Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford fiesta mk8 st line second time dead!

Sharky51117

Today, for second time, my ford fiesta mk8 st line deny to start! Actually it is complete dead. I press the keys to get in and nothing happend at all. I was harry to go to work so i couldnt try to get in with the folding key but tomorrow i Will try. I guess, like the first time, the battery is drain. The problem is that i cant change battery every year! Even if it is under warranty! It is a briliant car in terms of looks, driving characteristics, etc but i have lost my faith on it. Does anyone knows if there is a known problem with batteries at mk8? Sorry for my english! 

Is it not still under warranty?

It is,but the point is that something wrong with the electronics of mk8! Actually yesterday i opened the car with the key,inside of remote,i get in the car and everything was normal! The light of the dash go on and the big screen with ford logo appear! I pressed the start button and .... voilà the engine start as it should be! So,what was this? And another electronic gremlin?

Seems Ford are worse than the French cars for electrical problems these days

To date my 2100 mile old car has had new -

OBD port, Power control module, O2 sensor, Body control module, ECU

Booked in next week for new headlight and door window rattle

Trade in prices for my car (18 plate 140 ST-Line Nav) are coming in at £9800 - £11200 - these cars are going to be worthless out of warranty

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club