Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lower clutch biting point

Grimey1990

Hi all,

My 2008 ford focus has a really high biting point, which I'm just so uncomfortable driving.

I heard you can fasten some bolts near the pedal, but i wanted to find out if this will work before attempting and making things worse.

I learned in a 2018 fiesta, which i feel very comfortable in, the biting point is just over half way up.

My focus however, is almost all the way up. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/10/2019 at 8:40 PM, Grimey1990 said:

Hi all,

My 2008 ford focus has a really high biting point, which I'm just so uncomfortable driving.

I heard you can fasten some bolts near the pedal, but i wanted to find out if this will work before attempting and making things worse.

I learned in a 2018 fiesta, which i feel very comfortable in, the biting point is just over half way up.

My focus however, is almost all the way up. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

The clutches on most/all modern cars are self adjusting, it's not possible to make adjustments to alter the biting point.

I agree with the above response.

Whilst it would be difficult, the only way I can think that this could be done is

a) move the clutch master cylinder further forward and put a bigger rubber stop at the top of the travel. as I say, difficult and would require some trial and error particularly to ensure no clutch drag

or

b) shorten the push rod that goes from pedal to clutch master cylinder. difficult due to the shaped end on the rod, or difficult to join if you cut a piece out of the middle , would require some trial and error particularly to ensure no clutch drag

or

c) deliberately introduce some air into the fluid line between clutch master and slave cylinder. would require some trial and error particularly to ensure no clutch drag

So not quite impossible but totally impractical and difficult

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club