Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk2 Alarm

alcutler

Hi, My son has a mark 2 Mondeo 1.8 TD Ghia X - Problem is on recent frosty nights (only seems to occur on very cold nights) the alarm system is activating - we have disconnected the alarm horn but the hazards are going all night causing battery problems - Can I disconect the alarm system altogether - and how? Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks

can not remember if the mk2 has a bonnet pin switch, if it has it could be that the pin switch is only just being pressed in when the bonnet is shut, so when the bonnet contracts slightly with the cold it could be enough to activate the pin switch.

my mkii did it once when it was freezing only the alarm in a verona set not lights off. everytime i opened the door the alarm gave a muffled beep because its sounder diafram had frozen too.the only thing i can think of if the above tip doesnt work is a category in the following site that gives instructions on making the hazards flash along with the alarm. it describes and shows the addition of a relay for this purpose into a already exhisting plug. if this is the case perhaps u can use the illustration to take the one out on ure vehicle!

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Main_Page

i appologise for not giving u the link for the page because i cannot find it but it is definitely on this site.

good luck!

just had a thought. when my alarm malfunctioned i also discovered the rear tailight letting in water. i wonder if the alarm wiring under the carpet in the boot has a plug in it that could have been affected by that leak into the boot?

my mkii did it once when it was freezing only the alarm in a verona set not lights off. everytime i opened the door the alarm gave a muffled beep because its sounder diafram had frozen too.the only thing i can think of if the above tip doesnt work is a category in the following site that gives instructions on making the hazards flash along with the alarm. it describes and shows the addition of a relay for this purpose into a already exhisting plug. if this is the case perhaps u can use the illustration to take the one out on ure vehicle!

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Main_Page

i appologise for not giving u the link for the page because i cannot find it but it is definitely on this site.

good luck!

Hi Chris, Thanks for the information - I've looked all through the link you gave me but cant find the item you refer to - I'll keep looking, Thanks, Alan

sorry mate the instruction on insertion of relay for indicator function with alarm which u need to do in reverse is the following link and on another site. sorry again but here it is

http://www.mirez.co.uk/AlarmLight.htm

Hi Chris, I think that will do the job - I saw these relays in Haynes but the wat it read was that they were in door brackets which I presumed were in each door - but obviously not I'll try this and see what happens - the pictures show clearly were they are - Your help is much appreciated, Alan

ure welcome!