Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Fiesta blower problem

awesomechappie

Hi folks, I know this subject has been asked to death but I can’t seem to find the answer haha

The blower on my girlfriends fiesta does. i thing when you turn it on, absolutely nothing on any number, hot or cold. The AC button light illuminates when you press it it but doesn’t stay on. 

i replaced the resistor, changed the AC fuse which did nothing. 

There wasn’t a fuse in the slot for the blower for some reason... I put one in at correct rating and turned the dial and it popped the fuse. 

I reckon it’s probably the blower motor but would like some advice whether this is the best idea.

cheers

It’s safe to say at this point the blower motor needs testing. 

1 hour ago, stef123 said:

It’s safe to say at this point the blower motor needs testing. 

Any tips on how to go about that?

Either apply power directly to it in situe through a fused power source or remove it and bench test it and again, use a fused power source. With the motor unplugged from the vehicle you could try fittings another fuse and see if it blows again, if it does you have a short to ground somewhere. 

Hi its a 2006 so imagine it’s same as the 2002  mk5 , if you  remove the wipers / unbolt and pull off the plastic scuttle and then remove the blower cover behind that (a few bolts and 3 along bottom hard to see) there’s the back of the blower / you’ll be looking at blower in middle and a fair sized hole to each side of it ,now don’t know if anything would get in there but if it did and is stuck in either of those two holes then that also would cause your problem / if you do want to remove the blower cover then you’ll also have to remove the battery and undo the air filter cover and pipe on top of engine and lift off also or blower cover won’t come out , whole job would take hour or so to remove and refit . 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club