Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Suspension "spacers"?

ST Pretender

hi everyone, been doing mods of bits and pieces to my mk2 Focus and improving its look. one job on my list to make it sexier was to have a lowering kit installed. the first set i bought didnt reduce the height as much as i had wished for so i bought another fully adjustable lowering kit in the hope to get the car to squat that bit further. i have 18" genuine RS alloys on the car already. my mechanic was able to adjust the front to the perfect height i wanted as my local roads are not forgiving so i needed to allow for the car to deal with humps and hollows at a fair speed. now, the back end i could not have adjusted to meet the front as my mechanic said it was down as far as it can go, he then suggested a "spacer" will help reduce the height. so he ordered the part (he bought it not me) and said its coming from China so dont expect it soon. two months later it has not appeared and visits to my mechanic for updates seem to annoy him. short story long, im looking to find out what this spacer is so i can source it myself then get another mechanic to fit it. the car looks like it is slightly leaning foward from the side. gap wise the front is 2" and back is 5". if anyone needs any further info to help find me these spacers then i can happily provide it.

i hope some of you beautiful people can help me out.

thanks in advance, Jay.

On 6/10/2019 at 10:04 AM, ST Pretender said:

hi everyone, been doing mods of bits and pieces to my mk2 Focus and improving its look. one job on my list to make it sexier was to have a lowering kit installed. the first set i bought didnt reduce the height as much as i had wished for so i bought another fully adjustable lowering kit in the hope to get the car to squat that bit further. i have 18" genuine RS alloys on the car already. my mechanic was able to adjust the front to the perfect height i wanted as my local roads are not forgiving so i needed to allow for the car to deal with humps and hollows at a fair speed. now, the back end i could not have adjusted to meet the front as my mechanic said it was down as far as it can go, he then suggested a "spacer" will help reduce the height. so he ordered the part (he bought it not me) and said its coming from China so dont expect it soon. two months later it has not appeared and visits to my mechanic for updates seem to annoy him. short story long, im looking to find out what this spacer is so i can source it myself then get another mechanic to fit it. the car looks like it is slightly leaning foward from the side. gap wise the front is 2" and back is 5". if anyone needs any further info to help find me these spacers then i can happily provide it.

i hope some of you beautiful people can help me out.

thanks in advance, Jay.

Have you got coil overs on and when you say spacers are you trying to push the wheels out or is it on the adjustment of the rear suspension put up some pics of the car 

If you want just to line up with the arches then 20mm if you want an even wider look then 25mm. There is plenty "hub centric" spacers available on eBay or there is more expensive versions like Eibach or hnr. Make sure you get hub centric to be safe.

• Like 1

The front will always be lower than the rear (unless you're transporting lead slabs) due to the weight of the engine and front sub-frame.

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

The front will always be lower than the rear (unless you're transporting lead slabs) due to the weight of the engine and front sub-frame.

If he's on coil overs he should be able to set it up how he wants regardless of engine weight 

• Like 1

Don't know if mine is lowered, but I know it's got the Ford coil springs with the coloured bands on them.

IMG_20180707_160713.jpg

IMG_20190613_092604.jpg

11 hours ago, wilto said:

Don't know if mine is lowered, but I know it's got the Ford coil springs with the coloured bands on them.

IMG_20180707_160713.jpg

IMG_20190613_092604.jpg

Defo looks lower than mines at the rear.

13 hours ago, wilto said:

IMG_20180707_160713.jpg

IMG_20190613_092604.jpg

I do know it needs to be lower 👌. Many shoes can fit in that arch gap.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:22 AM, wilto said:

IMG_20180707_160713.jpg

IMG_20190613_092604.jpg

Probably got the zeetec spring's think they are 15mm lower than the stock springs

• Like 1

thanks to the guys that replied to my message, some nice lookin motors, Wilto your Focus is very like mine i always thought about the black spoiler and you have it done, it looks well, on the above mentions i can understand the front would be lower due to the load weight, i have seen Focus' with the level look i want so its possible to bring the back down, i do have 20mil spacers yet to be fitted to widen the wheels but im concentrating on getting the ride height first then fixing the camber, then the width.

