Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What wheel size?

Tomsfiesta

Hello I have a 2006 Fiesta MK6 Style trim level which currently have 15" mods in it. Looking to fit some alloys. Do I have to stick with 15" or can I fit bigger rims without having to change other things. Can I fit Zetec/st alloys? Recently seen some ST150 17" alloys for sale - doesn't give the age of the vehicle - can these be fitted? 

Also considering lowering the car. Any suggestions of how low to go? Don't want to slam it right down. I had 45mm lowering springs on my previous Suzuki. What's a 'normal' lowering amount and what wheels should I go with?

Thanks Tom

Interesting name. :wink: 

You can fit bigger wheels no problem, they just need to have less tyre sidewall to keep the overall circumference of the wheel and tyre roughly the same.  If you're buying alloys from another Fiesta they should already come with the correct sized tyres.  ST150 alloys come with 205/40/17s.  Personally I'd stick to 16s on a Mk6, with 195/45/16 tyres, bit more sidewall for a smoother ride and less easily damaged by potholes, not to mention the ST 17s are really heavy so not ideal for handling or MPG.  Wheel choice is totally personal though, I used to be totally OEM only...but recently I've started liking a lot of aftermarket rims...

Not sure there is a standard lowering for these, most of them seem to be dropped on coilovers for the maximum height adjustment.  If you do for 17s on a Style you'll need to go at least 40mm drop to stop it looking like the car is floating above them! :laugh: 

Cool thank you. I was also thinking 16". Do you know if Focus rims will fit? 

Thanks Tom

MK2 & 3 Focus are 5 stud so they won't fit.

MK1 Focus is the correct 4x108 PCD but I don't know how close the offset is.  The tyres will definitely be too big on Focus rims if buying as a set.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Interesting name. :wink: 

Was thinking the same thing 😂

For 16 inch why not the zetec s or ghia wheels? Here's a picture of my zetec s for some ideas

_20190602_110923.JPG

• Haha 1

Thanks for the photo. Yeah they're the rims I like. I've had multi spoke alloys on previous cars and think they look ace. I'll have a search for Zetec s alloys

Was yours lowered? 

I have a similar Zetec s, and I use these :

Focus Alloy Wheel 15" x 6J Silver 5 x 2 Spoke from 15-08-1998 to 09-05-2005 - 1064103

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/alloy-wheel-15-x-6j-silver-5-x-2-spoke

with 195 section winter tyres, with no problem.

As for 16's, I do like these :

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/alloy-wheel-16-x-6-5j-silver-8-spoke

19 hours ago, Tomsfiesta said:

Thanks for the photo. Yeah they're the rims I like. I've had multi spoke alloys on previous cars and think they look ace. I'll have a search for Zetec s alloys. 

Was yours lowered? 

I think from factory the zetec s is slightly lower but not that noticeable. I haven't touched the suspension 

18 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I think from factory the zetec s is slightly lower but not that noticeable. I haven't touched the suspension 

Yep, the ZS is lower than the style by about 15mm.  Doesn't sound much but makes a surprising difference!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yep, the ZS is lower than the style by about 15mm.  Doesn't sound much but makes a surprising difference!

That's good to know 😊. I know the mk7 were lowered but didn't know with the mk6. I'd probably drop it another 20mm however I don't know anything about lowering and the drop it would have. 

Think I'll sort the rims first then look at the lowering options. Lowered by Corsa 40mm and my Swift 45mm, so I'm guessing it'll be something similar. 

• 2 years later...

I've just bought 16x8 for my fiesta syle mk6, would these fit without having to do anything else to the car? I've been told they would stick out of the arch abit, would that be a problem for rubbing or anything else etc..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club