Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Use of or Installation of Autolocking ?

John McMahon9885599

Hi all 

hope everyone is well during this crazy period, I’m stuck with this crazy problem of setting my doors to auto lock and it’s frustrating because I had a rental focus of the same year and it had it on is there anyone that can point me in the right direction of getting this set up for me as I don’t under all this stuff about software and cables if someone can help it would be much appreciated 

kind regards 

chris fordfocus 

8 hours ago, Chris fordfocus said:

Hi all 

hope everyone is well during this crazy period, I’m stuck with this crazy problem of setting my doors to auto lock and it’s frustrating because I had a rental focus of the same year and it had it on is there anyone that can point me in the right direction of getting this set up for me as I don’t under all this stuff about software and cables if someone can help it would be much appreciated 

kind regards 

chris fordfocus 

Hi Chris.

Windows Laptop, download Forscan for Windows

Purchase an ELM327 modified cable (with the toggle switch)

Enable Forscan free extended license (2 months) follow instructions on Forscan

Install cable, you may need to follow guides on Forscan Forum to set up drivers, it's all there

Connect to vehicle with ignition on but not running, select configuration and programming , select BCM (not BCM asbuilt), change the drop down on automatic locking to enable, click write.

Job done

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveT70 said:

Hi Chris.

Windows Laptop, download Forscan for Windows

Purchase an ELM327 modified cable (with the toggle switch)

Enable Forscan free extended license (2 months) follow instructions on Forscan

Install cable, you may need to follow guides on Forscan Forum to set up drivers, it's all there

Connect to vehicle with ignition on but not running, select configuration and programming , select BCM (not BCM asbuilt), change the drop down on automatic locking to enable, click write.

Job done

Tempted to do this my self - do you know if there is a reason it’s not available by default in the UK? I assume in the event of a collision it’s designed that the doors would unlock

On 7/23/2020 at 11:00 AM, simps100 said:

Tempted to do this my self - do you know if there is a reason it’s not available by default in the UK? I assume in the event of a collision it’s designed that the doors would unlock

The software has a glitch where it doesn't ALWAYS unlock the doors on impact and Ford are scared of being sued, if you've locked them your self it's your fault

• Like 2

Thank you Dave and simps the only problem I have is I’m worried about doing it myself and messing up the car I see you in the Midlands Dave or id offer you something for doing it for me if you know anyone London based that can do this for me I will sort them out 

thank you

Chris 

On 7/24/2020 at 2:46 PM, Chris fordfocus said:

Thank you Dave and simps the only problem I have is I’m worried about doing it myself and messing up the car I see you in the Midlands Dave or id offer you something for doing it for me if you know anyone London based that can do this for me I will sort them out 

thank you

Chris 

Was similar to you and worried about messing something up - I did this my self last night (my first time using forscan!) and it really was so easy - probably took 5 mins in total and worked straight away. 

On 7/28/2020 at 11:28 AM, simps100 said:

Was similar to you and worried about messing something up - I did this my self last night (my first time using forscan!) and it really was so easy - probably took 5 mins in total and worked straight away. 

Here’s my number give me a call please 07403007000 ford told me it can’t be done can you tell and I’ll sort you out 

Personally I wouldn’t.

gotta weigh up the pros and cons. 

some idiot crashes into you, cars smoking , doors won’t open.... nuf said I think. 

5 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Personally I wouldn’t.

some idiot crashes into you, cars smoking , doors won’t open.... nuf said I think. 

Good point, at least you won't get trapped in a burning car if you've been carjacked at the traffic lights!  Phew... :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Good point, at least you won't get trapped in a burning car if you've been carjacked at the traffic lights!  Phew... :biggrin: 

Pros and cons ! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 2:08 PM, Alex.S said:

Personally I wouldn’t.

It's only when the doors are double locked they won't open.

1 hour ago, DaveT70 said:

It's only when the doors are double locked they won't open.

I don’t doubt that, but I really don’t want to test that out. 

But what would the difference there be between auto-locking and pressing the lock button yourself?  I always lock, it's habit now like the seatbelt.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club