Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The car is finally here

Guy Heaton

Picked her up today.  8 weeks for a factory order, not too bad I think.

St-line x 182 auto.

Drives really nice, although I need to get used to fwd again. 

I'll do a proper review after a few weeks

IMG_20190611_112605.jpg

IMG_20190611_112611.jpg

IMG_20190611_112621.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

Picked her up today.  8 weeks for a factory order, not too bad I think.

St-line x 182 auto.

Drives really nice, although I need to get used to fwd again. 

I'll do a proper review after a few weeks

IMG_20190611_112605.jpg

IMG_20190611_112611.jpg

IMG_20190611_112621.jpg

Magnetic grey really suits the sportier look of the ST-Line :thumbup1:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

Magnetic grey really suits the sportier look of the ST-Line :thumbup1:

Certainly does. From ones I've seen so far, the Mk 4 does seem to be very sensitive to spec and colour to look its best. Pics I've seen of the ST in "Orange Fury" look amazing but whether I'd dare drive round in one that colour is another matter!😀

Yes, the gray suits the st line but not titanium or vignale I think.  It was an accidental choice, wouldn't have considered it but when we were first looking there was an st line in grey and it looked good.  

Come winter I might stick some night breakers in, the halogens are a bit yellow compared to the DRLs

• Like 1

Nice looking car pal 👍

• Like 1

The more I see this new focus the more I like it. I do think I’d have to remove F O C U S from the boot though, not keen on how much of the rear end it takes up. I’ll have to get a few years out of my current one though before I go looking at one.

• Like 1

As I tend to buy my cars outright when they are around 5 years old, and keep them for about 9 to 10 years, this is the car I will probably be buying in 5 years time, unless I win the lottery 🤞

On 6/12/2019 at 10:02 AM, Matt92 said:

. I do think I’d have to remove F O C U S from the boot though, not keen on how much of the rear end it takes up. 

Yes, I've seen a few rear-end shots of the new ST which doesn't have this lettering - surprising what a difference it makes to the looks ( for the better, imho!😀).

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:35 PM, Guy Heaton said:

Come winter I might stick some night breakers in, the halogens are a bit yellow compared to the DRLs

Halogens on an X in 2019!! 😮  I've noticed the Titanium X comes with halgoens as well now.  I guess the only option is those or LED lights but the LEDs don't seem to be standard on any Mk4 specs?  

I agree with Roger, the Halfords style lettering on the boot would have to go asap if I bought one! :laugh: 

Looks very nice overall though!!  Have you got any interior pictures? :smile: 

28 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Halogens on an X in 2019!! 😮  I've noticed the Titanium X comes with halgoens as well now

Interestingly I spotted the other day that the RAC are calling for legislation to limit the brightness of headlights after research showed that more than 90% of drivers believe they are too bright. The worsening problem of headlight glare was blamed on the use of Xenons and LEDs in place of traditional bulbs, plus the usual reasons of poor adjustment, failure to dip, and increasingly high mounted lights due to the popularity of SUV-type vehicles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Interestingly I spotted the other day that the RAC are calling for legislation to limit the brightness of headlights after research showed that more than 90% of drivers believe they are too bright. The worsening problem of headlight glare was blamed on the use of Xenons and LEDs in place of traditional bulbs, plus the usual reasons of poor adjustment, failure to dip, and increasingly high mounted lights due to the popularity of SUV-type vehicles.

90% seems a lot! 😮  It's always going to be a compromise with seeing where you're going but not stopping oncoming cars from seeing where they're going.  I would've thought the automatic adjustment of xenons would make them less of an issue than halogens as I doubt anyone ever really uses the manual adjuster when they've got rear passengers or a load in the boot.  Maybe auto adjusters should become mandatory even for halgoens...

I haven't found Ford Xenon's to be particularly bright in all honesty, they just look cool...  :laugh:  The silver eyeball projectors were one of the things that drew me to the Mk2.5 Titanium I bought...there was no X trim on 2.5 so xenons were rare on anything other than STs and I always hated the massive reflectors on standard models.

54 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Halogens on an X in 2019!! 😮  I've noticed the Titanium X comes with halgoens as well now.  I guess the only option is those or LED lights but the LEDs don't seem to be standard on any Mk4 specs?  

I agree with Roger, the halfords style lettering on the boot would have to go asap if I bought one! :laugh: 

Looks very nice overall though!!  Have you got any interior pictures? :smile: 

LED headlights are standard on Vignale or new ST or you can upgrade most models to full front LED with adaptive headlights which just for the record are amazing and worth the extra cost

• Like 1

Yes, I almost wish I had specced them but it would have made the cost too much for me and I really wanted the reverse camera.

TBH I've used nightbreakers in my previous car and they're pretty good for halogen, they do give enough light.  These days we only think they don't when we compare to LEDs.  I also find SUV LEDs can be dazzling.  I'd have specced LEDs really for the look.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Comares2001 said:

LED headlights are standard on Vignale or new ST or you can upgrade most models to full front LED with adaptive headlights which just for the record are amazing and worth the extra cost

Ah, my bad, I'd forgotten the Vignale!  Wasn't really counting the ST as it feels like a separate model, unattainable for most of us used buyers, both in terms of purchase price and running costs.  The ST launch is the only MK4 I've seen with a set of LED lights in the flesh so far though.

Is there still a space for the Titanium X as well as the Vignale?  Can't really see the point of the TX now...I'll just hope the Vignale's depreciate quickly! :biggrin: 

To be fair I think they will and they're fully loaded with all the kit.

24 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

To be fair I think they will and they're fully loaded with all the kit.

All they have over the Titanium is a set of ugly 17s and part leathers...who's gonna spend £2k for that? :tongue:  

For a bit extra you might as well go for the Vignale and get full leathers, 18" multispokes, LED headlights, B&O audio, park assist, reverse camera, colour changing ambient lights, heated wheel etc... :biggrin:   

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

90% seems a lot!

I've always had an eye test every two years ever since I first got a bike licence at 16, and I was actually at the opticians earlier this week. Chatting while doing the tests, the optometrist mentioned he'd seen a surprising increase over the last few years, of people of all ages coming in thinking they have a problem because of dazzle when driving at night, so maybe the issue is quite widespread.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

All they have over the Titanium is a set of ugly 17s and part leathers...who's gonna spend £2k for that? :tongue:  

For a bit extra you might as well go for the Vignale and get full leathers, 18" multispokes, LED headlights, B&O audio, park assist, reverse camera, colour changing ambient lights, heated wheel etc... :biggrin:   

Sorry yes I was talking about the vignale.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club