Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 2019 standard speakers

Ulrikzef
聽Share

Hi,

i鈥檓 thinking about buying a new Fiesta titanium 2019, But the salesman keeps pushing me to upgrade to the b&o Speakers.聽

My question:

are the standard 6 Speakers really that bad? Or do i NEED the upgrade if i want聽to have good Speakers in my car? 馃檪

thanks聽

Depends how much you like music - standard is fine, B&O has a sub woofer in the boot which improves the bass - downside you can't have a spare tyre.

I find the standard set up to be perfectly ok. The roads around my way are nearly all "surface-dressed" (ie chippings loosely stuck down with tarmac) as well as the usual potholes etc, and so noisy that I doubt the B&O would be any benefit for me. There are quite a few posts on here from people who have the B&O set up and have found the extra bass etc can contribute to vibrations in the door panels. Also, as Tiexen says, you can't have the factory spare wheel set up though some members have found ingenious ways round this, with the loss of some boot space.

If your salesman thinks that the聽B&O are so great, perhaps he might care to do you a deal on them to prove his point?馃榾

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 10:33 AM, Ulrikzef said:

Hi,

i鈥檓 thinking about buying a new Fiesta titanium 2019, But the salesman keeps pushing me to upgrade to the b&o speakers.聽

My question:

are the standard 6 speakers really that bad? Or do i NEED the upgrade if i want聽to have good speakers in my car? 馃檪

thanks聽

Full disclosure lol, I feel a little strongly about the B&o system as it drove my decision to get a Titanium over the ST-Line (availability)... Which I now regret if I'm honest.

Had both for a while (basic system for 2 weeks & B&o for 6 months) in two different fiestas聽 Basic is OK and by no means terrible for a small car.

The B&o is a real and tangible improvement but it's by no means fantastic.聽 It's VERY picky about what sources sound amazing and everything else, well it sounds good but is a little disappointing for me.聽 Also the speaker setup is massively orientated to the front of the vehicle with seriously noticeable drop off in quality if you dare to try and push it to the rear Speakers (95% of the time I can't identify when the sub is being driven or not).

Myself and a few others have developed various speaker rattles as well, but I'm not sure if this is isolated to the B&o system or all of them in general.

Best idea is to test both with your OWN USB stick with various MP3s / FLACs etc.聽 Don't rely on the showroom B&o stick as it's using WAV lossless files that sound stunning 馃榿

WAV is a format you'll never hear on DAB/FM/Spotify/Google music etc or ever likely to use on USB.

TL:DR = It's a relatively cheap upgrade to get the B&o, and I would still prefer it if choosing again, but I wouldn't let it be a deciding factor.

• Like 1

I have the B&O system in my car and have driven the Fiesta with the standard setup. B&O is a large improvement on the standard setup. As others have said though, the standard isn't bad - it simply is what it says it is - normal radio and speaker set up that sounds fine for pretty much everyone.聽

The B&O has mixed reviews but personally, I do not regret having it. It is better than the standard setup and when driving other cars with standard Speakers, I appreciate the improvements offered by the B&O system even more.聽

It all comes down for what you want though. Have a listen using your own USB of both standard and B&O. If you're really not bothered, go standard and save money. Although, if you see a difference (and aren't bothered losing the spare wheel), go for it as the cost to add it on as an option isnt actually that big if I remember correctly.聽

Be warned though, you won't really be able to "max out" the system as the door panels just aren't made for it. They'll begin to rattle and make buzzing noises when there is plentiful bass to be had.聽

• Like 1

In my previous Ford,聽a Focus ZS, I had the Sony setup which I thought was very good. I have the standard setup in my Mk7.5 St Line, which I think is better than the previous Sony unit.

The mrs has聽a Mk8 St Line X with the standard head unit, which I think is far better than my Mk7.5.

A guy at work has a mk7 5 door Titanium "I think", with a B/O setup. I have heard it and am not overall impressed. His words were he wished he hadn't taken the option up as he feels it isn't very good, is hit and miss and has to fiddle around with settings continually. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium for him.

I love music in the car and have a few USB sticks now, they are all I use other than the DAB radio.

On reflection, we are both glad we didn't take the option of the B/O system as most reviews seem to steer people away, making the option seem a little like a waste of money promising something it doesn't quite offer most of the time.

• 2 years later...

Hello,聽

if you upgrade from factory聽to the B&O sound system in a Fiesta聽ST3, are ALL the Speakers B&O upgrades or are some of them standard? .. only I鈥檝e heard they are?聽

Chloe聽

And nowadays the woofer is no longer in the place of the spare, but behind the grills

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club