Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick question and help

sonic113

Got a broken spring on driver side  my focus 2009 1.6 zetec petrol , can't get nowhere open till Monday now to get a new set, I have the whole front set from a cmax  2010 1.6 zetec petrol (HUB,front shock, spring,top mount all in one piece) , need the car for tonight and tomorrow so was thinking of just chaging over the whole lot as one piece, will they fit ok? I also plan to swap both sides just to be even.

Thanks

Yes they all seem to fit across, will fit them early in the morning. 

One thing I'm concerned about is that I think from memory the focus has what ford call sports suspension, which I think means that's the front springs are just 15% stiffer, I'm not sure if the cmax is the same but if the cmax springs are just standard would this make much of a difference at all?

I would imagine the cmax ones to be stiffer to compensate for the more weight but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

You could be correct I think they should be fine , if they don't do well I plan to change them  again anyways at some point, at least for now I'm mobile again lol!

The springs will be wrong, there are loads of different springs for the Focus depending on engine and trim level, they are marked by different coloured bands on the spring. 

However they will fit and work fine for now at least, you might just notice a slightly altered ride height or comfort in real world, it won't make a huge difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The springs will be wrong, there are loads of different springs for the Focus depending on engine and trim level, they are marked by different coloured bands on the spring. 

However they will fit and work fine for now at least, you might just notice a slightly altered ride height or comfort in real world, it won't make a huge difference.

I would of thought with the cmax having the standard springs it would of make the ride more comfortable. Will know more when I fit them.

1 hour ago, sonic113 said:

I would of thought with the cmax having the standard springs it would of make the ride more comfortable. Will know more when I fit them.

There isn't really a 'standard' spring, they are all matched to the weight of the car and the trim level, there are 6 spring choices for the 1.6 Ti-VCT alone, although they seem to cover both the Focus and the CMax so maybe the weight isn't that different.

The Focus Zetec comes on standard suspension btw, it's the Zetec S that gets sports suspension which is a bit stiffer and lower. :smile: 

Regardless, the springs have probably snapped by now and been replaced with aftermarket parts, these are usually just a compromise between various engines and trims for low production costs rather than making specific ones.  If they haven't been replaced, they'll be old and saggy by now so softer than new anyway.

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

There isn't really a 'standard' spring, they are all matched to the weight of the car and the trim level, there are 6 spring choices for the 1.6 Ti-VCT alone, although they seem to cover both the Focus and the CMax so maybe the weight isn't that different.

The Focus Zetec comes on standard suspension btw, it's the Zetec S that gets sports suspension which is a bit stiffer and lower. :smile: 

Regardless, the springs have probably snapped by now and been replaced with aftermarket parts, these are usually just a compromise between various engines and trims for low production costs rather than making specific ones.  If they haven't been replaced, they'll be old and saggy by now so softer than new anyway.

Really good information. So they should be fine for the time being anyways. Thanks

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club