Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jayne turner

Jayne turner

My father has a Ford Popular from 1957, he believes that the number plate was one that was actually registered by Dagenham motors, he has been offered money to sell the plate separately from the car, but we cannot find anywhere any information to verify this, can anyone help please, he has decided it’s time to sell the car and would love to have the correct information, to decide the best way to sell it, he does feel the number plate should remain with the car but obviously it would affect the asking price

many thanks

I think my father tried the DVLA but will check again, thanks for reply

I guess it doesn't work for the old dateless plates but Cazana is a free website that can tell you where modern cars were first registered so might be worth a look.

Otherwise, DVLA is the only place that might know but they really don't like giving out info so it may take a few tries! 

I don't know how the pre-63 plates were made up, after that date, the year and location could be worked out from the reg number but before that they might just have been random.

if it has one letter then that shows where registered. if it has two letters then they show where registered. if it has three letters then the 2nd and 3rd show where registered.

My brother has an old trade book where it told you the year of all pre A reg (the 1963 A reg not the 1983 A reg) used by trade to help spot fake plates that did not tie in with year of card. I doubt he could find it now though.

You will find stuff on the internet that will tell you the town codes of the letters for the old series. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club