable precaution…. :tongue: 

11 hours ago, MusicalChris said:

Puma Speedcat or Driftcat trainers, thin sole, rounded heal, very comfortable and good pedal feel.  I wear these trainers anyway but are great for driving also

When I learned to drive I always used a pair of Total 90's (only 90's kids will remember these :whistling: ) as that's what I used for everything...very similar to the Speedcats with plenty of feel.  I must admit I haven't had another pair of shoes with as much control since!

Converse trainers or barefoot or with socks 

Whatever I'm wearing in the ST.

Adidas for track days in the Lotus (the pedals are very close together).

I like ones with a decent heel, so that my foot is nice and planted 🙂

Skateboarding style shoes work really well for me

I tend to struggle driving in wellies.

36 minutes ago, Cameron583 said:

I like ones with a decent heel, so that my foot is nice and planted

Do they have rounded heels?