i only have old pics of my previous ride height before i bought the new kit, i only have a video i made this morning before my car was taken away... im on holiday and i lost my car key on the beach, 2hrs of searching before darkness came brought up nothing so insurance company arranged to have her taken away and locks changed, duno why they cant just get Ford to cut her a new key!? so i made a video to record no damage at time of pick up, i have a courtesy car atm, 5dr Corsa and its just not me lol ill have her back in 48hrs im told so ill send foward pics then

this is mine, a twin almost of Wilto's motor... and she has a front number plate i just chose to black it out for the pic.

IMG_20190614_182132.jpg

3 hours ago, ST Pretender said:

this is mine, a twin almost of Wilto's motor... and she has a front number plate i just chose to black it out for the pic.

IMG_20190614_182132.jpg

Nice only difference is wiltos is a facelift MK2.

Ok you want to lower the rear more and you are on coilovers so you need to check that the rear adjust nut is wound all the way I don't think it will be if you have a big difference between the font and rear this is where you need to get a pic 

If it is the only other thing you can do is remove the adjustment nut to lower more there's no spacers that you can install to lower the rear of the car

If that doesn't work you can chop a coil off the springs lots of people do it to level out the rear suspension

• Like 1

If you have spacers fit them and it will make the rear look better as the gap will look smaller also have you tinted your front windscreen looks very dark ?

On 6/14/2019 at 6:23 PM, ST Pretender said:

IMG_20190614_182132.jpg

Haaayyy it's my long lost older brother. 😋

Nice looking car buddy 👍

• Like 1

Quick pic of my front end

IMG_20180707_160810.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/18/2019 at 8:33 PM, TangoDaz said:

40 mm H&R 

IMG_4436[1].JPG

Looking lovely Dar'

On 6/16/2019 at 1:45 AM, wilto said:

Quick pic of my front end

IMG_20180707_160810.jpg

i love the bonnet Wilto

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2019 at 10:50 PM, Dave sport tdci said:

Ok you want to lower the rear more and you are on coilovers so you need to check that the rear adjust nut is wound all the way I don't think it will be if you have a big difference between the font and rear this is where you need to get a pic 

If it is the only other thing you can do is remove the adjustment nut to lower more there's no spacers that you can install to lower the rear of the car

If that doesn't work you can chop a coil off the springs lots of people do it to level out the rear suspension

thanks for the tips Dave! 👍 i took it to my mechanic he said he lifted her up and had this "spacer" idea. not knowing about cars i took his word but now your suggestions make me think theres other options out there. can see by Dars pic thats the height id love and he has 40mm on his yet im strugglin to get mine down to the same. the spacers i have in my possession are the hubcentric kind but im looking on fixing my negative camber first before trying the spacers to align the wheel with the body. my car is still out being fixed so ill have to wait to send further pics to better explain my words.

9 hours ago, ST Pretender said:

thanks for the tips Dave! 👍 i took it to my mechanic he said he lifted her up and had this "spacer" idea. not knowing about cars i took his word but now your suggestions make me think theres other options out there. can see by Dars pic thats the height id love and he has 40mm on his yet im strugglin to get mine down to the same. the spacers i have in my possession are the hubcentric kind but im looking on fixing my negative camber first before trying the spacers to align the wheel with the body. my car is still out being fixed so ill have to wait to send further pics to better explain my words.

I think that the mechanic set the rear because you was concerned about the camber.

I think that he was probably trying to get you some adjustable camber bolts

You can run the rear without the camber bolts but will use up your tyres quick on the inside 

Just adjust the adjustment ring on the back till you have the desired height and get some camber bolts fitted within a few weeks it will be fine

speakin another language to me, Dave lol it was a different guy who fitted my lowering kit but my new mechanic is who i took it to that mentioned these spacers. he didnt know anythin about the camber at the time, wish i could just find a guy who could do this job for me! your tips, Dave, make it sound so simple lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club