Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk3 engine codes

Jem71

Hello 

I have a focus mk3 1.6 ecoboost 150bhp titanium x with a cylinder 1 misfire been recovered by the AA and advised not to drive the car even though it will start and drive with the misfire

I have been looking at engine's but I'm unsure which engine codes would be a direct fit for my car my engine codes is jqdb - any help would be gratefully appreciated before it goes on eBay as a non runner

Thank you 

Has it been diagnosed as an internal engine fault?  A missfire can easily be an injector or spark plug!

• Like 1

Why are you replacing the engine? Do you have the DTC codes from the diagnostics? It'll help pin down the fault which could be a simple spark plug/injector fault. 

Check the spark plug gap I'm fairly sure on the 1.6 Ecoboost it should be 0.8mm a lot of NGK spark plugs are appalling for the gap

Replaced spark plugs and injectors and coil packs are o.k still comes up cylinder 1 misfire when it decides to throw the engine management light on

On 6/12/2019 at 3:07 PM, Jem71 said:

Replaced spark plugs and injectors and coil packs are o.k still comes up cylinder 1 misfire when it decides to throw the engine management light on

You need significantly more disagnostics carrying out before you go for replacing the engine, that is NOT a cheap option (it's the last resort).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club