Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Do where you live change what car you have.

jace1969

Do a lot of people with ST's or Sport cars (cars which are known to be pinched)and live where they have to park there cars on the road not on a drive say you live in a flat or high rise flat or a house which your car aint parked by your house and you have to walk to it or cant see it from your window.

I ask as we do have a drive ( i wont in the future) but a lot parks there cars in a pull in and 25k or more cars like Audi/bmw etc but the ST 2 what was out there for a few months had window brokenso he sold it,Brings me to the Topic title when you buy a car like a ST do you look at this as if you do have a drive its a lot better as you can see it or use cctv or other stuff,it does make me think.

Edited by jace1969

If I didn't have a driveway I definitely would not have got one, luckily it is also a sloped drive as they're easier to load onto a flatbed on a level drive, for security I use my dog who will bark like crazy if he hears any noise surrounding my house and a disklok to deter thieves, already put 2 would be thieves away, neighbour cctv has captured it twice where they have walked up my driveway and seen the disklok and walked away.

Don't think I've ever owned a car worth nicking... :laugh:  I never even think about it at home as we live in a 'nice' area, the carpark is well lit, away from the road and overlooked by several flats including mine.  Having said that, a couple of my neighbours always fit diskloks in our carpark...couldn't be bothered with the hassle and worry myself, if I was constantly worried about theft I'd buy something else.  That's one of the major reasons I've gone right off buying a mk3.5 Focus now as they're so easy to steal and so frequently stolen...I'd be worried about parked out during the day rather than at home..

If I had to park on street and in a high-crime area I probably wouldn't buy anything nice though, not only for theft but also because regular on street parking always ends in minor damage eventually, bumper scuffs and kerbed wheels etc.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't think I've ever owned a car worth nicking... 

In my experience, anything is worth nicking to someone!😀 I've always been lucky enough to have off-street parking, but if I didn't, and still needed a car, I'd probably have something pretty rough, more from a damage than theft point of view. Though come to think of it, I've had some pretty rough cars in my time anyway!😀

• Like 3

@Ryan_Tango my dog barks like hell if he hears a noise outside or sees someone too close to the house. He also barks at animals on the TV! He is a good deterrent but his bite is none existent lol.

@Eric BloodaxeBloodaxe you are spot on, people will nick anything if it will get them a few quid, or even to save them walking to the bus stop!

I don't think about parking when I buy a car, I think about parking when I buy a house. I won't buy somewhere that doesn't have off road private parking.

When I start looking for a house I want it to at least have a front garage and a nice size driveway. The garage is so I can put my pride and joy in especially if it's expensive (one day hopefully) and a driveway so the family can park in easily when they'd come over rather than looking for places elsewhere and possibly parking far.

At the moment London ain't the best place to live in with the supposed ULEZ expansion to the whole city. That means people with diesel cars made before 2015 and petrols made before around 2005 will have to pay £12.50 a day to drive it. Now people such as myself with low income drive diesels as they are cheap to run compared to petrols made a decade ago. Not everyone has £15k lieing around to spend getting a compliant diesel. Stupid thing is I was looking at a BMW 330D. A 2014 one is part of the charge whilst a 2015 one isn't and I'm sure both do not have any difference in engine. 

If nothing is done I will have to sadly sell my car and get something like my Peugeot 107 again as that won't be compliant to the charge. 

Insurance quotes for me has gone up also and my sister's friend had the same issue where her insurer said its because of the high crime rate in London 😡. I'm not the one committing the crime. 

39 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Stupid thing is I was looking at a BMW 330D. A 2014 one is part of the charge whilst a 2015 one isn't and I'm sure both do not have any difference in engine. 

There will be some differences for Euro6 as the regs are so tight for NOx and particulates now, even if they've got away without mechanically upgrading EGR or DPF there will be lots of mapping differences.  They even alter things like tyre compounds and engine oil thickness to reduce emissions.  I think the Euro6 330D also comes with AdBlu which the older ones didn't. :smile: 

• Like 1

This is it,if your say living on your own like I will be when dad is not here it's a flat so car will be left on the road either a lay- by or side of the road and a car like a ST I would never go for although I love them it would be a big no as it would make me sick if it was damaged or knicked as I do care for my cars even my 8 year old titanium 1.6 now but that and a 18k plus car like a ST would get to me more,this is why I'm trying to keep mine as a 4k car ain't like a 18k car,still get to you in a big way but not the same.

Also yes Eric Bloodaxe you are spot on they will have anything and this is my reason spot on,i would never have a very high risk car as i know down the line it will be a flat for me so 100%it will be on the road.

And jonro2009 yes i do see the point on the house thing but mainly if your in a flat for single or small family's as i do know a few who do and have a nice car. 

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

When I start looking for a house I want it to at least have a front garage and a nice size driveway. The garage is so I can put my pride and joy in especially if it's expensive (one day hopefully) and a driveway so the family can park in easily when they'd come over rather than looking for places elsewhere and possibly parking far.

At the moment London ain't the best place to live in with the supposed ULEZ expansion to the whole city. That means people with diesel cars made before 2015 and petrols made before around 2005 will have to pay £12.50 a day to drive it. Now people such as myself with low income drive diesels as they are cheap to run compared to petrols made a decade ago. Not everyone has £15k lieing around to spend getting a compliant diesel. Stupid thing is I was looking at a BMW 330D. A 2014 one is part of the charge whilst a 2015 one isn't and I'm sure both do not have any difference in engine. 

If nothing is done I will have to sadly sell my car and get something like my Peugeot 107 again as that won't be compliant to the charge. 

Insurance quotes for me has gone up also and my sister's friend had the same issue where her insurer said its because of the high crime rate in London 😡. I'm not the one committing the crime. 

Hi.

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club